Profile for LikkleNitty > Reviews

Content by LikkleNitty

LikkleNitty (London, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Gum Shield ADULT Single- CLEAR - With Carry Case [Misc.]
Gum Shield ADULT Single- CLEAR - With Carry Case [Misc.]
Offered by Aasta Sports

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for sleeping with, 3 Jun. 2016
I use these for my night time teeth grinding. Very effective.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've bought these over the course of 2/3 years.

1st batch were perfect, thin enough to wear in bed.

2nd batch weren't great as they were actual boxing guards, which meant that the front bit was very thick and too uncomfortable for bed, and pushed my lips apart which meant I drooled everywhere...

This 3rd batch, same as the 1st batch, perfect, light, easy to mould in boiling water, and comfortable.

The Grand Hotel: A Novel
The Grand Hotel: A Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but a bit too expensive, 3 Jun. 2016
A group of tourists arrive at a mysterious hotel and are persuaded to attend a tour of the hotel by the enigmatic front desk man. Their tour involved visiting several of the long term residents of the hotel. At each stop, the hotel residents tell the tour group a short story about a weird incident in their lives.

Very easy reading, well-written (with only a handful of immaterial typos) and fairly entertaining.

I quite enjoyed this book (it was discounted to £1.99 for a few days) and managed to get through it in 2 sittings, but I would not have paid £9.59 for it! I would definitely read more of Kenemore's books if they weren't so expensive.

Cats Play Magic Glove Teasers Kittens Mitt Mitten with Pom Pom Balls (blue)
Cats Play Magic Glove Teasers Kittens Mitt Mitten with Pom Pom Balls (blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Halloween, 5 Nov. 2015
This is probably the most frightening looking glove I've ever seen.. This is what happens if you cross Freddy Krueger with Pennywise the clown.

Also associating kitty play with your hands? Genius. Your tiny kitty will eventually grow up and grow these huge, razor sharp claws, and when it wants to play, what's it going to remember to attack?! That's right - your psycho clown hands!

Pure Evil
Pure Evil

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and simple, 4 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Pure Evil (Kindle Edition)
Nice idea, well written and kept my interest, but it had a somewhat convenient plot-line [slight spoiler alert?]: a kid who grows up too quickly because of a family tragedy, blablabla, encounters a "demon", but luckily, he has special powers and is guided by his uncle on how to use them, etc. etc. .. Chuck in some random child murders... something explodes.. and the end.

Division of the Marked (The Marked Series Book 1)
Division of the Marked (The Marked Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad it's not another Harry Potter!, 13 Feb. 2015
At first, I was tempted to give up as the story read too much like another Harry Potter money spinner, i.e. a bunch of kids being trained to have special abilities and 'gifts'.

BUT, I'm very glad I read this to the end. It is a very enjoyable and captivating story, much like a cool version of CSI with combat. Loved it.

Looking forward to 'Elevation of the marked'.

USB Mini Desktop Power PC Laptop Fan Desk Table MAC by BuyinCoins
USB Mini Desktop Power PC Laptop Fan Desk Table MAC by BuyinCoins
Offered by DDLBusiness

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver!, 20 May 2014
Some people are weird, and love to sit in a hot sticky office and turn off the air conditioning so everyone else suffers. If you have one of these inconsiderate fools in your office, get one of these babies!

I love it when it's cold, which is why I have my little life-saver, endearingly named Fanny, to keep me cool all year around.

You can still feel a breeze up to about 60cm away from the fan. Strongest at about 30 to 40cms away. Very lightweight, portable and good for sticking up close to your face.

Sadly, after about 4 months of use, one leg has snapped. I've fixed it with some cellotape. Still works like a dream :)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2014 1:44 PM BST

Silver Plated Picture Photo Frame 6" x 8"
Silver Plated Picture Photo Frame 6" x 8"
Offered by Layla's Bargains

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 20 May 2014
Arrived intact, easy to get your photo in, feels quite heavy and stable on its leg. Would buy another one.

The Colony
The Colony

3.0 out of 5 stars Dragged out, 20 May 2014
This review is from: The Colony (Kindle Edition)
The video clip at the beginning with the apparition was quite creepy. However, after this point I thought it went downhill.

All the characters were unbelievably good-looking (because they're mostly TV personailities or multi-billionaires), with their own slight flaws and reasons why they couldn't find love, there's typos everywhere, and I'd say an entire 2/3s of the book was composed of internal monologue and stuff that does not relate to the story.. I found myself skim reading through pages and pages of random chatter just to find a bit of action.

Nothing much happens up to about 70% of the book. The backstory (if you last that long) was ok. People on an island go missing, aliens, voodoo, ghosts, big scary monsters, bits of teeth, group of beautiful people go to find out the truth; basically as many themes mashed together as possible. I also could not believe that the words, "Bad Ju Ju" were used in this book. I laughed out loud - such a phrase should not be anywhere near a novel which is trying to be serious.

There were also a few points where there was a "secret" thought/insight which was revealed to the reader by a character (say his name is Pete and Pete cannot resist doughnuts) by internal monologue, which in theory no other character would know about. But a few pages on, another character (for example Paul) would ridicule Peter about this secret. Paul would laugh at Pete about Pete's inability to resist those jammy doughnutty treats, whereas earlier on, NOONE knew about Pete's obsession with doughnuts.

The resolution to the problem was also amazingly simple! I think it could've done with a few more twists and turns and less chat.

I finished reading it only because I had paid for it.

Nailed (A Ron Ketchum Mystery Book 1)
Nailed (A Ron Ketchum Mystery Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lions eating rich folks. That's just how Flynn rolls., 22 Oct. 2013
What a fantastic read. You don't usually get good quality stuff for free, so I was pleasantly surprised when I picked this up. Thanks Joseph Flynn!

The story's central theme was racism. The author raises many valid points and different POVs for the reader to digest. There's a slightly preachy undertone to it and it becomes a little repetitive after a while. However, there's murder, retribution, revenge, blood, FBI, people running about with guns and a freakin' MOUNTAIN LION eating rich folk. Are you sold?

The back stories like the history of the town and the Chief's past were brilliant and added an extra dimension to the book. I also really liked how there were so many possible suspects; I couldn't guess who it was until very near the end. I dislike stories that are obvious and the baddie can be easily guessed, but very little chance with this!

The characters were actually quite interesting, likeable and 90% believable. The romantic storyline wasn't obscenely "sexed-up" or squishy, lovey-dovey. The only person that I found slightly grating was Mayor Clay. Clay is your typical retired Hollywood A-Lister who makes his fortune and goes off to live the high-life out in the sticks near a beautiful lake. He ends up being the control freak of the town and molly coddling everyone! Man needs to keep his fingers out of all the pies.

It wasn't love at first read though, as I found the start a little confusing. In the first chapter, the over use of the main characters' job descriptions was slightly jarring, especially when you're not familiar with who's who in terms of names and titles. I initially thought Ron was the Deputy Chief and Oliver was the Chief and ended up having to reread the first few paragraphs again.

However, I loved the writing style and really enjoyed the story. I'll definitely get the next book - thanks Mr Flynn, you have a new fan!

The Second Ghost Story Megapack
The Second Ghost Story Megapack

3.0 out of 5 stars Have read many of these before, 11 Oct. 2013
I quite like these megapacks, but unfortunately I've read most of them before in other packs.

Of the ones that I haven't read, they weren't particularly scary or chilling and none stick in my mind like a good story normally would.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7