Profile for Mrs. T > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Russell Hobbs 20630 Powersteam Ultra Iron, 3100 W - Black
Russell Hobbs 20630 Powersteam Ultra Iron, 3100 W - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality product., 18 Jun. 2016
As soon as I took this iron out of the box I knew it would be good. It's sturdy, fairly heavy, which you need for a decent iron. The shape is good for handling. The water filler hole and cover are easy to use, a clear water tank means you can see the water level. The electrical cable is covered in quality threading. The plate glides over clothing. It gets really hot and gives ample steam for cotton and linen and cools down quickly for delicate clothing. Minor niggle is that I can't find a way to wrap the cable around the iron after use when storing away. ( Might tell me on the instructions that I've not read). I would recommend this iron.

Wiseguy
Wiseguy
by Nicholas Pileggi
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping from start to finish, 18 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Wiseguy (Mass Market Paperback)
Previous reviews have said it all, I just wanted to add a further 5 stars to the review tally because the book deserves it. It's brilliant.

60 (3 Packs x 20) simplehuman code/size C (10-12 litres) bin bag liners, CW0162
60 (3 Packs x 20) simplehuman code/size C (10-12 litres) bin bag liners, CW0162
Offered by Selectric London Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars £11.97 on Simplehuman's website!, 27 May 2016
They're the best.

Fiskars Scissor Restorer/Tuner/Sharpener
Fiskars Scissor Restorer/Tuner/Sharpener

1.0 out of 5 stars No difference, 20 May 2016
I got a couple of my grannies Fiskar scissors, they're probably over 25 yrs old and were not sharp therefore I purchased this sharpener. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong because despite sitting for ages using this tool I haven't found a difference to the sharpness of the scissors.

Morphy Richards Turbosteam Iron with Diamond Soleplate - Purple
Morphy Richards Turbosteam Iron with Diamond Soleplate - Purple

1.0 out of 5 stars Good riddance., 20 May 2016
Today this iron of mine broke and no longer works. I bought it just over a year ago. I was ironing this morning when all of a sudden the iron got so hot it scorched the trousers I was ironing and the black cloth caught on the iron's plate. The iron became hotter and hotter then cooled down and stopped working. I never liked it, the electric cables inside the casing showed through after a couple of months and had to be taped over. I didn't like the fact you couldn't see the water level when filling the iron because the plastic water holder was a dark purple - I had to shake it to see where the water level was at whilst ironing. In addition I never found it comfortable or easy to iron with, it wasn't wide enough or heavy enough. I'm quite glad it's only lasted a year so I can buy another one.

Diana - A Closely Guarded Secret
Diana - A Closely Guarded Secret

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't tell me anything,, 16 May 2016
I think this book should be titled ' I am so brilliant' by Ken Wharfe.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but that's it!, 1 Mar. 2016
I bought mine from John Lewis because of the mixed reviews, knowing that if it went wrong JL would collect and refund with no fuss. Just as well, after 6 weeks the button to open the lid became stuck fast, therefore I sent it back. It's very noisy - for a couple of weeks I kept checking to see if I'd left the lid up because of the noise. It does not boil any quicker than a cheap kettle. It's heavy, which did not bother me but it might other people. The main base and the base of the kettle are not round so when you place the kettle down on its stand to boil you have to twist it until it matches up neatly, which is a bit of a bore. John Lewis no longer stock this kettle. I'm so glad I didn't get round to buying the matching toaster.

amazing-trading(TM) Sports Finger Splint-Brace-Injury Support Available
amazing-trading(TM) Sports Finger Splint-Brace-Injury Support Available
Offered by amazing-trading store

2.0 out of 5 stars Massive!, 4 Feb. 2016
It's massive! I had to heat a sharp knife up and melt through the plastic to cut an inch and a half off the length. To put my finger in the straight position I had to tighten the Velcro around the splint so tight it blocked the blood supply. If I wore it looser it came off as I slept.. It's bulky but I'm sure it will help someone with large hands and a very minor injury.

SHED - WOODEN KEYRING (SMALL) - HANDMADE CEDAR - RUSTIC
SHED - WOODEN KEYRING (SMALL) - HANDMADE CEDAR - RUSTIC
Offered by LEEWAY-WOODWORK

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy workmanship., 31 Dec. 2015
Mine came with the hole for the ring all splintered at both sides, just real shoddy workmanship. I don't know how they could send it out in that state. The rear of the wooden fob had a green stain on it. I printed off the return label to discover I had to pay for return postage. On contacting the company they said they would only reimburse the cost of postage once they decided whether or not they found it faulty. I didn't bother, what's the point if I think it's poor and they don't? Just binned it, it was to be a stocking filler for my brother because he's just bought a shed. I couldn't give him that, it looked as if I'd made it myself. And one ring slipped off the other. Photo added.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Duronic Hybrid Radio Wind Up Solar and Rechargeable AM/FM Radio with USB Charger Cable
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great radio, 31 Dec. 2015
Well, my 76 yr. old mother can manage to work out what to do to make it work (except the USB cable thingy). She found it easy to find all her favourite stations and thought it sounded good stating it's good enough to make her wish for a power cut.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7