Profile for lena > Reviews

lena

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
The Stepmother: A gripping psychological thriller with a killer twist
The Stepmother: A gripping psychological thriller with a killer twist

3.0 out of 5 stars One star lost due to unnecessary harping on about migrants!, 13 Aug. 2016
A good read, though felt quite rushed and muddled in places. Especially towards the end. The writing style for Marlena's chapters was quite odd at the start but was better at the end when she finally got going.

I'm afraid I was totally put off by the unnecessary sub plot of hers about migrants and girls supposedly running off to join Isis. What was that about? Had no relevance to the story and was as if the writer was pushing some sort of lefty political agenda at the same time. Pointless.

The Disappearance: A gripping thriller that will keep you guessing
The Disappearance: A gripping thriller that will keep you guessing

3.0 out of 5 stars Typos galore!, 2 Jun. 2016
It's so irritating to read a book with lots of typos. I'm only 13% and they're already popping up. Spelling 'sure' as 'shure' is a new one on me! Why do kindle versions have to be so shoddy? That said the story is promising so far, if I can over look stupid spelling mistakes...

Behind Closed Doors: The gripping psychological thriller everyone is raving about

5.0 out of 5 stars best debut novel i've read, 9 May 2016
this is a fantastic book. wonderfully gripping and a strong, satisfying ending.devoured it in 48 hrs. i hope the author gets another book out quickly

Belle Maison Set of 4 Vintage Liberty Print Tile Coasters
Belle Maison Set of 4 Vintage Liberty Print Tile Coasters
Offered by Beaumonde ®

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely style, shame about the pattern printing, 17 Feb. 2016
I love the vintage, ethnic style of these and how they're a bit battered looking. Unfortunately the pattern on all of them is slightly blurry. Fine as I don't spend my time staring at coasters, but a little annoying as they're not as clear as the picture would have you think.

Quirky-Classic Home Lap Tray Collection with Bean Bag Cushion Base - Stag design
Offered by Comfort Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 17 Feb. 2016
Love my stag head tray.

by Mark Edwards

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing from a usually good author, 17 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Follow You Home (Paperback)
Started out interesting and went downhill from there with too many plot twists and too many men in the house to keep track of. The last chapter just felt ridiculous. Was what she did that big s deal in the circumstances?!! Just weird

Swaying
Swaying
by Lucinda Blanchard

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book but frustrating., 2 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Swaying (Paperback)
This was an interesting one for me as I'm the mum of two boys, and happily so. I was completely unfazed when my second son was born and it didn't even cross my mind that I'd lost my chance of a mother-daughter bond. Therefore, I found that I disliked Char from the start and I was glad that Ian left her. I found myself desperately hoping she wouldn't get a daughter as it would all fall too nearly into place and prove she was 'right' to make the amount of fuss she did. None of the characters were likeable. Bells was a vile creature, Ian should have stood up to Char earlier, and Rose and the mother should gave told her to pull herself together.

Bright Starts Activity Balls
Bright Starts Activity Balls

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Bright Starts Activity Balls (Toy)
My nephew loved these

Pieces of You.
Pieces of You.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreary, dreary, dreary, 18 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Pieces of You. (Kindle Edition)
I had to give up on this at 70% but I certainly persevered! I've not read such a dull, miserable book in a long time. The characters weren't at all likeable, in any way. The plot was tedious and there was no let up from the plodding misery. Shame, as the blurb made it look quite intriguing. I had no interest in what was going to happen by about quarter of the way in, but decided to try and get to the end but changed my mind and started a more uplifting book instead.

After You
After You

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost as good, but not quite, 25 Oct. 2015
This review is from: After You (Kindle Edition)
Loved it. Not quite as good as Me Before You, but very enjoyable. Only part I wasn't keen on was the grief group bits. I found the characters there a little irritating.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10