Profile for Minni mus > Reviews

Image Transfer Workshop
Image Transfer Workshop
by Darlene Olivia Mcelroy

1.0 out of 5 stars Chaos, 4 Dec. 2009
This book is about a lot of different ways to make image transferes to paper/ textiles / other surfaces. And maybe there is something important to learn here, but that is very difficult to extract from the chaotic layout and structuring of the book. Pages look similar but are about different things. Lots of pictures with little information, step- by step guides/ pictures of something different than the finished example. "Inspirational work" that looks like nothing but chaos. The book failes to make me understand a lot of what it tries to tell me, and because of the layout it is boring to turn to the next chapter. You get tired after 15 pages.
I certainly don't need this book.

Art of Basketry
Art of Basketry
by Kari Lonning

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 4 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Art of Basketry (Hardcover)
This book first takes you trough the basics og making a basket. Clear instructions an informative pictures. Then it shows how these basic skills gives you oportunities to make more playful baskets, and it gives away the secret of some realy beautiful artworks. The last part og the book shows different work from some renown basket artists. You will find beautifull artwork, learn about the thoughts of the artists and also a bit about their techniques. There is no cheap and ugly stuff here, no "look what I made" baskets, only tasteful and well crafted items.
A very informative and inspirational book, I am really glad to be the owner of a copy.

The Painted Quilt: Paint And Print Techniques For Color On Quilts: Paint and Print Techniques for Colour on Quilts
by Linda Kemshall

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 10 Mar. 2009
A very inspiring book even though my tastes when it comes to colours and motives are quite different from most of what is shown here. Still the book explains a variety of techniques that are beautifully illustrated and really worth exlopring. This book has given me a fresh approach to both sewing techniques and simple printing techniques. I liked the honest will to share what the authors themselves have discovered, that seems to be a motivation behind the book. It is not a book that covers all kinds of colouring and print techniques, it is more a book that tells what experiences artists themselves prefere. I am glad that I bought it.

Encyclopedia of Machine Embroidery
Encyclopedia of Machine Embroidery
by Val Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars what I didn' know I needed!, 29 Jan. 2009
Sometimes somebody has done a great job for you,- like the author of this book. Putting together knowledge about techniques, illustrative pictures, with a free spirit and a very unlimited view about what might be consideded "machine embroidery" topics. I love this book. I can browse trough it looking for inspiration (thanks to the many pictures), I have read it from beginning to end, and I can use it as an encyclopedia, searching for specific information.
I learned a lot about textile- art techniques, about what a normal and adavced machine can do for you, about different products that I might or might not want to experiment with, and about all the stuff that I would like to know more about in the future! Highly recomended for both the curious and the professional!