Profile for barclay > Reviews

Content by barclay

barclay (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge: The Ultimate Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Guide - How To Use Galaxy S7, Instructions With Advanced Tips & Tricks And Hidden Galaxy S7 Features! (S7 Edge, Android, Smartphone)

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced for a few tips, 18 Mar. 2016
Very short but having moved from an IPhone it was a useful starter.
At 50% off it would have been reasonable value but at this price it's really not worth it.

Galaxy S7 Case - ALLIGATOR Double Protection Rugged Back Cover for Samsung Galaxy S7, Black
Offered by JAMMYLIZARD

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value, 18 Mar. 2016
For the money you really can't go wrong. The quality is far higher than expected.

I've ended up using a Gear4 3DO Bookcase at 4 times the price but I'm keeping this as a backup.

TomTom Universal High Speed Dual Charger for iPod/iPhone/Smartphone
TomTom Universal High Speed Dual Charger for iPod/iPhone/Smartphone

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 6 Jan. 2016
Provide two DECENT powered outlets allowing camera or phone to recharge at the same time.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Nov. 2015
It works perfectly and so much tidier than my genuine TomTom Friction mount

Behind the Cockpit Door
Behind the Cockpit Door
by Arthur Whitlock

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional Comic Cartoonist/Airline Captain what a combination, 7 Nov. 2015
Wonderful artwork from a professional cartoonist/ Airline Captain giving an amusing insight into Commercial Flying during the 50s and 60s.
Possibly a unique flying book.A delight!

TomTom GO 5100 5 inch Sat Nav with World Maps (Sim Card and Unlimited Data Included) - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Scary Start and hasn't got much better, 6 Nov. 2015
I've only had this for a few hours so this review relates only to my initial impression which was not very positive.
Although I plugged it into my desktop ready to download updates , the TomTom software wouldn't let me do anything. The drivers were installed and the unit itself was showing a good connection. ( Windows 10 )
After removing the drivers and adding them manually the TomTom software still couldn't see my SatNav but a couple of restarts and things started to work as they should.
I downloaded all of the mapping on to the internal memory and a fast 16gb PNY brand Micro SDHC card leaving about 6gb free. It was a slow process but quicker than updating my previous Garmin Unit with Europe and USA Mapping ; mind you that is 6 years old now so it's
good to see some progress.

Very impressed with the live traffic updates as I sit by my desk although every time I disconnect from my computer I have to reset the unit so that's not good.
Less impressed by POI handling and Voice Control.

So a scary start but I like the look of things now.
Later...I've now lost Traffic Information although a full restart sorted that.
For handling my old Garmin wins the day even though the old RDS traffic was iffy ( at least it worked well in the US ). I'm knocking two stars
off. TomTom has issues much like Garmin so paying for a simple SatNav without Bells and Whistles is looking more attractive to me.

At least the GPS receiver works well even in my study. Shame that the speed limits shown on local maps are completely wrong having changed about two years ago. Never had that problem with Garmin updated mapping.
Later... keeps sending me via tiny back lanes to achieve the "fastest" routes......dangerous!!
I also use Garmin and Snooper SatNavs where road detail appears to be greater and routing more intelligent. Buy with caution.

OK now much later and I'm on to my second copy and have added 2 stars. It is still a unit that seems unstable but to overcome the freezing while updating I use the following tricks based on the reading of multiple forum entries ( I don't know why they work )

1. leave at least 400 plus mbs of free space on the internal memory .. A 16gb SD Card will take the rest of the mapping
2. Use a well powered USB Hub with a good quality lead ..disconnect other USB devices and use a fully charged SatNav
3.Plug a switched off SatNav into the computer and I allow My Drive Connect to start it.
4.Wait until the unit has fully started and is in a quiet state ie traffic and gps showing no current routes

Then I start the update process and for over one month I've been updating everything without a freeze.
At one point I relaxed my regime and got the "1minute 47sec" freeze after which I DID NOT reset as suggested by TomTom but simply switched off and went back to my regime.

In truth the software doesn't seem that stable and the absence of POIs on the mapping itself ( unlike Garmin ) is a real pain.
I think that I prefer my old Garmin Nuvi.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2015 11:50 AM GMT

FlexArmor Compact System Digital Camera Carrying Case - Fits Sony Alpha a7 , a7s , A5100 , a5000 , a5000L , A6000 , NEX-3 / NEX-3N / NEX-F3K / NEX-5 / NEX-5R / NEX-5T / NEX-5NK / NEX-6 / NEX-7 *Includes Bonus Accessory Bag* - by USA Gear
Offered by Accessory Genie

3.0 out of 5 stars Mis-sold., 12 Mar. 2015
Mis-sold as fitting a Sony A7 ; this case is tiny and is a poor fit even for my miniscule Olympus EM10.
Actual quality is good and delivery was prompt.

Good news ..it is a perfect fit for my Sigma DP3M complete with room for the essential extra batteries

Concretopia: A Journey around the Rebuilding of Postwar Britain
Concretopia: A Journey around the Rebuilding of Postwar Britain

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely written and easy to read, 24 Feb. 2015
As a child of the 50s "New Addington" experiment I felt in tune with the author's analysis of post war Britain town planning.
Nicely written and easy to read.

Supercharging the Olympus OM-D E-M10: Make it easier to use & more powerful, too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Finding your way through the Olympus Menus, 24 Feb. 2015
An excellent guide to setting up your EM10 to suit your needs.
Just wish there had been a print copy - also available for the IPad

Plug In with Nik: A Photographer's Guide to Creating Dynamic Images with Nik Software

2.0 out of 5 stars Limited Copies, 29 Oct. 2014
Disappointed that the number of allowable copies does not match the number of Ipads and Kindles that I own ( 4 or 5)
I don't recall such a restriction being mentioned and nothing else I have purchased is so restricted.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4