Profile for Geoffrey Webb > Reviews

Content by Geoffrey Webb

Geoffrey Webb "Geoff" (Northampton)

Page: 1 | 2
Andrew James Mini Oven And Grill In White, 1500 Watts, 20 Litre Capacity
Andrew James Mini Oven And Grill In White, 1500 Watts, 20 Litre Capacity
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars great little oven, 13 Sept. 2012
My first oven arrived with a dent but was quickly swapped with no quibble.
Was a bit concerned at first that the door my cause it to tip over but this has never happened.
Had this product for 8 months and it works a treat. Pefect for cheese on toast and small items.
A standard Tesco sized pizza just fits ok (touches the glass).
Heats up fast and an excellent alternative to putting on the main oven that costs a lot to run. Or for a student with limited room.

Wahl Ultima 7200 Men's Shaver Mains / Rechargeable ZX648
Wahl Ultima 7200 Men's Shaver Mains / Rechargeable ZX648

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 13 Sept. 2012
Had the this product for 8 months and it's still going strong. I only use it off the mains so can't comment on the charger. Shaves as well as all the other shavers I've ever had, not too noisy. Didn't come with a strong plastic travel box but use my old one.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty little thing, 13 Sept. 2012
I bought this in conjunction with a dehumidifier. The numbers go up and down according to the machine so works nicely. I can keep check on my bedroom dampness (lack of it now) with this handy cheap gadget.
It even tells the time.

EcoAir DD122 Simple Desiccant Dehumidifier, 7 L - Blue
EcoAir DD122 Simple Desiccant Dehumidifier, 7 L - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine for me, 13 Sept. 2012
I bought this over a month ago and it absorbs about 2L of water every 24 hours.
I had a problem with damp on my clothes in the bedroom, I only had the damp problem this year but after washing ALL my clothes twice I'd had enough and splashed out. So I can't say for sure that it's solved the problem yet only time will tell....
The good thing about this machine is that it's not on all the time, it clicks on and off when necessary. I can't sleep with it in the bedroom but put it in the hall outside the bedroom and it doesn't trouble me. The other advantage/disadvantage is that it produces a little heat in the room, this will be handy in winter but combined with the noise means I would never put it directly in the bedroom in the summer.
Don't understand the reviewers who say it wet the carpet cos the layed the machine on it's side. Well you wouldn't lie a bucket full of water on it's side and hope the water would stay in it would you? duh!
It is light and portable so not made of heavy duty materials, I guess kicking a footbal against it would be a pretty bad idea. As I don't play football in the house I think it will survive ok.
So far so good.

Prey
Prey
by Michael Crichton

4.0 out of 5 stars Prey read this, 5 July 2008
This review is from: Prey (Paperback)
This is only my second MC book but I found it to be top-notch entertainment (I read it in 10 days which is always a good sign). The story is pretty straightforward, nano-thingys are out of control and are causing trouble in the sandy desert. Definately interesting and gripping and gives you plenty to think about. The perfect book for reading on a sandy beach.

Red Herrings and White Elephants
Red Herrings and White Elephants
by Albert Jack

3.0 out of 5 stars Amusing read, 14 July 2007
Quite a fun read overall. Some of the research is lacking, for example about Nero Playing His Fiddle While Rome Burned. It seems he was 50 miles away when it burned but more importantly (and this is not in the book) the fiddle was not invented in Roman times....a simple google search shows that. Anyway it fills those quiet moments of reflection in the little room.

Dracula
Dracula
by Bram Stoker

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to have read about Vlad, 14 July 2007
This review is from: Dracula (Hardcover)
Seen the movie, watched the Hammer films, enjoyed Buffy. But what is the story at the source of all these spin-offs ? This is nothing like reading those terrible Dickens books at school, it is gripping, interesting and unputdownable. The fact that I have seen probably a hundred stories based on Dracula did not detract from the original at all. Read it at midnight if you dare....

Executive Orders
Executive Orders
by Tom Clancy

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 14 July 2007
This review is from: Executive Orders (Paperback)
The references to Sadam do date the book but then it is a work of pure fiction. As a Brit I found the detail of the polictial aspects of the book moving between interesting and dull but there was enough other things going on in the book to keep me going. I really like the idea that, as close as possible, an ordinary bloke became president. Nowadays American presidents are all millionairs before they get to the white house and have done so many deals by the time they get there that their values are bound to have been somewhat bought and sold along the way (I'm trying not to be political here just stating the world as I see it). In this book you get to see what an ordinary decent bloke would do if he got the top job. Very enlightening !

The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
by Michael E. Gerber

5.0 out of 5 stars Add this to your business bookshelf, 14 July 2007
It all seems to obvious when I read it, so why didn't I think of it before ? Very thought provoking book that will make you see your very small business with new eyes. I've also listened to the tape version of this (somehow it doesn't work the same) and also listened to the Mastery tapes as well (terribly boring) but the book version is really great ! Buy it !!!

Debt Of Honour :
Debt Of Honour :
by Tom Clancy

4.0 out of 5 stars Standard Clancy, 14 July 2007
This review is from: Debt Of Honour : (Paperback)
I've read quite a lot of his books and DoH didn't fail to disappoint, the whole setting up of the Japanese as the bad guys was quite convoluted but I suppose that Clancy just fancied writing them as bad guys. There was quite a lot of economics in the book which didn't trouble me but for those who like more military and political action then perhaps this isn't the Clancy book for you.

Page: 1 | 2