Profile for greeneyes > Reviews

The Invitation
The Invitation
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Creepy but brilliant!, 14 Aug. 2017
This review is from: The Invitation (Amazon Video)
This film is a bit slow to get going and the skill of the director ensures that the viewer is sent down a few blind alleys, however the pace starts picking up halfway through, when the tension is ramped up. Logan Marshall-Green's performance as the paranoid and potentially manic Will, really makes this film. The brilliance of the direction and Green's performance means that the viewer is in the same position as Will, both attempting to decipher what is going on, as the situation becomes more sinister. A brilliant slow burn of a chiller that's worth seeing through to the end.

Table 19
Table 19
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars ... usually find Anna Kendrick a bit grating but I loved this! It isn't the best rom com I've ..., 14 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Table 19 (Amazon Video)
I usually find Anna Kendrick a bit grating but I loved this! It isn't the best rom com I've ever seen but it was funny, endearing and heartwarming, with some stand out performances, topped off with a superb 80s inspired soundtrack. I'd just watched a really depressing and bleak film and needed something lighthearted and funny to lift my mood and this did the trick. Definitely worth a watch.

MUA MAKE UP ACADEMY LIPSTICK SHADE 14 -NUDE BARE NAKED -3.8g
MUA MAKE UP ACADEMY LIPSTICK SHADE 14 -NUDE BARE NAKED -3.8g
Offered by UKSELLINGSPOT14

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous lipstick!, 13 Jan. 2017
It was the first time that I had bought a lipstick in a Nude shade and I wasn't sure if it would suit me but this is a gorgeous shade and it looks great. Glides on really well too and is long lasting.

Revlon Brow Fantasy (Light Brown)
Revlon Brow Fantasy (Light Brown)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product - a waste of money!, 1 Oct. 2016
I had to chuck this in the bin after using it just once. I ended up with Brown marks all over my face from the gel part and you have to press the pencil really hard and even then, it doesn't really do anything. Very disappointed!

Nine X - Sexy Satin / Lace Babydoll 10 - 24, S - 6XL Lingerie, 6 Colours Pink M n
Offered by Ninex

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item and prompt delivery!, 24 Feb. 2015
I ordered this in Pink and it arrived extremely quickly. It's a perfect fit and looks great on. Really pleased with both the item and the service!

Honeywell 1030611 Howard Leight Individually Wrapped Laser-Lite Single Use Uncorded Earplug, SNR 35 (Box of 200 Pairs)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 5 Jun. 2014
Yet another noise sufferer on the verge of a Falling Down-esque meltdown here! I also live in a flat - I think that flat dwellers should be the target market - and have had my sanity compromised by constant drilling and hammering coming from the flat below which is being refurbished. To my delight, not only did these little beauties arrive the day after I ordered them, they work an absolute treat! Don't be fooled by their soft, squishy appearance, as once placed in the ear, they expand beautifully and block out any hellish din. Sanity intact. Excellent stuff!

The Purge [DVD] [2013]
The Purge [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Lena Headey
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Purge [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I've just finished watching this and I'm full of praise for it. When I read the premise, I was worried that the film would just play out as a shoot em up blood fest, with no real character development or build up of tension. I needn't have worried though, as this film has tension and suspense in spades. The fact that the film is set in the not too distant future, adds to the frightening prospect that what befalls the characters in the film, could certainly happen in real life. The characters are forced to make ethical choices we hope that we ourselves will never have to make and I definitely found myself wondering what I would do in that situation. The acting from Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey is superb and even though it took me a while to warm to their characters, I I was rooting for them all the way. With a strong storyline, excellent acting and superb direction, this film offers a chilling imagining of a very possible future. I just hope for all our sakes that it doesn't become a reality.

Prince NY London Rose Gold Crystal Set Bezel & Bracelet Strap Ladies Watch PI-7060

1.0 out of 5 stars A Terrible Disappointment!, 2 Jan. 2014
This watch is visually striking and gorgeous to look at but unfortunately, all that glitters definitely isn't gold in this case. The colour started to fade after only three days' wear and I was left with an unsightly, thick green mark on my wrist, which resembles a nasty bruise. Most disappointing!

Black Swan (DVD + Digital Copy) (2010)
Black Swan (DVD + Digital Copy) (2010)
Dvd ~ Natalie Portman
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmissable!, 2 Nov. 2013
I'm always a little wary of films which have received a lot of hype and this one was no exception. So many of my friends enthused about it and urged me to watch it, so I finally gave in and decided to find out for myself if it really deserved all the praise and plaudits. I have to say that this film more than exceeded my expectations and they were very high! Natalie Portman is always watchable anyway but her performance as the ambitious ballet dancer Nina, who is becoming increasingly unhinged, is outstanding. Watching her character unravel, I went through so many different emotions, I was positively wrung out at the end. I think that my heart fractured slightly, watching everything her character goes through. The performances of the main leads are all exceptional, in particular, Barbara Hershey, who gives an emotionally taut performance as Nina's mother. The choreography is amazing and the ballet scenes are mesmerizing. All in all, I would say that this film comes as close to perfection as any film possibly could. It's haunting, chilling, disturbing, offbeat and brilliant!

Stag Night [DVD] [2008]
Stag Night [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Breckin Meyer

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this stag do at all costs!, 2 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Stag Night [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I expected this to be very similar to "Creep", which is a great film but was left feeling very disappointed. The acting wasn't very good, scenes which should have been scary were actually quite laughable and there was little suspense. The character development was non existent, which meant that I didn't really care what happened to them. I stopped watching halfway through, it was just so bad. I just wish I hadn't wasted my money on it.

Page: 1 | 2