Profile for Vivienne Shilling > Reviews

Singing from the Floor: A History of British Folk Clubs
Singing from the Floor: A History of British Folk Clubs
by JP Bean

4.0 out of 5 stars Took me back in time., 17 May 2014
I enjoyed reading it very much but it was also a trip down memory lane. I also found it did concentrate on London a lot and ignored a lot of what was going on further north, apart from Sheffield. I also think their needed to be a bit more clarification about individual contributors for people who weren't around during the revival.

Hedy West accompanying herself on the 5-string banjo, Hedy West, Vol. 2
Hedy West accompanying herself on the 5-string banjo, Hedy West, Vol. 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 9 April 2014
Classic Hedy West. Don't think I need to say more. If you remember her buy it and if you don't you should certainly buy it. An icon of folk music.

Italy 2014 - A4 spiral atlas (Michelin Tourist and Motoring)
Italy 2014 - A4 spiral atlas (Michelin Tourist and Motoring)
by Michelin
Edition: Spiral-bound

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I'd hoped., 9 April 2014
I didn't like the spiral binding which kept falling off and also made parts of the maps difficult to read. Ok but would not buy one again, rather I would choose the AA option.

Liguria (Bradt Travel Guides (Regional Guides))
Liguria (Bradt Travel Guides (Regional Guides))
by Rosie Whitehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good introduction to the area., 9 April 2014
I found this very useful but would have liked more detail and it did leave out some very interesting places which we found by chance. However, I would recommend it as it cannot contain everything and is good value for the money.

Fisherman's Blues
Fisherman's Blues

3.0 out of 5 stars Fisherman's Blues, 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Fisherman's Blues (Audio CD)
Like the Curates Egg but it wasn't helped by the arrangement which resulted in quite a "crash of gears" sometimes. The recording quality could also have been better.

Skin Doctors Supermoist SPF30+ Accelerator 50 ml
Skin Doctors Supermoist SPF30+ Accelerator 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Supermoist SPF, 6 Aug. 2013
Really liked using this. Easy to apply and made my face feel soft. However, for the price there isn't very much of it in the tube and have finished it all already.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Super Intense Hydrate, 6 Aug. 2013
Rather too early for any reall results to be obvious. Easy to apply but my only criticism is that it leaves my face rather sticky. Need to use it for longer in order to give it an accurate rating.

When Our Grandfathers Said No
When Our Grandfathers Said No

5.0 out of 5 stars The Youg'uns, 6 Aug. 2013
I would recommend this to old and young folkies everywhere. Very refreshing to hear these songs sung so well. Lovely harmonies and sung with such enthusiasm and passion.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Imdeen, 6 Aug. 2013
I haven't personally noticed a lot of improvement but my husband says my skin has looked much better since taking it. However, it is only early days as I haven't used it for three months yet. So far so good.

Coal Bucket & Match Box Set. Slate Colour
Coal Bucket & Match Box Set. Slate Colour

1.0 out of 5 stars I did not receive all of my order - only the coal bucket arrived., 6 Feb. 2013
Only part of the order arrived and the wooden handle on the bucket is damaged. There is no information available to telephone for the rest of the order. However, it arrived on 4th Feb. which was the deadline. Would not purchase from this company again.