Profile for P. Cicuta > Reviews

P. Cicuta (UK)

Nike Men's Distance 5 Inch Short - Black/Reflective Silver, Large
Nike Men's Distance 5 Inch Short - Black/Reflective Silver, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 11 Sept. 2014
My second pair, necessary as you will not want to run in anything else once you have these....

Jack Wolfskin Men's Topaz II Weatherproof Jacket - Parrot Green, Large
Jack Wolfskin Men's Topaz II Weatherproof Jacket - Parrot Green, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 11 Sept. 2014
Excellent jacket! Completely happy of this purchase.

Ancillary Justice: THE HUGO, NEBULA AND ARTHUR C. CLARKE AWARD WINNER: 1 (Imperial Radch)
by Ann Leckie

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly boring, 11 Sept. 2014
I really wanted this to be a great read, and expectations were high given all the prizes and many good reviews. Instead it was incredibly boring and slow in developing, with little plot. I struggled to get past halfway and kept going hoping something might suddenly click... It didn't. . I'll definitely not buy the sequel, and I'm not passing on the book to friends as I usually do. Contrast this to my other sci-fi read of the summer, the wool dust shift trilogy which is addictive, imaginative and makes you care about its characters.

Game Theory: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
Game Theory: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
by Ken Binmore

2.0 out of 5 stars missing the basics, 1 Feb. 2013
I found this the worst Very Short Introductions of several I read so far. It seems to have important bits cut off: much more care should have been taken in the first few chapters. Not even the notation of the diagrams is explained. Not recommended. Th eonly chapter I enjoyed is a middle one on game theory in biology, but I suppose that has most to do with my curiosity in the topic. Missed opportunity!

Make Electronics: Learning by Discovery
Make Electronics: Learning by Discovery
by Charles Platt

5.0 out of 5 stars Best introduction for serious hobbyists, 11 Jun. 2010
I have a range of books on electronics, circuits, robotics... and this one is my favourite. By far the best introduction to making electronics for serious hobbyists. Look elsewhere for detailed fundamentals (impedance, Kirchoff, digital logic) or industrial scale electronics... but read this book for the hands-on knowledge and wealth of ideas, tips and examples that it contains. Ideal reference for home automation projects, one-off prototypes (for example in an academic science, or research project), interactive installations. Written in a very clear and pleasant style, with great diagrams. Complements nicely two other volumes I enjoyed in the same editorial series: "Getting Started with Arduino" and "Making Things Talk: Practical Methods for Connecting Physical Objects".