Profile for Sam > Reviews

Content by Sam

Sam (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
KabelDirekt 20m High Speed HDMI Cable (Ethernet, HDMI 2.0, 1080p Full HD, 4K Ultra HD, 3D, ARC, CEC) - TOP Series
Offered by KabelDirekt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 Jun. 2015
HDMI signal over 20m is excellent (Sky HD signal through a Neet HDMI splitter).

Seagate 1TB 2.5 inch Laptop Solid State Hybrid Drive
Seagate 1TB 2.5 inch Laptop Solid State Hybrid Drive
Offered by majestic deals

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 12 Jun. 2015
Bought this to replace the 500GB HD in a 2011 MacBook Pro. Works fine, although the boot speed has only marginally improved, I think on the whole there is a performance improvement, but don't expect earth-shattering speed records.

KS Tools 503.4507 17 x 19mm GearPlus Double Ring Ratchet Spanner
KS Tools 503.4507 17 x 19mm GearPlus Double Ring Ratchet Spanner

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 Jun. 2015
Brilliant - very solid and a good ratchet system.

Male Coax Plug to Male Coax Plug Cable with 90 Degree Right Angled Connectors by electrosmart® - Length: 2.5m - Colour: White
Offered by electrosmart

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 Jun. 2015
Great antenna cable for the price. The right angle plugs are very sturdy and it provides a good digital signal.

Pure Contour D1 Dock with DAB/FM Radio and Bluetooth for iPod/iPhone/iPad
Pure Contour D1 Dock with DAB/FM Radio and Bluetooth for iPod/iPhone/iPad

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - great sound and functionality, 26 Jan. 2015
So much so I bought two of these (on sale). Suit a small to medium sized bedroom or kitchen/diner. You won't get really amazing hi-fi sound out of this, but the sound you do get is excellent considering the size and price of this little unit.
Features are excellent, and the interchangeable dock is a valuable feature for those with 30 pin and lightning Apple devices. This suits iPhones, iPods & iPads.
Build quality is also excellent.
My favourite surprise feature is that there's a magnetic slot on the back where you can store the remote control if you want.

Makita LCT 204 2 x 1.3Ah 10.8v Cordless Drill Plus Impact Driver  - Blue
Makita LCT 204 2 x 1.3Ah 10.8v Cordless Drill Plus Impact Driver - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 26 Jan. 2015
The power and versatility of this duo is amazing. Great products with excellent quality and feel.

NETGEAR R7500-100UKS R7500 Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Wireless Quad Stream Gigabit Cable Router, 1.4 GHz Dual Core, Dynamic QoS, Twin USB 3.0 and eSATA Ports, Beamforming+, IPv6 Support

3.0 out of 5 stars Potentially good for wireless only networks, not so good for complex/mixed wired networks., 26 Jan. 2015
I have mixed views on this wireless router. Firstly, it's a monster and certainly looks like a premium performer.
It can be wall mounted, but that would create a problem as to which way up to mount it - with wires up and antennas up, or wires down and antennas down - might be an issue. I guess most will want to wall mount it if possible because of the large footprint the unit has.
On to my issues with this router... (I'll be non-technical...)
I have a fairly extensive complex wired network and purchased this to replace a Netgear WNDR4500, which I planned to put into access point (AP) mode. However, although I don't quite know the reason for this, the R7500 did not like being part of a complex wired network, it's performance would gradually slow over 24-36 hours then need rebooting. I just don't think it's been designed to take part in a wired network.
As for wireless performance, it's excellent, this device has very good range. [Reading other reviews] perhaps not better than others on the market like the R8000 nor as good value as the R7000, however, my guess is that if you only have a wireless network at home/office and have very limited wired devices, this will probably suit you very well.
In summary - this seems to be great for wireless only environments, but if you have a wired network in my experience you'd be better off looking elsewhere. I'm going to stick with my WNDR4500 for now...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2015 12:58 PM GMT

Shower Hose 150cm Connection Chrome Standard Fitting
Shower Hose 150cm Connection Chrome Standard Fitting
Offered by The Home Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement, 26 Jan. 2015
This has a good weight and works very well. The hose is very flexible (a bit like a chain) and is a very good replacement for the hose of a bath mixer.
I did have to re-use one of my old washers to double up since the conical connector was a little deep to fit my mixer tap, but that's really no issue. (The shower handset end was fine.)

20 Pcs Metal Shielded 8P8C RJ45 Plug Jacks Network Connectors w Boots Cover
20 Pcs Metal Shielded 8P8C RJ45 Plug Jacks Network Connectors w Boots Cover
Offered by sourcingmap

1.0 out of 5 stars Tarnished Contacts, 26 Jan. 2015
These are no good. I didn't even have to use them to find out. The contacts are very tarnished and/or dirty, hence I doubt they would work very well if at all.
They're going straight back.

Duronic White 3m CAT6a FTP Professional Gold Headed Shielded Network Cable - High Speed 500MHz Premium Quality Cat6a / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN
Offered by DURONIC

1.0 out of 5 stars Best avoided, 20 Jan. 2015
Not very good at all! I bought two of these (along with 2 2m Duronic cables). Used one straight away and didn't notice any problems. I recently utilised the second one, and it broke my router!

I can't tell what the issue is, but I spent a considerable amount of time trying to troubleshoot the issue since this cable worked initially. After replacing the router and finding that I was still losing internet access (across ALL of my devices) I finally removed this cable from my set up and all is good. It could be the quality of the wires or perhaps incorrect RJ45 plug wiring, all I can say is that to be safe, don't buy these... it looks like there's a quality control issue of some sort!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5