Profile for Captain Clegg > Reviews

Motel Hell [Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD]
Motel Hell [Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD]
Dvd ~ Rory Calhoun

4.0 out of 5 stars Motel Hell, 1 Jun. 2017
I must admit this was my first viewing of 'Motel Hell' well Motel Hello when the 'O' isn't on the blink.

And am not going to say this was the best horror film I have seen. But I didn't like the thought of being buried alive with your head above ground, this for me is horrible, especially with their voice box being removed, and the sound the victims made was disgusting. But to be honest with you nothing much shocked me after that.

I found the Blu-ray quality to be very nice, so well worth upgrading from your old DVD, and once again Arrow have given the fans some great bonus features, plus the booklet has a four page comic graphic adventure. But what I liked was the revisable sleeve.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Two Rode Together (1961) [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition
Dvd ~ James Stewart

4.0 out of 5 stars Two Rode Together, 31 May 2017
I have to agree with most of the the three star reviews on Amazon, and that "Two Rode Together" could of been so much better.

I mean you have one of the best western directors, if not the best in John Ford, plus two great actors in Stewart & Widmark and for me Richard Widmark stole the show, don't get me wrong James Stewart was a quality actor, but he just annoyed me with constant moaning and shouting all the time.

But still not a bad film to add to your western collection. Plus a great release, and the Blu-ray transfer is well worth upgrading from your old DVD.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Man Who Fell To Earth (40th Anniversary), Collector's Edition [Blu-ray] [2016]
Dvd ~ David Bowie

5.0 out of 5 stars The Man Who Fell to Earth, 15 May 2017
This Blu-ray box-set is a nice tribute to the late David Bowie, and if you are a Bowie fan or not then you must buy this box-set.

I could tell you about the plot of the film, but their are better reviews on Amazon who can tell you better than me. I would just like to give you a brief review with some photos. I have checked the picture quality, and in my opinion it looks very nice, and with the amount of content plus bonus features and CD with fourteen tracks, this box-set is worth every penny.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2017 8:34 PM BST

Hard Times (1975) [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition
Hard Times (1975) [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition
Dvd ~ Charles Bronson

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard Times, 15 May 2017
I have lost count on how many films the late Charles Bronson and his late wife Jill Ireland stared in together, they were a great team. And I have been waiting for 'Hard Times' for its Blu-ray release for sometime now, and I am very impressed with the Blu-ray and sound quality, plus you get some good bonus features, so well worth upgrading from your old DVD.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2017 6:04 AM BST

Phantasm 1-5 - Limited Edition Blu-ray Collection
Phantasm 1-5 - Limited Edition Blu-ray Collection
Dvd ~ Angus Scrimm

5.0 out of 5 stars Phantasm Box-set review, 24 April 2017
Am not going into detail of each plot per film, am just going to give you a brief review of the Blu-ray and sound quality plus a few photos.

Now I have checked all the discs and I must say all the films plus the bonus disc come with a nice transfer especially 'Phantasm RaVager' which looks pretty flawless to me. And the sound is very nice indeed.

I know this box-set is a bit expensive but for the amount of bonus features and the effort put into the box-set itself, for me its worth every penny. Their is also a nice tribute to the late Angus Scrimm, nice touch..

Am no expert when it comes to the film ratios so I would just like to give you the information written on the bottom of the box-set, it says Aspect ratio 1.78:1 / 1.85:1. The sound is in Mono / Stereo / 5.1, all films come English Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing. Hope this info helps.

Just one note the silver sphere does come out of the box, but I must admit I found it hard to balance it and take a photo.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2017 2:50 AM BST

The Witch/Crimson Peak/Maggie/The Visit/Unfriended [Blu-ray]
The Witch/Crimson Peak/Maggie/The Visit/Unfriended [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Anya Taylor-Joy

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Blu-ray Box-Set, 9 Jan. 2017
Am not going to say all the films in this box-set are good, and to be honest with you I was only going to buy "Maggie", which I thought was a brilliant film.

So when I seen this box-set for a very cheap price(on ebay for the same price, plus free postage), I couldn't resist, I mean it works out around £2.70 per film. You also get the same Bonus features per film if you brought them separately, so for me this box-set is a bargain.

Crimson Peak is the only film that comes with a DTSX 7.1 Soundtrack, plus a DTSX Headphone, the other four films come with a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Soundtrack. All in all a great box-set, which for me is worth every penny.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2017 6:12 PM BST

The Church (Numbered Edition) [Blu-ray]
The Church (Numbered Edition) [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Hugh Quarshie

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu-ray review, 4 Jan. 2017
Am not going to bore you about the plot of The Church, their are better reviews on Amazon who can tell you better than me.

This is just a brief review about the Blu-ray quality, and I have to say they have done a brilliant transfer, its not perfect but for me a solid 4/5.

You also get a 25 Minute interview with director Michele Soavi's, "Cathedral of Fear", and a reversible sleeve, plus Shamless trailer reel.

English or Italian Audio PCM 2.0, with English Subtitles, Widescreen 1:666 PAL Colour 102'

The Devonsville Terror [Blu-ray]
The Devonsville Terror [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Suzanna Love

3.0 out of 5 stars The Devonsville Terror, 4 Jan. 2017
Well after the awful DVD release which had a terrible picture, well I do believe the VHS was transferred to the DVD.

So finely we get to see the film on Blu-ray, and to be honest its not the best I have seen, but its ten times better than what we have seen before.

The sound is in 1.0 original mono, which does sound very good. You also get a seven minute interview with director Olli Lommel. But sadly you don't get any subtitles.

The Sect [Blu-ray]
The Sect [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Kelly Leigh Curtis

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sect, 3 Jan. 2017
This review is from: The Sect [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The Sect aka "The Devils Daughter" is a creepy horror which is complete and uncut. And I must admit this was my first showing and I really enjoyed the film, and the Blu-ray transfer was very good, and it gets a 3/5, plus Shameless do give you a brief insight to the restoration before the film begins.

There are three versions. No1 Longest version. No 2 English version. No 3 Italian version with 1st ever English Subtitles.

Their is a unique interview called "Beauty and Terror" with director Michele Soavi, running time 29:09 in English

Shameless Trailer Reel, Audio Stereo LPCM or Italian 5.1 Audio with English Subtitles, Widescreen 1:666. PAL Colour 117'

You also get a nice revisable sleeve.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2017 5:23 PM GMT

The Guyver [Blu-ray]
The Guyver [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Mark Hamill

5.0 out of 5 stars The Guyver Blu-ray review, 19 Dec. 2016
This review is from: The Guyver [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Well I never get bored of saying this, and that's Arrow have done a brilliant job with their production, ie revisable cover, booklet, two discs, and with this release a very nice outer card-slip, which I must admit am a big fan of.

And Arrow have done a new transfer for the director's cut, which gets a 4/5 from me, and you can watch the film with the original stereo audio or a 5.1 DTS-HD MA Master audio, which sounds crystal clear. All in all another brilliant release from Arrow
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2017 11:56 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20