Profile for J. Holmes > Reviews

Content by J. Holmes

J. Holmes "Film addict" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Leonardo Pastel Duck Egg Floral Cup and Saucer Set in Presentation Box
Leonardo Pastel Duck Egg Floral Cup and Saucer Set in Presentation Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy and stylish, 12 Jan. 2017
This came promptly and intact. A present for my mother who loves a cup and saucer as she feels tea is always better tasting that way; no mugs for her. It's beautiful and we were all pleased with this purchase.

Jamie Oliver JC8500 Storage Range Pop-Top Storage Jar - Glass and Plastic, Large, Clear and Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it was made for, 14 Dec. 2016
This was a perfect purchase for my spaghetti. It sits nicely on my kitchen counter and holds quite a bit. The lid is a bit fiddly at times but for the money I paid, it does the job. I would get another if I needed to.

LOAFERS BROGUES LOW HEEL SHOES WOMENS LADIES SCHOOL FORMAL PUMPS TWO TONE SIZE
LOAFERS BROGUES LOW HEEL SHOES WOMENS LADIES SCHOOL FORMAL PUMPS TWO TONE SIZE
Offered by Fashion Thirsty

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not long lasting..., 14 Dec. 2016
Once these shoes had been broken in they were like slippers and my feet were very comfortable. However, I guess that over the course of two months, I wore them too much and the soles cracked quite badly. I walk a lot in my job as I commute and I also wore them on a holiday to Venice because they were smart and comfortable. Now I have had to throw them because they are beyond repair. So get them if you feel you won't wear them as often as I did. Not built to last.

TRESemme Ceramic Hot Brush - Black
TRESemme Ceramic Hot Brush - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good purchase., 13 Dec. 2016
Great hotbrush. It is small enough to style my hair just as I like it.

Homecoming: Star Trek Voyager (Star Trek: Voyager)
Homecoming: Star Trek Voyager (Star Trek: Voyager)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected......., 13 Dec. 2016
I am a huge fan of Star Trek Voyager and was so disappointed when the series finished, especially as it finished so abruptly and with so much left to show us as the crew arrive back to Earth. Therefore when I discovered there were novels based on the Star Trek franchise I couldn't wait to have a read. However, this did not continue the story as I would have liked and I guess in my head I had continued the story another way. But that's my issue. I will continue with the other books, (I am on the second book now) and hopefully it will live up to my expectations a little more as I progress. However, I enjoy that it doesn't forget a lot of the storylines from the series and each character's plot history is fondly touched upon every so often.

New Womens Ladies Low Mid Block Heel Slip On Casual Party Court Shoes Pumps Size
Offered by Fashion Thirsty

2.0 out of 5 stars Make my feet cry......, 13 Dec. 2016
I have been wearing these shoes for quite a while and all attempts to stretch them in the toe area has failed. On the plus side, they are smart, ideal for work and have a perfect height heel. But probably because of the patent style, either they just won't stretch with wear or my efforts to push out the toe area by other methods and as a result my toe nails are in a heap of pain! Either my toes are getting fatter or these shoes were not made to be broken in. I guess I won't buy patent shoes again.

GoGou Cool Retro Skull Wallet for Women Vintage Clutch Bag (Black)
GoGou Cool Retro Skull Wallet for Women Vintage Clutch Bag (Black)
Offered by GoGou

4.0 out of 5 stars A purse to impress......a bit., 23 Aug. 2016
Lovely big purse but the skull on the side is a tad larger than I was expecting and sticks out qite a bit. The credit card slots are really tight. But it's still a nice purse and should get more flexible over time.

Aves Air AIR8021010 Digital Handheld DAB  DAB+ FM Radio with LCD Display
Aves Air AIR8021010 Digital Handheld DAB DAB+ FM Radio with LCD Display

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be better......, 6 Aug. 2014
Not too happy with this product. I'm not a "techie" and don't understand why I can't get over half of the stations I should. No DAB signal. I live in London and there should be minimal problems. My larger DAB radio in my kitchen has no such issues. This is a nice radio with good sound - when you can get a station you may want to listen to! And there were no instructions in the box.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a satisfied customer....., 15 July 2014
Not happy. I wore them for one day and they broke. The strap came adrift from the soul.

Ruby Shoo Womens Portia Court Shoes 08540 Grey 6 UK, 39 EU
Ruby Shoo Womens Portia Court Shoes 08540 Grey 6 UK, 39 EU
Offered by Belle Divino

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes, 21 May 2014
It's not often I rave about a shoe but these are amazing! I love the fit, style, colour and they're not too high either. I would definitely recommend these, either for evening or day wear.

Page: 1 | 2