Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Foo Fighters Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for groovyf > Reviews

Content by groovyf

groovyf (UK)

4U USB 3.1 Type C to Mini DisplayPort/Mini DP Adapter Cable With Aluminium Case Support 4K UHD for MacBook Pro 2017/2016,iMac 2017,Dell XPS 13,Galaxy S8/S8+, ChromeBook Pixel(No Support Thunderbolt Interface's Monitor),Silver
Offered by Weini Electronic

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Apple's Target Display Mode, 6 July 2017
I wanted to connect my MacBook Pro 2016 (Touch Bar) to my Late-2009 iMac 27" in Target Display Mode to use as a second screen, and after some hunting around managed to find the correct combination of adapter/cable.
This adapter along with this cable ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CNONEH6 ) now allows me to use the iMac as a secondary display for the MacBook Pro 2016

CableCreation 6ft/1.8M Gold Mini DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort Cable, Connect Macbook/Mac Mini to iMac (2009-2010 version) Dell U3415W/U2414H AH-IPS/U3014 4K Monitors that has Mini DisplayPort Port. White
Offered by Cable.Creation

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Apple's Target Display Mode, 6 July 2017
This cable along with this adapter ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LY7DEQU ) now allows me to use the iMac as a secondary display.

Bus Info
Bus Info

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful!, 24 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Bus Info (App)
A useful skill, and would be nice to have an option to know how many minutes until the next bus (as opposed to just a time)

Sony MDR-XB50AP In-Ear Extra Bass Headphones with In-Line Control - Black
Sony MDR-XB50AP In-Ear Extra Bass Headphones with In-Line Control - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent earphones for the price, 13 Sept. 2016
For a good few years I've been looking to replace an ageing pair of Sony MDR-EX71 earphones with no success as all others never seemed to match the bass response I was after. Having tried Sennheiser, other Sony models, a pair of Klipsch, none have given me what I was after until I got these MDR-XB50AP.
Excellent bass response with clear higher frequencies, and they sound louder than other pairs I've tried at the same source volume level.
I have replaced the supplied tips with a set of Comply 200 series foam tips which also helps with the sound isolation, and for me, helps them stay in the ear even better.

Zyxel 1000Mbps Pass-Thru Powerline Adapter 2-port Gigabit Ethernet 2-Pack [PLA5206V2-GB0201F]
Offered by Zyxel Communications UK Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought this item. It was fulfilled by DB Technology ..., 5 April 2016
Bought this item. It was fulfilled by DB Technology srl - however, despite the image showing UK plug, the device sent was Euro plug. Be careful!
Item will be returned as not fit for purpose.

The Bomb Shelter Sessions
The Bomb Shelter Sessions

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep your ears open for these guys, 20 April 2011
Yet another person who heard them on Jools Holland show 19th April and was instantly drawn to the powerful and raw energy they have - without a doubt the highlight of the show. My ears certainly perked up when they came on.
The sound they have really seems to suit being played live, but from the previews of the songs here I'm pleased it made the crossover to studio recording.
Shame about no CD yet, but happy to grab the MP3s anyway.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2011 12:09 PM BST

Le Noise
Le Noise

4.0 out of 5 stars Raw and powerful, 12 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Le Noise (Audio CD)
I wasn't a fan of his last release " Fork In The Road", but this is a different beast altogether. Raw and stripped down, (the kind of recorded sound I'm a big fan of, especially Neil's - most stuff these days is over-produced) with long lingering notes and feedback.
At times it reminds me of simply being at one of his concerts.

Highly recommended.

Farm
Farm
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars What guitar-based music is all about, 28 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Farm (Audio CD)
I'll be short and sweet with this one. Quite simply it's the best thing they've put out since Where You Been, and this new album of theirs is one of the reasons why I like guitar-based music.

The 4 minute extended solo/jam that rounds off I Don't Wanna Go There is worth the purchase price alone - sounding like something Frank Zappa could have put together in his heyday.
Once you get to the 2nd track, "I Want You To Know", you know you won't be disappointed by the rest of it.

I'm simply amazed they can still put together such raw, yet tuneful songs after all these years, when many other bands mellow out.

My Oracle Lives Uptown
My Oracle Lives Uptown

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to form, 7 May 2009
This is a really excellent album. In my opinion it's Orbit back on form, with this one reminding me of his StrangeCargoHinterland CD (his best to date in my eyes.)
If you liked Hinterland, you'll definitely wig out on this.
A must-have purchase for Orbit fans.