Profile for MrWindows > Reviews

Content by MrWindows

MrWindows "stephenowencoyne"

Hangerworld Breathable 44in (112cm) Suit Carrier Bag for Travel, With Handles & Accessory Pocket, Pack of 1, Black
Offered by Hangerworld

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken during first use!, 30 Nov. 2011
While I admit this was quite cheap I did not expect the side zip to break on its first use, leaving the side pocket to gap open! Not the professional image I was trying to project when taking my suit to an interview!

Hero (Posleen War)
Hero (Posleen War)
by John Ringo
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that bad!, 6 April 2011
While no where near the best in the series, this is not as bad as the other reviewers have written. It's basically a survival tale between two warriors (once some of the cannon fodder has been put out of the picture). What I did find strange is that it gives away a MAJOR development in the future story line of the world Ringo created, in books which are to be set in the past as far as this edition is concerned. Confused?

1634: The Galileo Affair (Ring of Fire Series)
1634: The Galileo Affair (Ring of Fire Series)
by Eric Flint
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars Beaten, 15 Jan. 2006
Its not often I get beaten by a book but I found this such as task to read I couldn't finish it. The previous two were action packed but when, in this novel, they started discussing a document to update the Pope on uptime 20th Catholic doctrine, I had to throw in the towel. Maybe it got better, but I for one will never find out!

The Great War: Breakthroughs
The Great War: Breakthroughs
by Harry Turtledove

5.0 out of 5 stars A war where America both wins and loses., 22 Mar. 2001
An interesting new chapter in the alternative 2nd world war. Interesting in that with most American war stories you need only look to the nationality of the author to guess which side will grasp victory. With this series the USA is split into the two waring factions of the CSA and USA so America as we see it now will both win and lose. An interesting plot idea begins to develop with the CSA's version of an early Hitler type figure, a plot I hope will be developed fully in what I hope with be a long series.