Profile for MarkM > Reviews

MarkM

Microsoft Business Hardware Pack - inc Keyboard & Optical Mouse
Microsoft Business Hardware Pack - inc Keyboard & Optical Mouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bargin, 1 Dec. 2011
I got this keyboard & mouse for about £19, and I have to say, for the price, its a great little keyboard.

Its basic, with no bells & whistles, but if all you need is a cheap decent feeling keyboard, its perfect. My girlfried is a good touch typist, and is quite fussy about keyboards, but she finds it comfy, and easy to type with, even for long periods.

The wrist rest is plastic, not padded, but I still find it comfy when attached.

My only issue is that the mouse is a pretty basic cheap feeling one, but I keep it as an emergency spare, so for that use, its fine!

Logitech G400 Optical Gaming Mouse
Logitech G400 Optical Gaming Mouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Mouse, 1 Dec. 2011
I had to replace my trusty Razer DeathAdder after its right mouse button stopped working. I decided to give this mouse a try, as it was cheaper than most Razer mice, and had plenty of positive reviews.

Firstly, my order, which was a supersaver delivery, arrived within 2 days...I was very impressed with that!

The mouse feels decent, and the rubberised layer over the gripping areas is comfy.

In general, its a good mouse, but having been used to a Razer for a few years, im not totally sold on the Logitecs shape, the two main buttons seem a bit 'short' for lack of a better word, also buttons 4 & 5 seem a bit high up. Maybe I just need to get used to it, but i think a good mouse should feel great from the start.

Thats not to say I dont like it, I will certainly keep using it, but its not quite the mouse I hoped it would be, but I guess for a good quality gaming mouse for under £30 its a good deal.

2 X Apple iPad 2 & iPad & iphone 4S iPhone 4 3GS 3G USB Data Sync & Charge charging Cable
Offered by XY Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent product, 19 Nov. 2011
These are a good price for a two cable pack. Plug ends seem solid, and look similar to branded cables. Arrived on time. No complaints so far.

Universal 3 in 1 iPod / iPhone Mains, Car and USB Charger Power kit for Apple all Generations iPod Nano 1G 2G 3G 4G New 2008 Nano, Mini, Photo, Video, Classic 80Gb 120GB 160GB, iPod Touch 1G 2G New 2008 Touch, iPhone 1G 3G (White)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product cheaply made..., 19 Nov. 2011
I fancied a spare iphone cable to keep at work. The retractable cable with this pack looked like the perfect solution as I could keep it tidily stored away in my desk.

However, once it arrived, I saw its cheap price is, I guess unsurpisingly, reflected in the quality of the build. the iphone connector end is pretty flimsy. The spring loaded retractor works fine if you are gentle with it.

After 6 months the cable stopped working, and no longer charged my phone (all other cables I have work fine).

*UPDATE* - A month or so after the cable stopped working, the usb plug popped.

Very cheap, but poor quality.

MediaDevil Apple iPhone 3G/3GS Screen Protector: Magicscreen Crystal Clear (Invisible) Edition - (2 x Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but good quality., 19 Nov. 2011
Having recently wasted money buying cheap screen protectors, which gave my iphone a horrible grainy image when applied, I chucked them in the bin, and went back online to check for something better, and found these with a load of good reviews.

My package arrived next day - even though I had only selected standard delivery, a nice boost, and then when I opened the pack, there was two little sweets inside along with the covers, even bigger boost lol!

The protector was a good fit, and has a great high gloss finish, and doesnt spoil the look of the screen image.

They are pretty expensive at almost 8 quid for 2 covers, but given the rubbish alternatives, Id say you might as well save the hassle and buy decent kit, rather than mess about.

Levv TV700800BCH - Stand For Plasma Or LCD TV Up To 32'' - Black & Chrome Glass
Levv TV700800BCH - Stand For Plasma Or LCD TV Up To 32'' - Black & Chrome Glass

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 18 Nov. 2011
This is a decent product for a good price. Cheaper than others I have seen going around.

Looks good, glass feels solid, and was fairly easy to make. The back support/cable tidy is a bit cheap feeling, but once its all set in place, you would never know.

Got it for a 32" tv, with a dvd player on the mid shelf, and a sky box & Xbox 360 side by side on the bottom. Plenty of space behind all boxes.

6 Pack of Clear Film LCD Front Screen Shield Scratch Protector Guard for iPhone 3G/3GS
Offered by OBiDi®

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont like the matt finish, 18 Nov. 2011
I had read a few mixed reviews of these protectors, but thought I would chance it, given the cheap price.

I dont have any issues regarding the shape, or fixing them into place. My main issue is the finish on the plastic, its a dull matt texture which leaves the screen looking darker, and kind of adds a 'noise' to the image, making everything grainy. This really spoils the look of the screen.
Again, some earlier reviews did warn of this but, hey, you live and learn....

To summarise: arrived on time, cheap, correct shape, sticks fine, but certainly not the 'Clear Film' finish on the title of the product. I wont be using them.