1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars
Good game and great multiplayer action!!, 13 Dec. 2012
• Multiplayer maps are far better than that of the previous game
• The variety of different game modes and options on multiplayer; including what seems like an endless amount of upgrading and tweaking of your equipment)
• League play is an interesting twist and gives you more of a level playing field
• Tranzit (zombie map) seems to be well thought out and a good laugh to play with friends. It may seem a bit strange at first but once you have read a view hints and tips it really starts to evolve as a standalone to the game itself (maybe that is something for the future Treyarch!!)
• Nuke Town (with a makeover) remains a favourite for me
• Campaign mode, although I have only played half of it (I brought the game for multiplayer action) I thought it was much better than that of the first game even if the story line is slightly confusing
Dislikes (the reason I scored it a 4 and not a 5):
• The gun’s! They are not fantastic although you can upgrade them to your heart’s content with the seemingly infinite upgrade options available to you
• I may have just grown accustomed to Kino der toten from the first game but, I think the zombie maps available (other than Tranzit) are a little confined and almost an afterthought.
• Fire!!! Who had the grand idea to put fire in the zombie map’s, it is more pertinent on the “Town” and “Farm” maps and quite frankly is blo*dy annoying. It is almost impossible to avoid (unless you jump just at the right point) and it counts as a hit so you only need one more from a zombie and that’s you down and out! The only saving grace is the fast paced multifaceted ‘Tranzit’ mode, which allows you to travel between 4 maps on a single decker bus of all things.
Black Ops II (minor flaws aside) is a fantastic game and I would recommend it to anyone who was a fan of the first COD Black Ops game. It may not be perfect or everything I was asking for in a sequel but it provides hours and hours of fun , which for me is exactly what I brought the game for in the first place!