Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

The Hitchhiker Trilogy Boxset
The Hitchhiker Trilogy Boxset
by Douglas Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 20 Jan. 2010
Despite all the good things said about Douglas it has taken me a long time to get round to reading these books. I think I was put off by catching some of the television series when I was younger and I just didn't get it.

One of the best compliments I could pay them is to say I'd be happy going straight back to the beginning to read them again. The imagination and language are just amazing and even though the story is fantastical fiction it still manages to have real meaning and relevance to life.

Moby Dick: Or, the Whale (Penguin Popular Classics)
Moby Dick: Or, the Whale (Penguin Popular Classics)
by Herman Melville

1.0 out of 5 stars well past its sell by date, 20 Jan. 2010
I enjoy trying anything considered a classic as there usually turns out to be a good reason for it. I can vaguely see why some of the writing in this book may have been considered entertaining when there was less competition on the market but it wasn't for me. Even for this fantatic price I'd say you need to be a die hard classics fan to get much out of reading this. Be prepared for a hard slog.

The Flintstones/The Flintstones In Viva Rock Vegas [DVD]
The Flintstones/The Flintstones In Viva Rock Vegas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Addy
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not worth the second film, 20 Jan. 2010
My son absolutely loves the first flintstones film which is why I bought this. However, "viva rock vegas" is terrible. Bad story, cast and all round quality.