Profile for Moormusic > Reviews

Content by Moormusic

Moormusic

The Last Faith: A book by an atheist believer
The Last Faith: A book by an atheist believer

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm about a quarter of the way through this book ..., 4 Mar. 2017
I'm about a quarter of the way through this book and am struggling. I find it annoyingly repetitive and simplistic. A lot of assertions are made without any real substance to justify them.

Headhunters
Headhunters

1.0 out of 5 stars I have enjoyed other Jo Nesbo books but this is dire, 1 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Headhunters (Kindle Edition)
I have enjoyed other Jo Nesbo books but this is dire. The protagonists are unbelievable and thoroughly unlikeable, and the plot is ridiculous.

A Croft in the Hills
A Croft in the Hills
by Katharine Stewart

4.0 out of 5 stars I do enjoy reading about rural life in a bygone era but ..., 24 April 2016
This review is from: A Croft in the Hills (Paperback)
I do enjoy reading about rural life in a bygone era but found her occasional bursts of pontificating about the inferiority of modern life grated on me.

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars these are great and varied songs sung with feeling to great instrumental ..., 28 July 2015
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
If you care about lyrics, these are great and varied songs sung with feeling to great instrumental backing.

Pohjonen: Uniko
Pohjonen: Uniko

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem, 28 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Pohjonen: Uniko (Audio CD)
I don't have the music terminology to describe adequately the compelling grip that this CD overwhelms you with. The instrumentation(?) works brilliantly. It is intense and dramatic at times, dreamy and ethereal at others. I love just lying in bed and being swept along by it.

The Zoo is Far
The Zoo is Far

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this music?, 15 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The Zoo is Far (Audio CD)
Sorry, but I have to disagree with the above comments. I don't think all music has to have a clear melody but most of the pieces on this cd are minimalistic and lack what I would call coherence. This is musical exploration and self-expression that has become self-indulgence.
I would add that I have bought several other ECM cd's that don't fall into a clear musical category and have been delighted with them all.