Profile for benjalex > Reviews

benjalex

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
VivoBarefoot Evo Pure Running Shoes - SS15 - 11
VivoBarefoot Evo Pure Running Shoes - SS15 - 11

5.0 out of 5 stars Our favourite running shoes! Colour slightly darker than pictures. Five stars, 4 Sept. 2015
We absolutely love these shoes. I bought a pair of ladies vivobarefoot one running shoes and after one day or wearing and running in them I immediately bought a pair for my partner.
My feet always used to hurt in normal trainers and when my brother suggested barefoot running shoes/zero drop shoes I wasn't sure, but I did some research and took the plunge and now I will never look back. I can run faster for longer without my feet hurting at all. My form has improved and they are so light and airy they are a joy to run in!

I would highly recommend these shoes to anyone who runs and is thinking about barefoot style running.
The colour is slightly more orange than appears on the pictures here but a gorgeous shoe and we are really happy with our purchases!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Apollo Rb Coaster Set
Apollo Rb Coaster Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Holder NOT heart shaped, 9 Jun. 2015
The coasters are nice and the wood is good quality. However, the holder is not as pictured. I was looking forward to a lovely heart shaped holder but in reality the holder I received is not heart shaped. More square with rounded top. I have added a picture so others can see. I still like it but would have preferred the other shape.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bouncepad Lightning Cable - 2m Right Angled Sync and Charge Cable - MFi Certified by Apple
Offered by SpotSpot

3.0 out of 5 stars Good charger, doesn't fit with some cases, 25 April 2015
I like this idea. Thought about it for a while and settled on this version as it was apple certified. Good quality feel. Long cord. Works well.
However the bit that attaches to your phone has a large square plastic piece which means it doesn't fit in my phone when It has my silicone case on it. This isn't a huge problem for me as I am mainly using it beside my bed so just remove the case when it's in use... But if I wanted to take it in the car or into work with me I would probably want to get a different one that doesn't require the removal of my case.

Premium Solid Grommet Top Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtain 183 cm L- 1 Pair-NAVY
Offered by Best Home Fashion

5.0 out of 5 stars These curtains are great. Nice and thick so block out light and ..., 29 Mar. 2015
These curtains are great. Nice and thick so block out light and keep heat in. They are also quite wide so I actually ended up using one side per window and used them in two rooms! Bargain. Would buy again

Matlab For Beginners: A Gentle Approach
Matlab For Beginners: A Gentle Approach
by Peter I. Kattan

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, but not for true beginners, 4 Jan. 2014
I wanted this book as a complete n00b of programming. It was helpful, but i had to refer to other sources in order to understand some of the maths that it assumes you know. Also it isnt very good at explaining matrices at the start - again too much assumed knowledge. If you know a bit about programming/maths, this is probably perfect, but it suggests it is for use by high school students/teachers learning this stuff for the first time, and for that I would say it's not particularly useful. I like the exercises and worked examples.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks perfect., 4 Jan. 2014
This is exactly what i wanted. I ordered a few of them for myself and some friends. They look great. The quality isnt brilliant - the pin itself is a little loose so needs to be on fairly thick fabric or the pin rotates when you wear it. But for the price, I would recommend it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality. Looks great, 4 Jan. 2014
Got this for my boyfriend for Christmas as he's a big DOTA fan. I was actually really impressed with the quality of the fabric. Very very soft and looks great. Would highly recommend.

20 Mini Magnets NEODYMIUM 3 x 6 mm (HxD) super strong N45 Brand: HAB & GUT , MC000
Offered by HAB & GUT Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Really strong, 4 Jan. 2014
These really are small magnets...but really strong! Worked well for my craft project. and still have some left over. Would recommend.

Outback Ladies 50x40x20cm Cabin Approved Backpack (Adelaide)
Outback Ladies 50x40x20cm Cabin Approved Backpack (Adelaide)

2.0 out of 5 stars good backpack but NOT 50x40x20, 4 Jan. 2014
I flew to Germany with EasyJet and wanted a backpack that was under the limits for the hand luggage guarantee so that it could travel with me. I saw the pictures of this in the hand luggage gauge and thought it must fit! But actually when I got to the airport... it did NOT fit in the easy jet gauge for 50x40x20. The bag itself is nice, feels sturdy and is comfortable, but if the reason you are buying it is to be under 50x40x20, you would have to barely fill it as must be true in the picture..... I didn't fill mine particularly full, there was no strain on the zips or anything, and it wasn't heavy... but it would have had to be MUCH less filled to fit. So just beware of this if you are getting luggage for cabin travel. I was disappointed, but it is a nice bag in itself.

Mammoth XT 8 pin to USB Data Sync Power Charger Flat Cable for Apple iPhone 5, iPad Mini, iPad, iPod Touch 5, iPod Nano 7 - White (3m)
Offered by Innovation UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately it broke after one use, 23 July 2013
Despite negative reviews I thought I would give this a try as the price was reasonable and looked like a good idea. Unfortunately the pin connector broke off and got stuck in my iphone upon first use. I have returned for a refund and am very disappointed. I am just grateful that my iphone 5 wasnt damaged in the process. I would not recommend this even though the price is appealing. Sorry :(

Page: 1 | 2 | 3