Profile for L. R. Pritchett > Reviews

Content by L. R. Pritchett

L. R. Pritchett "Lee Pritchett" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

4.0 out of 5 stars A good ending., 9 Sept. 2014
I really enjoyed this and thought it was a great end to the series. It was as good as the rest of the episodes and was definitely worth watching.

Dice World: Science and Life in a Random Universe
Dice World: Science and Life in a Random Universe

2.0 out of 5 stars Some interesting facts., 30 Jun. 2014
I did find quite a few interesting facts in this book. I am not an expert on science or probability and some of the probability stuff was a little hard for me to understand. I did enjoy the science parts and found the book worth reading.

Higgs: The invention and discovery of the 'God Particle'
Higgs: The invention and discovery of the 'God Particle'
by Jim Baggott

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read full of facts with plenty of historical background information., 30 Jun. 2014
I am not an expert but I enjoyed reading this book. I didn't fully understand everything but I learned some very interesting information about physics and particles and there was plenty of interesting historical background information about the discovery of the Higgs boson and some other related facts.

The Universe Next Door: Twelve Mind-blowing Ideas from the Cutting Edge of Science
by Marcus Chown

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read and I didnt find it too complicated., 30 Jun. 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book and learned a few interesting facts. I don't know how many of the theories in the book are currently popular but I am by no means an expert. I really enjoyed reading it and didn't find it too much for me to understand.

The Worderers & The Meaning Maker
The Worderers & The Meaning Maker

3.0 out of 5 stars A good moral., 2 July 2013
I think this would be an inspiring story for children who have difficulties with their reading. `James' the boy who is the main character of the book has this trouble, but he has another, very special gift of his own. I think this story has a good moral, and says that it doesn't matter if you're not the same as everybody else and you should be happy being yourself. The author has a talent for imagery. I could always see what was happening, clearly in my mind's eye. The story was fun and held my attention quite well. I thought that the way the characters were named using relevant words to their character was clever.

Children's Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2009 (Children's Writers' & Artists' Yearbook): A Directory for Children's Writers and Artists Containing ... Contacts and Practical Advice and Information
by A & C Black Publishers Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars These yearbooks are fantasic., 24 Jun. 2013
This book and the new ones that come out each year are a great resource for children's authors. I haven't found another resource for publishers and literary agent listings as good as these. they also have articles containing advice for aspiring authors. Definitely worth buying the up to date one of these.

Tubular Bells
Tubular Bells

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant! Amazing!, 24 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Tubular Bells (MP3 Download)
This is one of my favorite albums of all time. Magical, relaxing and inspiring! Definitely worth buying this! Would recommend it to anyone!

Discovering Wild Plant Names (Shire Discovering)
Discovering Wild Plant Names (Shire Discovering)
by John Stevens

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting little book., 24 Jun. 2013
This book makes quite interesting reading, telling you lots of interesting things about the origins of wild plant names, but i perhaps might have liked a few more illustrations, so the book could be of more use for identification purposes. Other than that it's a good little book.

Wings: The Third Book of the Nomes (The Bromeliad Trilogy)
Wings: The Third Book of the Nomes (The Bromeliad Trilogy)
by Terry Pratchett

5.0 out of 5 stars A great ending to the trillogy!, 23 Jun. 2013
This was great fun to read. It was just as good as the first two books if not better. I think it was the most exciting book in the series. and a great ending to the trilogy. The book held my attention really well all the way through. I liked the ending as it was very exciting and left a really strong sense that the story still carries on going when you've finished the book. This series is definitely worth a read.

Diggers: The Second Book of the Nomes (The Bromeliad Trilogy)
Diggers: The Second Book of the Nomes (The Bromeliad Trilogy)
by Terry Pratchett

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 23 Jun. 2013
I really enjoyed this book. I loved 'Truckers' and this was just as good. I thought the story was great and I didn't want to put it down. I thought that the characters were great fun, well written, interesting and larger than life. Terry Pratchett is a brilliant author and this a another great book an a fun series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5