Profile for S. A. Broadhurst > Reviews

Content by S. A. Broadhurst

S. A. Broadhurst "SBroadhurst" (Worcester, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
A Place Called Winter
A Place Called Winter
by Patrick Gale

4.0 out of 5 stars I was disappointed to find that it was a change in style, 23 Mar. 2015
This review is from: A Place Called Winter (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a fan of Patrick Gale's books and I was looking forward to it immensely. I was disappointed to find that it was a change in style, however i still enjoyed it although I found the subject content to be a little harrowing,It was set in a Canadian mental asylum and the inmates subjected to a number of unorthodox torture techniques which they hoped would cure the patients. The story also has a base in London.
It was however a good story and I believe that part of it was taken from some of the author's own family history.

QuickBooks Online Simple Start, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)
QuickBooks Online Simple Start, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a non book keeping trained book keeper, 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great for a non book keeping trained book keeper.
Before I start this review, I must admit that I am a qualified book keeper. I have used a range of accounting packages and I must admit that there are other packages on the market that I would, personally, prefer to use.
This package is ok, I am currently using it for a football club's accounts and is great for generating invoices and marking monies received. However I am not using for it bank reconcilliations and payments made.
There are great wizards within the package which quickly enabled me to generate a proforma invoice, which included the club's badge and to set up recurring entries for monthly subscriptions, weekly pitch hire and occassional fines. I was able to easily produce a list of debtors, telling me who owed me what aivt any given time.

The Shepherd's Life: A Tale of the Lake District
The Shepherd's Life: A Tale of the Lake District
by James Rebanks

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book - it is an honet, 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I loved this book - it is an honet, descriptive and enjoyable read that I lost myself in over a weekend. It loved reading about all the family history and the change in farming life and technique. A great read for anyone who loves true life accounts set in the beautiful surroundings of the Lake District.

Dettol Anti-Bacterial Surface Cleanser 750 ml - Original, Pack of 3
Dettol Anti-Bacterial Surface Cleanser 750 ml - Original, Pack of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product with many uses, 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I think of cleaning products, Dettol is one of, if not the, first name I think of. This is a great product with many uses. It is in a great dispenser - the spray is very sturdy and does not break easily, unlike some of its cheaper competitors. The scent is ok although I must admit I do prefer the original scent free version if pushed.
It has been used throughout the house and nothing has beaten this spray!

Igenix IG347FF Under Counter Fridge Freezer, 47 cm
Igenix IG347FF Under Counter Fridge Freezer, 47 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, compact design but beware of top freezer hinge!, 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good size for 1-2 people or as a second fridge - possibly drinks fridge . It states it is an under counter fridge freezer however it was unable to fit under our counter due to the freezer hinge which is on the top right hand corner (as you look at it) which made it impossible to go under.
I also agree with the other reviewers that there was minimal polystyrene packaging protecting the unit when delivered.
It is a quiet fridge and a has useful door shelves which are of useful size.
In summary a good, compact fridge and freezer however beware the top freezer door hinge when checking sizing

Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain - Parisian Passion
Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain - Parisian Passion

3.0 out of 5 stars Great intense colour, 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great intense colour, however the product easily gets on your teeth! It is a shame because the actual product is lovely. Love the shape and design of the product, it is square, which fits easier into make up bags I find and easy to identify within a crowded bag.

The A to Z of You and Me
The A to Z of You and Me
by James Hannah

5.0 out of 5 stars However I really can not recommend this book highly enough, 13 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book sounds quite strange, a patient in a hospice, who's carer has suggested he plays the A to Z game - an alphabetical journey through parts of the body and he reminisces memories that relate to distract him from his demise. However I really can not recommend this book highly enough! I laughed, I cried, I went through so many emotions were felt during the book.

A Place for Us
A Place for Us
by Harriet Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book - it is a really family saga, 13 Jan. 2015
This review is from: A Place for Us (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I loved this book - it is a really family saga. I lost myself in their story and enjoyed my time reading about their lives. The story was initially released in four parts but is now released as a novel. It is split into two time frames but I really enjoy these sort of books, coupled with the fantastic family characters and I think this will be a popular choice of book.

Escape Fitness Grip R Soft Weighted Bag - Green, 4 kg
Escape Fitness Grip R Soft Weighted Bag - Green, 4 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars I have not seen anything like this before but it is very practical and can ..., 13 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have not seen anything like this before but it is very practical and can be used in a number of different ways. My children enjoy using it too and have practiced catching with it and throwing (small distances). They also use it instead of dumb bells - which I found they could not grip very well but this is a lot easier for them to hold. Easy to store too and won't get tripped over or dropped onto your toes and cause injury. The bag is very strong and will last a long time

Always Discreet Small Incontinence Pads - Pack of 120
Always Discreet Small Incontinence Pads - Pack of 120

5.0 out of 5 stars I must admit I have always used the Always brand - they are comfortable, discreet and absorbent - and these are the ..., 13 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
How to write a review for pads??? I must admit I have always used the Always brand - they are comfortable, discreet and absorbent - and these are the first incontinence pads I have used during a particular bad cough and cold where my pelvic floor was not at its best! They are thin and definitely discreet. They are comfortable to use and do not show through clothes. The small ones were fine for me and suitable for both day and night time use.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30