Profile for 60s lover > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Burnshield Hyrdogel Burn Spray 125ml
Burnshield Hyrdogel Burn Spray 125ml

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT a spray at all., 13 Jun. 2016
Misdescribed. It is a gel not a spray. It isn't as cooling as Burneze but does the job on minor burns. Any more serious burns would need ice cold water.

Extra Select Koi Sticks in  Bucket, 5 Litre
Extra Select Koi Sticks in Bucket, 5 Litre

4.0 out of 5 stars HOOK LINE AND SINKER, 13 Jun. 2016
It isn't me that likes it, its my fish. Don't get fooled by the five litre size as the drum weighs three Kgs. It is very reasonably priced and I have reordered since.

Indian Summers [DVD]
Indian Summers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julie Walters

5.0 out of 5 stars A JEWEL IN THE TV CROWN, 13 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Indian Summers [DVD] (DVD)
I think that this will become a classic. The production values are sky high and the ensemble cast are top drawer. It is a very believable story and dares to tread on taboo ground. How the different castes and faiths disliked each other as much if not more than they disliked the arrogant selfish deluded vulgar English. Debauchery lechery and all sorts of wrong side of the blanket shenanigans form part of the rich and twisting plot lines. From the white rulers point of view it is a story of loneliness and longing, being outsiders and belonging, drinking to remember but more often to forget. It is sad and silly and achingly indiscreet in turns. It is so believable you actually think you are there witnessing the goings on. I couldn't take my eyes off it when it was on the telly and I've watched the DVD three or more times. It is absolutely unmissable for anyone who likes intrigue, drama, costume/period pieces and historical romance.

Extra Select Fish Food Blend in Bucket, 5 Litre
Extra Select Fish Food Blend in Bucket, 5 Litre

3.0 out of 5 stars Volume versus Mass, 14 April 2016
I can't understand why this type of product cannot be advertised by weight as well as volume. What does five litres of food weigh? Well its 3 Kg not five- just as I suspected. I think this is a deliberate ploy by the manufacturer to confuse the customer and Amazon should sort it out. Just give us the package weight eh?

Karlie 11111 Dog Shower for Large Dogs 100 x 61.6 x 50 cm Blue
Karlie 11111 Dog Shower for Large Dogs 100 x 61.6 x 50 cm Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars What you see isn't exactly what you get, 14 April 2016
I asked the Amazon community a question about using it as a holding pen for Koi carp whilst cleaning the pond out. Based on the positive answers I bought the item. On the large information sheet that came with it, it CLEARLY states that it isn't a bath and so shouldn't be used for the purpose I intended. I wonder why no one who replied to my question pointed this out? A trial fill to quarter full found that the item had a dribble leak from the drain cock. The frame is solid so I bought a tarpaulin as an extra liner and still aim to pen my koi in it. The picture that shows the dog is misleading as the item supplied doesn't have the lip at the bottom that the picture shows. I have noticed also that the material it is made from is no longer as described by the pictures- a cheaper more inferior separate liner is matched with the woven outer fabric. This can most clearly be seen by looking at the fabric of the bag it comes in- THIS is the original fabric. The item is much less robust in this version. I doubt it will last too long but I could be wrong. Amazon should examine this and complain to the manufacturer. I am wise after the event. At £85 it is a costly mistake but the tarpaulin might rectify it. Let the buyer beware.

Keep Calm And Be Happy
Keep Calm And Be Happy

4.0 out of 5 stars top music collection, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Keep Calm And Be Happy (Audio CD)
With any collection of this sort there is bound to be a few tunes you don't like much but I found fewer of those on this disc than others I have bought

Voices
Voices

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent music selection, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Voices (Audio CD)
lots of top music artistes and lots of first rate hit tunes. This was an instant Christmas hit and was enjoyed by all the family

Summer Beats 2013
Summer Beats 2013
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars gift for music lover, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Summer Beats 2013 (Audio CD)
contains a wide selection of popular tunes suitable for a music loving teen to play far too loudly on their bedroom stereo

Akira Volume 3 (Akira (del Rey))
Akira Volume 3 (Akira (del Rey))
by Katsuhiro Ootomo

4.0 out of 5 stars ideal xmas present, 4 Jan. 2014
This was a Christmas present for a family member and bought by request. It met requirements for a successful gift

THE MUPPETS 2014  CALENDAR (Calendars 2014)
THE MUPPETS 2014 CALENDAR (Calendars 2014)
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars comic favourites, 4 Jan. 2014
Pictures are fine but the font for the numbers is much too small so it isn't easy to read from across room

Page: 1 | 2