Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Discover more Shop now
Profile for Slimfast > Reviews

10,000 Maniacs: Time Capsule [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Jerry Augustyniak
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Odd but good, 23 Oct. 2007
Apart from the 3 "bonus" tracks this is the same as the vhs release from the early 90s. It's quirky and in some respects a strange combination of songs. A lot of them are simply promo videos, so if (as it seems some people are) you're after a live video then look elsewhere (except that there isn't anywhere else to look). I'd like a live video too, but that would be a different review wouldn't it.
I like this a lot and I'm not sure I understand the criticisms in the other reviews. The version of Say Hello In There (unavailable elsewhere to the best of my knowledge) is worth the asking price on its own.

Sony - CDX-GT410 silver - Gt series CD tuner
Sony - CDX-GT410 silver - Gt series CD tuner

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, especially for the money, 23 July 2007
Everyone has already said how good this is, and I have to agree.

My only quibbles are
a) that, as someone who's never fitted a car stereo before, the installation instructions made it look (to me) more complicated that it is. As it turned out it was ridiculously simple.
b) as USB keys get bigger (I'm using a 4GB one) someone will have to come up with a better method of selecting the album to play than sequentially scrolling through them. I'm not sure what that is though...

Anyway, minor quibbles aside, this is great. And it sounds excellent, even on my rubbish speakers.

A Matter of Life and Death
A Matter of Life and Death
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Progressive and nearly perfect, 17 Dec. 2006
Having been a fan of Maiden since their first album I had long ago written them off as being in terminal decline. They had reached the point where much of the music was terrible and most of the lyrics were worse. There's no doubt that the previous two studio albums were a much needed improvement, with some great material, but they still had some really second rate songs too.

This is a very long album and yet there is not one filler. It's their most thoughtful, progressive and mature work to date and I think it's their most consistently good album. Even the old "classic" albums have some mediocre songs but not this one. And the more I listen to it the better it gets. I have some personal favourites but the whole album is superb. More please.

Carnivale: Complete HBO Season 2 [DVD] [2006]
Carnivale: Complete HBO Season 2 [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Nick Stahl

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb series, 12 Jun. 2006
I still can't believe this show got cancelled, but at least it reaches something like a satisfactory conclusion. I can't speak for the dvd quality, it having not been released and all, but the series was (and is) superb, and the first series dvd was good quality with good extras so you would hope this would be too. Highly recommended. If you like your tv shows dark, complex, mysterious, well written, well acted and beautifully shot you'll love this. Each episode leaves you desperate to see what happens in the next.

Page: 1 | 2