Profile for Sam > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Pure Contour D1 Dock with DAB/FM Radio and Bluetooth for iPod/iPhone/iPad
Pure Contour D1 Dock with DAB/FM Radio and Bluetooth for iPod/iPhone/iPad

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - great sound and functionality, 26 Jan. 2015
So much so I bought two of these (on sale). Suit a small to medium sized bedroom or kitchen/diner. You won't get really amazing hi-fi sound out of this, but the sound you do get is excellent considering the size and price of this little unit.
Features are excellent, and the interchangeable dock is a valuable feature for those with 30 pin and lightning Apple devices. This suits iPhones, iPods & iPads.
Build quality is also excellent.
My favourite surprise feature is that there's a magnetic slot on the back where you can store the remote control if you want.

Makita LCT 204 2 x 1.3Ah 10.8v Cordless Drill Plus Impact Driver  - Blue
Makita LCT 204 2 x 1.3Ah 10.8v Cordless Drill Plus Impact Driver - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 26 Jan. 2015
The power and versatility of this duo is amazing. Great products with excellent quality and feel.

NETGEAR R7500-100UKS R7500 Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Wireless Quad Stream Gigabit Cable Router, 1.4 GHz Dual Core, Dynamic QoS, Twin USB 3.0 and eSATA Ports, Beamforming+, IPv6 Support

3.0 out of 5 stars Potentially good for wireless only networks, not so good for complex/mixed wired networks., 26 Jan. 2015
I have mixed views on this wireless router. Firstly, it's a monster and certainly looks like a premium performer.
It can be wall mounted, but that would create a problem as to which way up to mount it - with wires up and antennas up, or wires down and antennas down - might be an issue. I guess most will want to wall mount it if possible because of the large footprint the unit has.
On to my issues with this router... (I'll be non-technical...)
I have a fairly extensive complex wired network and purchased this to replace a Netgear WNDR4500, which I planned to put into access point (AP) mode. However, although I don't quite know the reason for this, the R7500 did not like being part of a complex wired network, it's performance would gradually slow over 24-36 hours then need rebooting. I just don't think it's been designed to take part in a wired network.
As for wireless performance, it's excellent, this device has very good range. [Reading other reviews] perhaps not better than others on the market like the R8000 nor as good value as the R7000, however, my guess is that if you only have a wireless network at home/office and have very limited wired devices, this will probably suit you very well.
In summary - this seems to be great for wireless only environments, but if you have a wired network in my experience you'd be better off looking elsewhere. I'm going to stick with my WNDR4500 for now...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2015 12:58 PM GMT

Shower Hose 150cm Connection Chrome Standard Fitting
Shower Hose 150cm Connection Chrome Standard Fitting
Offered by Premier Bathroom Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement, 26 Jan. 2015
This has a good weight and works very well. The hose is very flexible (a bit like a chain) and is a very good replacement for the hose of a bath mixer.
I did have to re-use one of my old washers to double up since the conical connector was a little deep to fit my mixer tap, but that's really no issue. (The shower handset end was fine.)

20 Pcs Metal Shielded 8P8C RJ45 Plug Jacks Network Connectors w Boots Cover
20 Pcs Metal Shielded 8P8C RJ45 Plug Jacks Network Connectors w Boots Cover
Offered by sourcingmap

1.0 out of 5 stars Tarnished Contacts, 26 Jan. 2015
These are no good. I didn't even have to use them to find out. The contacts are very tarnished and/or dirty, hence I doubt they would work very well if at all.
They're going straight back.

Duronic White 3m CAT6a FTP Professional Gold Headed Shielded Network Cable - High Speed 500MHz Premium Quality Cat6a / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN
Offered by DURONIC

1.0 out of 5 stars Best avoided, 20 Jan. 2015
Not very good at all! I bought two of these (along with 2 2m Duronic cables). Used one straight away and didn't notice any problems. I recently utilised the second one, and it broke my router!

I can't tell what the issue is, but I spent a considerable amount of time trying to troubleshoot the issue since this cable worked initially. After replacing the router and finding that I was still losing internet access (across ALL of my devices) I finally removed this cable from my set up and all is good. It could be the quality of the wires or perhaps incorrect RJ45 plug wiring, all I can say is that to be safe, don't buy these... it looks like there's a quality control issue of some sort!

Xbox One Console - Ultimate Essentials Pack
Xbox One Console - Ultimate Essentials Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Brand New, don't be concerned by the unbranded packaging disclaimer., 18 Dec. 2014
I was initially hesitant of purchasing this due to the 'unbranded packaging' description, which some reviewers have indicated might have meant that it was refurbished. I even posted a comment questioning this, although it didn't make it in. Especially since this is a really good deal at this point in time.

So, I threw caution to the wind after mixed statements, and can confirm that this is a brand new item. The unbranded packaging refers to the outer box which is plain, but inside are the bundled items: Xbox One (in sealed, branded packaging), plus an extra controller (in sealed, branded packaging) plus the 12 month xbox live card (also sealed). Therefore there's no need to be concerned by those older review posts.

It would be preferable for the description to provide more clarity, but hopefully reviews like this and others will remove any doubt cast by those older reviews. (I wish I'd have known this in advance, I could have gotten an even better deal during the Black Friday event...)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2014 7:02 PM GMT

TRESemme Travel 2000 Dryer
TRESemme Travel 2000 Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dryer., 5 Dec. 2014
Excellent value for money. This dryer outperforms most standard dyers, has excellent power and heat plus is compact enough so as not to be a burden.
Highly recommended - not just for travel.

Travel Ready High Quality Ac Power Travel Adapter Plug for Australia China New Zealand Argentina Fiji Islands / With Dual Plug-In Ports and Surge Protection / Grounded
Offered by AUDIOGO

4.0 out of 5 stars Great and compact, 7 Oct. 2014
Worked very well on our trip. The UK side socket can be a very tight fit, but other than that it's a very compact and useful unit.

Nocs NS400-101 Earphones with Microphone and Remote Control Aluminium Black
Nocs NS400-101 Earphones with Microphone and Remote Control Aluminium Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant sound at a great price, 1 Mar. 2014
Having used Sennheiser headphones almost exclusively for some time, my last pair had started to play up after good service. Those only had the iPhone start/stop button, so I wanted a replacement with volume control too.
Having searched for some time I found these from a previously unknown manufacturer to me, NOCS. The reviews looked almost too good to be true, but I tried them anyway.
Not at all disappointed. Even though, like all speakers these are best after being running in for many hours, even on first listening these blew me away. I just couldn't stop listening since the detail in these headphones is astounding at this price point.
The dynamic range is awesome without being too bright in treble nor too bass heavy. The balance is great for those who like a wide range of music. Classical music is detailed playing back with sensitivity, rock tracks are engaging, electronica sends shivers down your spine...
If you're looking for ear canal headphones you must give these a try. The build quality is sufficient to believe these can take a beating.
I wasn't sure of the difference in sound quality between these Aluminium ones and the Titanium ones, but went for the Aluminium simply because of the price.
Do try these; if you have a varied taste in music you can't go far wrong.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5