Profile for summerbells > Reviews

Content by summerbells

summerbells

Page: 1 | 2
The Midwife's Revolt (The Midwife Series)
The Midwife's Revolt (The Midwife Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well researched historical novel, 24 May 2016
I have read so many books lately that seem to favour length over content. I become bored with stories that started out well. This is not one of those books. My interest was held throughout and thankfully there were not too many characters to keep in mind. Will definitely read more by Jodi Daynard.

Oregon Country: The Story of the 1843 Oregon Trail Migration
Oregon Country: The Story of the 1843 Oregon Trail Migration
by T. J. Hanson

5.0 out of 5 stars An absorbing read., 5 Feb. 2016
A wonderful book, from the detailed account of preparation for the journey to the many many tribulations along the way. I was sorry to finish it and wondered what happened in Abby's life in Oregon. Very well researched.

FunkyBuys® Dinosaur Kids Childrens Large Storage Toy Box Boys Girls Books Chest Clothes Seat Stool
Offered by worldofbargain888

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy box, 11 Dec. 2015
Bright colours, sturdy, useful. I'm sure my 5 year old great grandson will love it.

Ornami Sterling Silver Snowflake Hook Wire Earrings for Pierced Ears
Ornami Sterling Silver Snowflake Hook Wire Earrings for Pierced Ears

5.0 out of 5 stars Shiney and pretty, 10 Dec. 2015
Small but noticeable and very pretty. Good value.

Official Star Wars Force Awakens Kylo Ren Sublimation Boy's T-Shirt (11-12 Years)
Offered by Noisy Sauce UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 3 Dec. 2015
Very disappointed. If this is "official" produce they should think again. The fabric is very thin and poor, the design is 'fuzzy', seams not good and some loose threads. The back is white which isn't clear in the description. I had bought it as a gift for my nephew but I would be ashamed to give it. I bought it at a cheaper price, hence the one star, but it still isn't worth the money.

JVC HAS160A Flats Foldable Style Stereo Headphones - Blue
JVC HAS160A Flats Foldable Style Stereo Headphones - Blue
Offered by DiscountDiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bulky for travelling, 13 Aug. 2015
Lightweight and easily packed for travelling. Very good sound quality.

Treasures in Cross-stitch
Treasures in Cross-stitch
by Jane Greenoff

4.0 out of 5 stars Many good designs, 6 May 2015
Some very good designs and large charts. Lost one star as I prefer symbols in the charts and this has colours which can be a little confusing when you have several shades of the same colour. Cross stitchers will know what I'm talking about!

These is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901
These is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901

5.0 out of 5 stars So clearly it's a favourite with me, 23 Jan. 2015
I bought this in paperback several years ago, read it several times and now have it on my kindle for holiday reading. So clearly it's a favourite with me. I also have the follow up books but These is my Words remains my favourite. Recommended.

Sand, Sea and Cross Stitch: Over 50 stylish cross stitch patterns
Sand, Sea and Cross Stitch: Over 50 stylish cross stitch patterns
by Anna Field

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent buy, 4 Sept. 2013
I love this book. Very attractive, varied designs with very clear charts. I have quite a few books with charts either so small or unclear they are unusable. This book is exactly what a chart book should be and it's new - not a re-hash of designs that have been around for years. I hope Anna Field continues with lovely, themed, designs. Highly recommended.

The Treasures of Luxor and the Valley of the Kings (Art Guides)
The Treasures of Luxor and the Valley of the Kings (Art Guides)
by Kent R. Weeks
Edition: Turtleback

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of it's type, 18 May 2012
Wonderful guide to the marvellous sites to be seen in Luxor. Beautifully illustrated - it's rather too bulky to carry in your pocket, though it will go in your backpack. Descriptions are detailed enough, in plain language without getting too academic. Highly recommended

Page: 1 | 2