Profile for Carrie > Reviews

Content by Carrie

Carrie (Dorset United Kingdom)

Eye Mask / Sleep Mask - Sleeping Masks for Men & Women * MONEY BACK GUARANTEE * Buy 3 & Get Free UK Delivery Better than Silk - Our Bedtime Bliss Luxury Patented Contoured & Comfortable Sleep Mask & Ear Plug Set is the Best Blackout Eyemask it will Block Light but Wont Touch your eyes like other Eyemasks - Carry Pouch and Ear Plugs Included for FREE
Offered by Natural Revolution Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 30 Mar. 2016
I've used several different eye masks over the years with little satisfaction but this mask is in a league of its own. The mounded shape means it doesn't touch your eyelids and you are simply thrown into darkness. I recently used it all week on a trip to Berlin and found it invaluable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2016 10:41 AM BST

A Message from Martha: The Extinction of the Passenger Pigeon and its Relevance Today (Natural History Narratives)
by Mark Avery

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating information about the passenger pigeon., 30 Mar. 2016
Absolutely brilliant book. I knew nothing about the passenger pigeon and now I know a great deal. Well written and thoroughly researched. I found the whole subject inspiring. I'm buying it for friends now.

Osprey Momentum 22 daypack grey 2016 outdoor daypack
Osprey Momentum 22 daypack grey 2016 outdoor daypack

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, 30 Mar. 2016
Fantastic backpack. Really well designed. This is the second one I've bought. My husband and son cycle to work with them and find them comfortable and spacious. The rain cover is ingenious and all pockets useful.

Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara - Black
Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara - Black
Offered by nikis cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mascara, 25 July 2013
Best mascara and a brilliant price. Have bought these for myself and both daughters. After years of buying expensive mascaras I find this one at such a good price. It's curved wand is perfect and the actual mascara is smooth and creamy.

The God of Small Things
The God of Small Things
by Arundhati Roy

5.0 out of 5 stars all time favourite book, 25 July 2013
This has got to be my all time favourite book. Beautifully written and totally absorbing. It's years since I read it for the first time and it has always stayed with me.

Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way
Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way
by Natasha Corrett

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious recipes, 1 Nov. 2012
I have to say I am only writing this review because I did not agree with the other reviews I read on Honestly Healthy. The recipes in this book are really delicious and if you are new to alkaline eating it will inspire you to continue and persevere. Some of the ingredients are a bit weird, and expensive, like yacon syrup, coconut flour and sea vegetables but any good health food shop will have these or get them in for you. It is true, they recommend a very expensive liquidiser but that's only if you need to buy one and then you don't have to buy the one they suggest. They also say to upgrade in stages and change over to this method of eating gradually so it is up to you how far you take it. Personally, I feel so much better having cut out sugar and made my diet alkaline that it is really worth it. I have left one star off because I would have liked a more comprehensive list of foods with their acid/alkaline values, but i have had to search the internet for this. It has been a bit pricey setting up my store cupboard with more nuts and seeds, fruits and grains etc but it has been fun and nothing has been wasted - it is all delicious. It takes time to get all the information into your daily practice and to change the habits of a lifetime but I'd say this book makes it seem possible. I'm really glad I bought it and recommend it to others keen to eat more healthily.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2012 6:41 PM GMT