Profile for Mr. Mann > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Last Ride (Rock)
The Last Ride (Rock)

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably one of my all time favourites, 7 Jun. 2010
I first heard this song on the game Crash 'n' Burn, and I've always loved it. It's a widely unheard of song, but in my view a really great one. You can get a sense of a slightly emotional meaning if you study the lyrics, and the amazing sound of the guitar work backs this emotion very well.

I seriously recommend this song to anyone. Nearly all won't know it, but check it out. It deserves more credit than it has ever received!

Shrek The Third (Shrek 3) [DVD] (2007)
Shrek The Third (Shrek 3) [DVD] (2007)
Dvd ~ Mike Myers
Offered by Bee-Entertained

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one (if you think about it), 30 Oct. 2009
When I first saw this film with some mates, my initial reactions were "That wasn't as good as the first two", then afterwards , when I saw it with my mum (who really enjoyed it), I realised that it was the best one

The reason is quite simple; whenever a completely new film is released (the first Shrek in this case), the characters have never been seen before, so a lot of the humour comes down to their absurdity (and you can't say it didn't). When you release a sequel and prequel in turn, the characters are now much more widely known, and using this technique excessively becomes less effective, so you have to start using more humour that's a bit more "clever"

This is exactly the case here; the humour is more intelligent than the first Shrek (and maybe the second too, but not as much), and comes a lot less from things that just "are". This is why I liked the second two better than the first one; the first one was a bit too silly and absurd compared to its newer counterparts (though it was still very good)

One last thing to the other reviewers; how can you say the first one was better than the second when the second earned nearly twice as much?

In Silico
In Silico

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good, if not more so!, 19 Oct. 2009
This review is from: In Silico (Audio CD)
I suppose I'm in the minority here, but I don't really notice much overall difference between this and Hold Your Colour. Maybe if you compare Tarantula to the style of some of the tracks on here, my meaning will be a bit clearer. The only real difference for me was that there are more vocals in this album and the first use of a guitar (in The Tempest). Maybe it's just because the slight change in style doesn't bother me, I don't know.

I've loved pendulum for quite a while now and always will. The (possibly) slight change in this album from the last has swayed me less than global warming has. Who cares if there are extra vocals? The songs are still amazing!!! You could go crazy to virtually all the tracks on here.

The thing I love about Pendulum is that none of their songs are bad (in my opinion), and therefore all those on here are good. The ones that stick out for me most are the hugely catchy and addictive Showdown, Granite, Propane Nightmares, and Mutiny, The Other Side (with it's catcy lyrics), Visions (with its synthesised sounds), and The Tempest (because it is structured in a clever way that creates the mood of a storm developing). Like I said, none of them are bad, but these seem the most bold to me.

Propane Nightmares has been Pendulum's biggest hit, reaching #9 in the UK singles chart and therefore appearing on Now 70. Having said that, how could you possibly say it's rubbish with terrible lyrics?! This album itself got to #2 in the albums chart

For anyone who is unsure about this due to this supposed "change", ignore the other reviews. There are two main similarities between the two albums, one of them being that Mutiny samples lyrics from The Terminal, and the other that some tracks from both albums feature similar style lyrics (that presumably went unnoticed by everyone who hates this?)

For all of you who loved Hold Your Colour, this is a must. It's at least just as good. There's nothing wrong with the lyrics. Tarantula, The Terminal, Sounds of Life and Streamline all do similar things.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2009 7:30 PM GMT

The Two Ronnies - Series 5 [DVD]
The Two Ronnies - Series 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ronnie Barker

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one yet!, 1 Aug. 2009
About time series 5 is here, it's been ages since series 4 was released but was it worth the wait? You can bet your Dad's car it was!

As it says on the DVD, this is probably the best of all the series. I haven't seen all of them, so I don't know about that but it's certainly one of the best, if anything just because of the Fork Handles sketch! For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's basically just legendary in terms of writing and acting and is easily one of the best sketches in the history of comedy.

But it's not just that. Oh no! This is also the series that features the fantastic Phantom Raspberry Blower (written by the marvellous Spike Milligan) which features various unusual events such as a man and woman's voices swapping persons due to the shock of their attack, displaying the inept capacities of the Police force, someone having raspberries tattooed on their knees, and the main Police inspector falling into a coffin full of.....you guessed it, rapberries.

Other great moments include the speeches on behalf of the three political parties (where they each talk at once), Ronnie Corbett's monologues, the Round of Drinks, mispronunciation and GPO sketches. Each adding a further touch of genius to the series.

A must buy for any true fan. If you thought the last four series were good, you haven't seen anything yet!

Rally Havoc [DVD]
Rally Havoc [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 28 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Rally Havoc [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic stuff! Non-stop rally crashes! Im one of those people who cant get enough of car crashes, particularly rally ones. Whether youre a rally fan or not, this is for you! Anyone can watch it and enjoy it. There are loads of really bad crashes with an equal amount of small ones. The big ones are the ones that make you gasp and the small ones are always the funniest. So you can be on the edge of your seat and splitting your sides too!

Once youve started watching this, you cant get bored. Its only an hour long but what it slightly lacks in time it makes up for in content by a clear few miles!

Theyve got everything going on here. Cars falling into rivers, knocking down a bridge, smashing into rocks, demolishing a building, getting crushed by trees, rolling, flipping, losing wheels, getting stuck in snow and hitting an unlucky spectator! All this plus more!

Whoever you are, youll absoloutely love this. Next ill be getting Rally Havoc 2 and the Crash Kings: Rallying boxset(when it comes out). When i have all these, life will be perfect!!!

Crunch - The World's Greatest Stock-Car Crashes DVD Ever
Crunch - The World's Greatest Stock-Car Crashes DVD Ever
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loads of fun!, 28 Feb. 2009
Im one of those people who loves banger racing, stock cars and all related sports. If you're one of those people, this is perfect. It features a wide variety of sports and also clips from a motor show, drag racing and car jumping, which has particularly interesting results!

Good value for money too. Nearly 3 hours! It's non-stop action shoved in with music and very well done too. If you don't like watching pretty much the same stuff for too long though, you might get a bit bored. Or maybe not

So, if you're like myself, this is just the job. Bishy bashy firepower and flying cars all the way through! Great stuff!

Crank That (Soulja Boy)
Crank That (Soulja Boy)
Offered by vinylsue

1.0 out of 5 stars AAARRRGGGHHH!!!, 16 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Crank That (Soulja Boy) (Audio CD)
Oh my God!!! Where do I start?! This is the worst piece of rubbish I've ever listened to! It strains my ears just listening to it. Unfortunately, I own it because it's on NOW 69 but how it got on there is just a joke. How can something so rubbish become so successful???!!! Beats me. Whenever I hear this song I want to commit suicide.

It's so annoying. YOOOOUUUUU!!! OOOOOHHHHH!!! GO AWAY!

If you've never heard it then I envy you deeply. If you like it, well, why???

Don't buy this. Just....don't

Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS)
Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first!, 16 Feb. 2009
Well, we all thought the first one was brilliant but this is something else!!! Better graphics, analogue compatible, new characters, new storyline, more things to collect, more environments, it goes on! I first got this game when I was 9, 10, something like that: I was the happiest person in the world!!! That was before I even played it!

Another truly amazing game and again, one of the best ever. It's such a massive step up from the first one that at first, you'll think it's a completely different series! You get to control a rocket pack aswell!

This time, at first, you have to help Cortex but of course, being Cortex, he turns on you at the end! Then you have to fight him again, like in nearly all the Crash games. You build up more of a relationship with the characters because they talk to you a lot more. We are also introduced to Crash's sister, Coco.

Again, the music on this game is fantastic like in the first one. If you thought the first one was good, then buy this, and you'll know the definition of a good game!

Tom & Jerry: War of the Whiskers
Tom & Jerry: War of the Whiskers

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet very good!, 16 Feb. 2009
I'm a huge fan of Tom and Jerry. It's one of my favourite cartoons along with Looney Tunes. This game is perfect for anyone like myself who can't get enough of the show, because it features pretty much the same stuff. You'll also love it if you love going on multiplayer games with your mates and smashing the hell out of 'em!

It's a simple design for a game. You go through it smashing your opponents with loads of stuff from tables, chairs and hammers to wrenches, snowmen and the odd washing machine! You can punch, kick and body slam them too! Each character (in single player) has to beat 5 opponents to unlock a new character who then has 5 more and it goes on. In multiplayer, you can play against your friends with any characters and levels you have unlocked. You can smash up certain parts of levels to unlock costumes for that character and level and if you completely destroy a level, you get a secret weapon! Brilliant stuff!

You might get a bit bored though, if you don't like doing pretty much the same thing for too long. Otherwise, this is a great buy for any fan of the show or anyone with a passion for bombarding people with everyday items!

Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD]
Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Pegg
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Best film ever!!!!, 16 Feb. 2009
Oh my God, when I first saw this film I couldn't believe how good it was! I had to have it! I do have it now and I never get bored of watching it. It combines action and adventure with comedy perfectly.

It's so side-splittingly funny. If you love comedies you'll love this. Also, if you like stuff with guns in it, that's a bonus! It's full of fantastic one-liners and brilliant performances from all the cast. The characters are done brilliantly with a great cast such as Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Jim Broadbent and Steve Coogan. The stuff with guns appears at the end.

So, this is your perfect comedy. A word of warning though: it's not for people with weak stomachs because there's a lot of blood, people with spiky stuff going through their heads, you get the idea. Then again, you might be someone who finds this sort of stuff amusing. There's also a lot of swearing so this might put you off too.

This is the perfect action comedy of them all. You do have to be quite tolerant to watch it all the way through though

Page: 1 | 2