Profile for Della Galton > Reviews

Content by Della Galton

Della Galton "Gemma" (Swindon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Clairevoire Digital Piano Cover [Pearl White] for 88 keys keyboard | Fits Yamaha P115 / P105 / P85 / P45 | Casio / PX150 / PX160 / PX360 / PX560 / PXA100 / PX 5S / CDP130 / CDP230
Offered by Clairevoire UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and looks great too, 23 May 2017
I agree with the other reviewers. This is a lovely product. I'm very glad I bought it. Does the job and looks great too.

Guinness World Records Blockbusters 2017
Guinness World Records Blockbusters 2017
by Guinness World Records

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Book for an 8 year old!, 24 April 2017
I bought this for my friend's little boy (Jack's eight) because he's into the movies and he's barely put it down. He loves all the YouTube and social media records. It's the perfect Guinness World Records book for young readers who are obsessed with pop culture.

Teach Yourself Creative Writing New Edition (TY Creative Writing)
Teach Yourself Creative Writing New Edition (TY Creative Writing)
by Dianne Doubtfire

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book that started my writing career, 4 April 2017
This is the book that started my writing career. And I've been making a full time living now for 17 years and getting published for 30. Thank you, Dianne Doubtfire. And thank you Ian Burton for updating it.

Della says: OMG!
Della says: OMG!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Della says thank you., 31 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Della says: OMG! (Kindle Edition)
I've just finished this. Superb. I'm not a young adult - so not the target reader, but I couldn't resist, as I have the same name as the main character and there aren't many of us about. I have never read a book where a "Della" character is is actually nice! Thank you Keris. Your Della was so lovely. So warm and funny and insecure and just great. A beautiful coming of age story. Sensitively handled. Really pacey. It was my bedtime reading but not for long as it was so engaging I soon finished it. Thank you.

Cane Elephant
Cane Elephant

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping. I read this in one sitting., 9 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Cane Elephant (Kindle Edition)
I was hooked from the very first line. This is a sci fi novella with heart. Not my usual kind of read at all but i really liked Adele or whoever she really is, no spoilers, and I had to know what had happened to her. Some absolutely beautiful writing too.
Well done, Janine. This was worth waiting for.
I just wish it had been longer. Thank you for writing it.

Dolgun
Dolgun
by Alexander Dolgun

5.0 out of 5 stars I think this ranks as the best book I've ever read and I've read thousands., 9 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Dolgun (Paperback)
Interestingly, like another of the reviewers I first read this book many years ago. I read hundreds of books all the time, it's my job, but this stayed with me. Recently I saw it for sale in a charity shop and I bought it to read again, my original having long since vanished. It was just as vibrant, just as haunting, just as inspiring. It ranks as one of the best books I have ever read. Yes, it's about brutality and and politics and injustice but it's mostly about the unbreakable human spirit. Absolutely beautiful writing. Totally gripping. I don't quite know how the author did it but each time I've read it I was left feeling profoundly moved and inspired. Fantastic.

Sweet Poison
Sweet Poison

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, 7 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Sweet Poison (Kindle Edition)
Well, that explains a lot! Accessible. Written with intelligence and humour. It's not often a factual,book is unputdownable.
Thank you.

Sins of the Past
Sins of the Past

4.0 out of 5 stars Cosy crime for a cosy winter's evening, 8 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Sins of the Past (Kindle Edition)
If you like cosy crime, Sins of the Past is the perfect novel for snuggling up with on a winter's evening. I loved Miss Windle blackmailer turned blackmailer catcher. And the rest of the characters in the village sprung into life for me too. It kept me intrigued to the last page. A fun cosy crime read

The Success Principles(TM)
The Success Principles(TM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 1 Feb. 2016
At the very least reading this book will inspire you. It can change your life if you put any of the principles into action, it has helped me through some very dark days. Thanks jack.

Apple Tree Yard
Apple Tree Yard

5.0 out of 5 stars Now that's what I call a page turner, 30 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Apple Tree Yard (Kindle Edition)
I stayed up all night to read this novel. That's what I call a page turner. So brilliant. I have no idea why other reviewers think it's an unlikely scenario. People do the oddest things for love. For me, it was utterly believable. And I am the same age as the central character. Doughty's foreshadowing of what is to come is superb. Usually this type of device would irritate me but it didn't. Just goes to prove you can break all the rules if you do it skilfully enough. A brave novel. Can't praise it highly enough.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4