Profile for William N. Ruffell > Reviews

Content by William N. Ruffell

William N. Ruffell (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Plants for Bees: A Guide to the Plants That Benefit the Bees of the British Isles
by William D.J. Kirk

5.0 out of 5 stars Plants for Bees, 4 Jun. 2014
Well illustrated book showing the great variety of bees and photographs and details of the plants the bees are attracted to.

Pentax X5 Bridge Camera - Black (16MP, 26x Wide Angle Optical Zoom) 3 inch Tilt LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Pentax X5 Bridge Camera, 25 Mar. 2014
Just the job for some bird photography. One lens, not interchangeable, so no dust on the sensor. Has a great specification and was offered at a bargain price, so having read about it when it first came out couldn't resist the chance to own one.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 (PC) [Download]
Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 (PC) [Download]

4.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop Elements 11, 25 Mar. 2014
Much changed and takes some getting used to after having previous versions for many of the upgrades. It has a clever people section which can collect faces automatically. Although amazing, I haven't found much use for this facility.

Gem Compact Easy Access Camera Case for Pentax K-01, X-5
Gem Compact Easy Access Camera Case for Pentax K-01, X-5
Offered by GEM Bags & Cases

4.0 out of 5 stars Gem Compact Camera Case for the Pentax X-5, 25 Mar. 2014
The camera fits well and there is extra pocket for card and batteries, and a couple of safety straps to hold the camera in place, even when the flap is open.

Digital Plant Photography: For beginners to professionals
Digital Plant Photography: For beginners to professionals
by Adrian Davies

4.0 out of 5 stars Digital Plant Photography, 25 Mar. 2014
Very good book with well written text and well taken pictures. Not one that you take out with you but worth a study before a photo trip.

Panasonic DMP-BDT130 Smart Network 3D Blu-ray Disc Player - Black
Panasonic DMP-BDT130 Smart Network 3D Blu-ray Disc Player - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Blue Ray Player, 25 Mar. 2014
I bought this with the idea that I could use it with my HD Projector, but found that the sound outlet is digital and not compatible with my anaogue sound equipment. But I can play it through my TV and it plays DVDs and CDs so I kept it because it was £30 less than its original price, works well with my HD Panasonic TV.

The Straight Story [DVD]
The Straight Story [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Farnsworth

5.0 out of 5 stars The Straight Story, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Straight Story [DVD] (DVD)
It is a lovely slowish story of an elder man going to visit his brother who has had a heart attack 317 miles away. He has for various reasons no way of travelling other than on his lawn mower, and the story is about his adventures and people he meets on the way.
I can only say it held my interest throughout and is very entertaining.

Microsoft Office 365 Home, Licence Card, 5 Users, 1 year subscription (PC/Mac)
Microsoft Office 365 Home, Licence Card, 5 Users, 1 year subscription (PC/Mac)

4.0 out of 5 stars Office 365, 24 April 2013
I have used this in Excel, Word, and Outlook and found it very good and the facility of SkyDrive storage.

IBRA® 10m High Speed PRO GOLD RED v2.0/1.4a HDMI Cable 3D 2160p PS4 SKY HD 4K Ultra HD(Version 2.0, 18Gbps, ARC)
Offered by Hd Zone

4.0 out of 5 stars HDMI lead, 27 Dec. 2012
It works very well and is extremely well made. Althoug I realised it was 10 meters long I had not taken in the distance that it will reach, but I should find it useful sometime! At the moment I have only used it across a room to connect a laptop to a TV but that works very well.

Epson EH-TW3200 3LCD Projector (25000:1, 1800 ANSI Lumens, Full HD 1080p)
Epson EH-TW3200 3LCD Projector (25000:1, 1800 ANSI Lumens, Full HD 1080p)

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson HD Projector, 27 Dec. 2012
This is a fine high definition projector and runs my audio visuals splendidly. It is a larger machine than I realized with a big lens. I have run it with DVDs via a Samsung Laptop which upgrades pictures to High Definition. It has various imputs but no outputs and I was surprised that there is no sound output from the projector. I take the sound output from the headphone outlet on the laptop which works well. As I have made my AVs over the years at 1024 x 768 that size appears when projected but the projector has the facility of adjusting the lens to fill the screen if you so wish. Later sequences made at 1920 x 1080 - HD standard of course appear as widescreen and are superb. Films from DVDs look excellent too. I have used the projector on 4ft and 12ft screens and it adapts to either without any difficulties. The projector also runs very quietly and has several adjustments if you do not want to run it in high definition.

Page: 1 | 2