Profile for S. A. Broadhurst > Reviews

Content by S. A. Broadhurst

S. A. Broadhurst "SBroadhurst" (Worcester, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Private Blog of Joe Cowley: Return of the Geek
The Private Blog of Joe Cowley: Return of the Geek
by Ben Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars ... book by Ben Davis - the first was a great read and a huge sucess with my eleven year ..., 25 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the second book by Ben Davis - the first was a great read and a huge sucess with my eleven year old son. It is funny, clever and perfect for boys aged 11+. It is perfect for fans of Tom Gates and The WImpy Kid and I think actually at the next level of literacy, less cartoons, more words, but still full of great humour.
I think Ben Davis has a huge hit on his hands with Joe Cowley!

The Time in Between: A Memoir of Hunger and Hope
The Time in Between: A Memoir of Hunger and Hope
by Nancy Tucker

5.0 out of 5 stars of what the thought process is for a person with an eating disorder - I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to understand mo, 25 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this book such an eye opener. I have read many women's magazines with interviews or articles about people who have suffered with an eating disorder but this one is so honest and raw that I, at times, found it uncomfortable to continue with, but at the same time, I had to continue to follow Nancy's journey. I found it honest and frank and it helped me to understand, a little bit, of what the thought process is for a person with an eating disorder - I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to understand more about these cruel illnesses.

The Island Escape
The Island Escape
by Kerry Fisher

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic Chick Lit read which is perfect summer holiday escapism, 25 May 2015
This review is from: The Island Escape (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A fantastic Chick Lit read which is perfect summer holiday escapism! Kerry Fisher is a fantastic author and has a great writing style, with a hint of humour, but with a strong storyline throughout. The two main characters, Octavia and Roberta, along with their husbands, Jonathan and Scott feature throughout the book and it is one couples breakup that leads to the other taking stock of what they have and do not want to lose. I think it will make many readers look at their own lives and realise what they have. It is one of those books that enable the reader to get lost for a few chapters and then pick it back up a few hours later.

Adventures in Minecraft
Adventures in Minecraft
by David Whale

5.0 out of 5 stars My son is 11 and he uses this book regularly ..., 25 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My son is 11 and he uses this book regularly. It is child orientated and he is able to follow the tutorials through and see the results. We have not bought any of the additional kit (yet) but he is able to do all he needs. A must for any computer geek who loves Minecraft!!

The Dish
The Dish
by Stella Newman

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed Stella Newman’s debut novel, 25 May 2015
This review is from: The Dish (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really enjoyed Stella Newman’s debut novel, Pear Shaped, and have been looking forward to reading another of her books since. I have not been disappointed either. Although this book is a classic boy meets girl romance, with a bit of a breakdown, the story kept me entertained one Sunday afternoon. I liked that some of the story was told via email correspondence which brought in office colleagues, some fantastic characters were introduced and I think there are some great characters for future books in there!
Newman is a great humorous author and I definitely recommend this author to all!

His Other Life
His Other Life
by Beth Thomas

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book, 25 May 2015
This review is from: His Other Life (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I enjoyed this book. It is one of those novels where, as the reader, you are discovering alongside the main character that what she thought her life and partner were, were in fact not as it seemed. Grace, the main character, is trying to find out why her partner, Adam, has disappeared and as she looks further into his life, she realises that she never really knew him.
The book kept me interested to the very last page. I laughed, I empathized and I felt sorry for Grace throughout this book but it also felt real. I hope neither myself, or any of my friends or colleagues, go through what Grace does

Lost & Found
Lost & Found
by Brooke Davis

4.0 out of 5 stars Breath of fresh air on the publishing market, 27 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Lost & Found (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this book It was something different to the books currently on the market. A book which was concerning death but the author managed to add her quirkiness and humour and made it a great read, Looking forward to more from this author

The Life I Left Behind
The Life I Left Behind
by Colette Mcbeth

3.0 out of 5 stars easy to follow but I was not enthralleud by it, 23 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Life I Left Behind (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A story told by many voices,easy to follow but I was not enthralleud by it. It was a who done it with a twist at the end which I didn't see coming but it didn't leave me satisfied.

Holy Cow
Holy Cow
by David Duchovny

2.0 out of 5 stars ... my kind of read - I thought it looked fun but just did not enjoy one word, 23 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Holy Cow (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not my kind of read - I thought it looked fun but just did not enjoy one word. Sorry

The Altogether Unexpected Disappearance of Atticus Craftsman
The Altogether Unexpected Disappearance of Atticus Craftsman
by Mamen Sanchez

4.0 out of 5 stars This was a good read but I don't think I could easily 'pitch' ..., 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was a good read but I don't think I could easily 'pitch' the book to another reader. It is a unique book which I think many will enjoy. There is much to-ing and fro-ing between characters and history and the odd few great authors and character also make cameo appearances which were most enjoyable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20