Profile for Terry T > Reviews

Terry T

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Vango Adventure DLX Self Inflating Mat, 7.5 cm - Double
Vango Adventure DLX Self Inflating Mat, 7.5 cm - Double

5.0 out of 5 stars So much nicer than our 3cm ones, and packs up surprisingly small, 25 Oct. 2016
Being the owner of a medium hatchback I'm always a bit worried about the size of our camping equipment but was pleasantly surprised with the dimensions of this. Don't get me wrong, it's a fairly hefty item but not a lot bigger than a couple of thinner single ones we had, and miles more comfortable.

Vango Cadair 250 Mummy Sleeping Bag - Atlantic
Vango Cadair 250 Mummy Sleeping Bag - Atlantic

4.0 out of 5 stars It's 2-3 season so nice but very warm, 25 Oct. 2016
I searched for 2 season sleeping bags as I'm never out in anything too inclement and didn't notice that this entry in the list was 2-3 season. As such it's rather on the warm side for summer camping, even with Blighty's far from great weather.

I ended up using it more as a duvet than a sleeping bag and I'd certainly wouldn't be worried pushing it into spring and autumn usage.

Packs up reasonably small too, although it's definitely a car camping sleeping bag, not the kind of thing you'd want to strap to a back pack whilst hiking

Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation (Brewing Elements)
Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation (Brewing Elements)
by Chris White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for the budding and experienced brewer alike, 25 Oct. 2016
Really interesting book for the homebrewer. I've heard some people say it's boring but whilst some of the earlier stuff (about the mechanisms inside yeast cells) did make my eyes glass over a bit I ended up reading the book cover to cover within a week.

Has certainly increased my knowledge of these fantastically useful organisms and should improve my brewing.

Bio-Kult - Advanced Multi-Strain Formula - 60 Capsules
Bio-Kult - Advanced Multi-Strain Formula - 60 Capsules

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my rather niche usage of brewing kettle soured beers, 27 Sept. 2016
I use for brewing kettle soured beers and they work really well. After the mash I boil the wort quickly to pasteurise then cool to around 40C and inoculate the kettle with 6 of these (for one 20-ish litre batch), seal up and try and keep around that temperature, the wort is usually sufficiently soured after 36-48 hours and I then make the beer as normal, boiling and adding hop additions (not much though as bitter and sour isn't the best combination), cooling and pitching my yeast.

Far cheaper than commercial home brew lacto cultures.

Kingston 32 GB UHS Class 1/Class10 microSDHC UHS-I Flash Memory Card (Included microSDHC to SD Adapter)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Jun. 2016
32GB of high speed SD for £6.

Danger & Eggs
Danger & Eggs
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2 and 4 year old love it and it's suitably weird to keep my adult ..., 16 April 2016
This review is from: Danger & Eggs (Amazon Video)
My 2 and 4 year old love it and it's suitably weird to keep my adult self interested too.

Glad to hear it's been picked up for more episodes.

The Stinky & Dirty Show - Season 1
The Stinky & Dirty Show - Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 April 2016
My 2 and 4 year old love it so roll on and make some more episodes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2016 11:05 PM BST

Tefal Ideal One Egg Wonder Non-stick Frying Pan - Black
Tefal Ideal One Egg Wonder Non-stick Frying Pan - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome pan, perfect for eggs and tortillas, 22 Mar. 2016
First time I saw these was in a tapas restaurant in Barcelona. The chefs were using two at a time, making individual tortillas that instead of flipping with a spatula they just dumped upside down from one pan to another, which gave lovely round edges to the tortillas. I bought for this reason but they are good for single eggs too.

Zanussi ZAN2011AZ AirSpeed Lite Pet Bagless Upright Cleaner - Ice White
Zanussi ZAN2011AZ AirSpeed Lite Pet Bagless Upright Cleaner - Ice White

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 10 Dec. 2015
Not sure if I've got a faulty one but it is truly awful. Dust is always leaking out of it and it sounds like low flying jet it is so noisy.

Have had less than 6 months but already looking for a replacement.

Update October 16
** Mine has now totally died, unfortunately after 14 months so out of warranty, I'd say avoid like the plague, but then lots of people are giving it 5 stars (which is why I bought it) so maybe I was unlucky. Zanussi off the brands I'd by from list now though **

TruffleHunter English Truffle Oil (100ml)
TruffleHunter English Truffle Oil (100ml)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great aroma and flavour, 10 Dec. 2015
I love this stuff, has a very pleasant truffle flavour and aroma and comes in a very big bottle relative to some of the Italian stuff I've bought in the past.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6