Profile for FrequentBuyer > Reviews

FrequentBuyer (United Kingdom)

Glide From Crest Dental Floss Unflavoured 50m
Glide From Crest Dental Floss Unflavoured 50m

5.0 out of 5 stars Very little to say other than... Brilliant!, 5 April 2014
I will keep this short. I avoided flossing as it always broke or wouldn't comfortably slide between some of my teeth. More than anything I just got frustrated.

Those days are gone. This Glide floss from Crest is the ultimate floss. It effortlessly 'glides' between all my teeth and makes flossing a 30 second exercise. I really can't recommend it more highly. If you are a frustrated flosser, stop, buy this, you will never think about it again - it just works.

Taylors of Harrogate Hot Lava Java Extreme Roast Ground Coffee 227g (Pack of 3)
Taylors of Harrogate Hot Lava Java Extreme Roast Ground Coffee 227g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great black, strong coffee, 7 Feb. 2014
Whilst I was a little put off by the extra strong caffeine content initially (as this was not a particular draw for me) I shouldn't have been. Whilst it is strong coffee it is by no means overpowering. Rich, dark, bittersweet with a light smokiness and a lovely almost fruity tang. I drink a couple of cups of coffee a day so not huge amounts but since buying this I hardly ever touch the Brasilia, Lazy Sunday varieties anymore. I really enjoy this coffee, makes a perfect americano using an AeroPress. Haven't had a proper espresso with it but imagine it would be equally as satisfying. At £9 for three bags its a complete bargain.

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 1000 One-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies)

4.0 out of 5 stars Definately worth £30, 7 Feb. 2014
I bought this toothbrush for £30 from Amazon and it does exactly what it says in the description; times for 2mins brushing (30 secs per qtr). flashes bright red if pressure too hard. Charges reasonably well and keeps charge for around a week (flashes bright green as charging so a little distracting if by bedside at night). Has been used now for a couple of months and no change in performance.

Would recommend.

Update (December 2014)
Brush is still working fine but battery life has probably almost halved in just under a year. Whereas previously it would easily go a week without needing to recharge it now needs to recharge after about 4/5 days. If the battery continues to deteriorate at this pace (which it may not) I will probably be looking to replace within 3 years. Equivalent cost of £10 per year of use still isn't bad - four stars.

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Offered by TKC Sales Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee maker and portable too!, 31 Oct. 2013
Very easy to use. Makes great short or long coffees for one or two people (topping up with extra hot water post-press). Very light and easy to take with you on holidays/weekends away. Also, very easy to clean - grouts just pop out in a disc-like shape and with very little moisture remaining (i.e. they don't create coffee sludge in the bin like the cafetiere remnants might). Would highly recommend.

Casio FX-83GTPLUS Scientific Calculator
Casio FX-83GTPLUS Scientific Calculator
Offered by love Office Stuffs (VAT Reg.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Very simple to use - Don't be afraid, 31 Oct. 2013
I was a little unsure at first about purchasing this calculator on the basis that I was used to using my 15 year old Casio from school which did not present answers in fractions or have a navigation pad. However, the old calculator died and I was in need of a new one to sit finance exams. On the basis I really didn't know whether there were better ones out there I bit the bullet and ordered. It arrived in days and, having spent the past few weeks using it, I can honestly say I am chuffed to bits with it. Yes, answers are presented as fractions but it is one simple button to toggle to decimal - easy! All the functions such as powers, percentages, brackets etc are dead easy to find and get used to and the navigation pad is brilliant. It really easily allows you to correct mistakes you may have made along the way in a calculation (even after requesting the answer), just navigate to the incorrect entry (as shown above the answer) and Del and enter the correct one (i.e. change decimal place or change a power function etc.). Really easy to use and an excellent improvement on the old calculator I loved.

77mm HOYA PRO1 Digital Filter Circular Polarizer PL DMC Filter
77mm HOYA PRO1 Digital Filter Circular Polarizer PL DMC Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoya 77mm PRO1 Digital Circular PL Filter, 26 Feb. 2012
Item arrived exactly as described, in secure and sealed packaging and was delivered within a week of purchasing. It is a great filter and can really provide that extra wow factor to scenic/landscape photography when used appropriately. No signs of vignetting either. On bright days it is particularly good at bringing out the colours of vegetation and varying depths of blue in the sky, not to mention the detail and texture in any cloud cover which would otherwise be completely undetected. It is easy to attach and remove and very easy to rotate once attached, so you can vary the polarising effect. It fits my Tokina 11mm - 16mm wide angle lens perfectly and also all my 67mm lenses when using a 77mm to 67mm step-down ring (well worth investing in). It is a significant amount of money but it is not expensive when compared to other outlets and the quality is great and, if you purchase step-down rings for your other lenses, could be the only polarising filter you ever need to buy. Think of the difference in colour and texture experienced on landscape photos taken at dawn and dusk from those taken in the harsh light of midday - much richer colours and much more texture with low angle light. Well, this filter allows you to photograph during midday sun and capture much more texture and depth of colour than you would otherwise be able to. A must for the kit bag.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2012 5:32 PM BST

77mm TO 67mm STEP DOWN RING
77mm TO 67mm STEP DOWN RING
Offered by Crooked Imaging

4.0 out of 5 stars High Qaulity 77mm TO 67mm STEP DOWN RING, 26 Feb. 2012
Good quality product, as described and arrived within a week of ordering. The ring is solid metal with good quality screw-thread for both lens and filter. Fits my 67mm lenses well and allows me to use my 67mm Hoya polarising filter on my 77mm wide-angle lens and all of my 67mm lenses without having to fork out on more filters (which are very expensive).
It is definitely durable as I have stupidly dropped it a couple of times and it has remained largely undamaged (minor scratches now). The only reason I give the product 4 stars, as opposed to 5, is because it can be difficult to remove from the lens if you slightly over-tighten it or if you leave it on the lens when your camera or lens is out of use. Despite it having small ridges on the outer rim these provide very little purchase once it has become stuck. The trick is not to over-tighten and to remove the ring when not in use (simple, I know). For the price I believe this step-down ring is good value and worth purchasing to save needlessly spending on more filters.

MINKY DELUXE FELT PAD IRONING BOARD UNDERLAY IRON - 125cm x 45cm
MINKY DELUXE FELT PAD IRONING BOARD UNDERLAY IRON - 125cm x 45cm
Offered by Homecare Essentials Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars MINKY FELT PAD IRONING BOARD UNDERLAY IRON - 122cm x 39cm, 26 Feb. 2012
Item came as described and within a week of ordering. As mentioned by some previous reviewers the pad comes in a rectangular shape (as described) and so has to be cut to match the shape of the ironing board. This is very easy with a pair of scissors and the board placed upside down on the felt. Just ensure you have left a couple of inches overlap to tuck under the board or you might find the mat slipping and exposing the frame under the cover.
I have been using this for a few months now and it is still working well (no deterioration). The felt may not be the best quality out there (as suggested by some) but it is certainly adequate for its use and is good value for the price, hence the 5 stars.

Theia Palladium 950 Super Heavy - Court shape 5mm Wedding Ring - Size T
Theia Palladium 950 Super Heavy - Court shape 5mm Wedding Ring - Size T

5.0 out of 5 stars Palladium Wedding Ring, Heavy Weight Court Shape, 5mm Band Width, 26 Feb. 2012
Extremely pleased with this purchase. After much deliberation as to whether I should be buying my wedding ring from Amazon or not I bit the bullet and thought why not try and see. I am very, very happy I did. Not only is the ring exactly as described and identical to those I was looking at in all the high street stores it was, on average, roughly 150 pounds less expensive which, when saving for a wedding, helps enormously! The ring was dispatched quickly and I received it within a week of ordering. The box is pretty bland/standard so if you are looking for a nice box for photos I would recommend using a different box (or at least not expecting a fancy one with this order). Quality of the ring is great, no scratches, smooth polished finish, exact shape and size as in the stores. I can't fault the product, price or service so I have given 5 stars.

Silentnight Waterproof Mattress Protector, King
Silentnight Waterproof Mattress Protector, King

4.0 out of 5 stars Silentnight King Size Waterproof Mattress Protector, 3 Jan. 2012
Is exactly as described and works. It is fairly basic with a plastic finish which can make some noise but for the price it is good value and is fully waterproof.