Profile for R Wilson > Reviews

Content by R Wilson

R Wilson (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
IKEv2 IPsec Virtual Private Networks: Understanding and Deploying IKEv2, IPsec VPNs, and FlexVPN in Cisco IOS (Networking Technology: Security)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Nov. 2016
I knew my way around IKEv1 and IPSec commands on Cisco equipment well enough to establish VPN tunnels when I needed them but I wouldn't say I was an expert. I had a job to upgrade our tunnels to IKEv2. I scrabbled around the web trying to understand IKEv2 and was kind of getting there but not quite...

I bought the Kindle version of this on a bit of an impulse. I'm really glad I did, it's well worth the money. Not only can I establish secure IKEv2 tunnels, I also feel like I know the subject thoroughly now. Even in respect to non-Cisco equipment. The book is a great reference too.

One small criticism. The author writes off applying IKEv2 profiles to interfaces using crypto maps because they are dated. The new way of doing it is using Virtual Tunnel Interfaces on Cisco IOS. Unfortunately, if you're terminating your VPN tunnels on a Cisco ASA firewall, you need to use crypto maps. It would have been better if the author had covered this too.

Fortunately it us only a minor change to the crypto map if you're used to using them with IKEv1.

I don't usually leave reviews but was motivated to in this instance. Good job, highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2016 8:27 PM GMT

HTC One M8 Premium Leather Black Top Flip Wallet Case Cover Pouch + Big Touch Stylus Pen + RED 2 IN 1 Dust Stopper + Screen Protector & Polishing Cloth SVL2 BY SHUKAN®, (FLIP BLACK)

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, 22 Mar. 2016
The case is OK for the very cheap price.

The product description says it is black but the one I received is Panic-Button Red. Not happy about that, even if it was only a couple of quid...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Simples, 20 Feb. 2014
I am using this with a Google Nexus 7 (2013 Edition). I plug the adapter in to the Nexus. I then plug the HDMI cable from the TV in to the adapter. I wake up the tablet and put in my passcode so that the device/screen is on. I then switch to the relevant HDMI channel on the TV. It worked perfectly and first time. What could be easier than that? Not sure I understand the problems being reported..

SCRABBLE
SCRABBLE

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Implementation, 16 Jun. 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
This is a good game. Plenty of features and multiple play options (vs comp, online against facebook or random etc). Random players seem to quit when I'm beating them though...

Poker Player Magazine
Poker Player Magazine

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work Anymore., 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Poker Player Magazine (App)
Stuck on an error "Updating Prices". Absolute toss and mediocre when it did work... regretting taking out a year subscription on a whim. Best avoided.

The Object-Oriented Thought Process (Developer's Library)
The Object-Oriented Thought Process (Developer's Library)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 8 May 2013
I liked this book and if you're new to OOP it is a thorough overview which I found easy to read. I can't see this being much use to people already in the industry other than a handy reference though.

Level Up!: The Guide to Great Video Game Design
Level Up!: The Guide to Great Video Game Design

2.0 out of 5 stars Just no..., 8 May 2013
If you're a amateur game developer/designer looking for a source of inspiration then stay clear of this book. You want to overcome writer's block? This book recommends you go for a shower or take a drive!? Well that surely has to be the most sage-like advice I think I have ever heard... not! Sorry Scott, I do those things every day and it doesn't help one jot!

I returned this and bought Fundamentals of Game Design (2nd Edition) and Game Mechanics - Advanced Game Design instead.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2014 5:52 PM BST

The Art of Game Design: A book of lenses
The Art of Game Design: A book of lenses

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy Kindle Edition, 29 April 2013
The Kindle edition seems to be a PDF file. It doesn't open in the Kindle application but the PDF reader. Unacceptable and instantly returned.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2013 8:08 AM BST

Foundations of IT Service Management with ITIL 2011
Foundations of IT Service Management with ITIL 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Version Incomplete, 27 Sept. 2012
I returned the Kindle version as it goes straight from the front cover to the content - there is no table of contents available. The book was impossible to navigate.

The Mental Game of Poker: Proven Strategies For Improving Tilt Control, Confidence, Motivation, Coping with Variance, and More

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 July 2012
I had this book in my wish list for a while and when I saw it was only a fiver on Kindle, decided to purchase it.

This book is excellent and I have really noticed improvements in my play since I started reading it. I have always had a problem with tilting on a bad run and spewing my bankroll away. This book helped me adjust the way I think about poker, variance and, crucially, to get realistic expectations about what to expect in Poker. This helps me stay in control when someone gets lucky against me or I don't play a good session.

I now think the mental game aspect of poker is something that is really neglected and full marks go to this book for addressing the issue.

Page: 1 | 2