Profile for Eviesmum > Reviews

Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street - Season 2 Part 1
Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street - Season 2 Part 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the first series., 26 Feb. 2016
Equally, if not better than the first series. Great stories about a not so normal street. This series does deal with a serious issue around episode 11 involving one of the 3 main characters. It is dealt with in a sensitive way, which wasn't too upsetting for my dd who is 8 to deal with. I can't wait for the rest of the series assuming what I have read is correct. If not, please Amazon, do a series 3.

Gortimer Gibbon's Life On Normal Street - Season 1
Gortimer Gibbon's Life On Normal Street - Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this show. Well done Amazon. :), 26 Feb. 2016
We often watch this as a family and the kids love it. I as an adult enjoy it thoroughly too. Each story has a moral to it, sometimes obvious, sometimes more subtle.

The series revolves around 3 main characters who all get along, are nice to everyone and each episode has a 'not so normal' event happen.

We have now watched all the available episodes and I read somewhere that the other half of S2 will start in April. When I told my daughter she screamed with delight. I recommend this show to anyone to watch.

Please Amazon, renew this series. It's amazing.

NOW That's What I Call Running
NOW That's What I Call Running
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for half marathon training., 20 April 2014
I bought this CD as I'd done a mad thing and registered for the Royal Parks Half Marathon in 2013. It's a good pacing CD and long enough to not have to listen to the same track twice on a run. Great music too.

Billy and Me
Billy and Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute story., 20 April 2014
This review is from: Billy and Me (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book and really pleased I bought it.
Great characters, nice little story, a lovely quick chick flick read. :)
Enjoyed this book so much I've preordered Giovanna's next book.

Butterfly
Butterfly

5.0 out of 5 stars Butterfly :), 20 April 2014
This review is from: Butterfly (Kindle Edition)
Meet Grace, a sad soul who a year ago was raped by her now ex boyfriend. She is just existing day to day living with nightmares and in constant fear. A chance meeting with Ben, a councillor/self defense tutor, brings about a whole new Grace.

I love Sibel's books and this is no different. I found it hard to put down. I finished it in 2 days. Fabulous characters who you can sympathise with. Both have a back story and the book is written from the perspective of both of them. The story flows really well that way and I really didn't want it to end.

Loved it.

Look Behind You
Look Behind You

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling :), 20 April 2014
This review is from: Look Behind You (Kindle Edition)
I've read all of Sibel's books but this one is completely different to any of the others.
We follow Chloe who has escaped from an underground tomb (or has she), her husband, doctors and police all doubt her story, so she sets out to prove she hasn't imagined it.
I read this book within a couple of days again, I couldn't put it down. A brilliant story which keeps pace well. Good twists and turns and great ending.
Thank you Sibel. :) I await your next book

Frozen [DVD]
Frozen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Buck
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth 5*'s for Let It Go alone, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this film a couple of weeks ago and visually it's stunning, it's very funny at times too, it's poignant as well. I thought the songs were all really good. You get to know all of the main characters well enough to empathise/sympathise with them.

I agree with the other reviewer who said this really should win an Oscar for Let it Go. It's one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard in an animated film.

This is one of my favourite Disney films and I hope the DVD isn't too long in being released. :)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality bargain dress., 24 Sept. 2013
I bought this dress as a second option to a wedding I am going to in a few weeks, but I love it so much I'm going to wear it instead. The material is thicker and better quality than I expected it to be for the price. The lace trim along the bottom of the fixed petticoat means that you don't have to buy an additional underskirt for it if you don't want to. The pattern is really nice too. As stated in previous comments I bought a size bigger than I normally wear and it fits perfectly. What a bargain price too.

Also delivery was super quick from this seller as well. Very happy.

No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday:  A Very Funny Romantic Novel
No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday: A Very Funny Romantic Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read from a new author, 1 July 2013
Well I rather enjoyed this book, the characters were well developed, the plot moved along quickly and I laughed out loud on numerous occasions.

I read the book within a couple of days. Well done Tracy Bloom, I await novel 2 :D

Fourteen Days Later (Helen Grey Book 1)
Fourteen Days Later (Helen Grey Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute little story, 19 Jun. 2013
A proper little chick read, very easy to read and obvious what's going to happen, but I really enjoyed it.

I liked all the characters and the general storyline. Will read No. 2