Profile for Winnie Chief > Reviews

Content by Winnie Chief

Winnie Chief "corby woman" (Charente, France)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Unforgettable: Short Stories
Unforgettable: Short Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable., 1 Jun. 2016
I wish I could write as well as Paulette Alden. To begin with, the stories didn't seem like the sort that I would read but I got drawn in by the excellent prose and the way comparatively small episodes in a person's life, which would mean very little to outsiders, became something to sympathise, empathise with. Truly unforgettable and unputtdownable.

Death Comes eCalling (Book 1, Molly Masters Mysteries)
Death Comes eCalling (Book 1, Molly Masters Mysteries)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 May 2016
Brilliant writing style, error-free and very witty. Good storyline. Very hard book to put down. I liked the characters even though it was hard to identify with them because I'm not a small-town American housewife. I would easily have given this 5 stars except I'm not sure I understood all the e-mail references. Would highly recommend the book despite that.

Skeletons in the Closet (Laundry Hag Series, Book 1)
Skeletons in the Closet (Laundry Hag Series, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable and light, 12 April 2016
I nearly didn't bother with buying this: the reviews didn't seem that good. I'm glad I did. I liked the main character, loved her sense of humour. Perhaps it doesn't have the most realistic story line but is so well-written and so amusing, that doesn't matter. I really didn't want to finish it because it was such a wonderful get-away-from-problems type a book. Recommend it - as long as you do have the right type of humour.

The Moonglow Cafe
The Moonglow Cafe

5.0 out of 5 stars Moonglows, 6 April 2016
This review is from: The Moonglow Cafe (Kindle Edition)
Loved it. Good and believable storyline, characters likeable and 'real', well written and sometimes witty. Well recommended.

Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 1)
Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 17 Mar. 2016
Excellent. Loved most of the characters. Thought story was a little gruesome on occasion but the twists were enjoyable and suspense-ful. ~The ending was a little rushed but very satisfactory. If you like well-crafted detective novels with a fair number of puns, this is highly recommended,.

The Seven Steps to Closure
The Seven Steps to Closure

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Winner, 15 Mar. 2016
I loved it. Brilliant storyline, realistic conversation between the main characters, sex scenes not used as page-fillers but fitted in with the rest of the book, descriptions of India truly authentic (I lived there for a short time), proof-reading and editing unbelievably good for any book and especially for some of Kindle's freebies.

Probably one of the best books I've read for a long time and I hated finishing it.

WANNA GET LUCKY? (The Lucky O'Toole Vegas Adventure Series Book 1)
WANNA GET LUCKY? (The Lucky O'Toole Vegas Adventure Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Nov. 2015
Loved this book. It takes a lot to make me leave my Tablet and go to my Kindle but this is one of those books I hate to put down. I like the writing - dry, witty, well edited - and the characters especially Lucky who is not the silly little woman who does a high powered job but falls to pieces at the arrival of the first halfway decent man. The story is interesting and keeps the reader's attention. I'll be really sorry when I get to the end as I'm rationing myself to one page an hour but still only have 5% left. I hate people who write a review when they've hardly started the book but I can't see that much is going to change my mind in these last few pages Highly recommended though I really don't think the cover does the book justice.

Fatal Flowers (The Serial Killer Chronicles Book 1)
Fatal Flowers (The Serial Killer Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A year's worth of terror in one book, 6 Nov. 2015
I've never before opened a novel that is too frightening and suspenseful to use as bedtime reading. It is brilliantly written. The characters are so 'real' that I didn't (as I so often have to) need to use x-ray to remember who they were. I liked most of them: the exception will become fairly obvious as you read the book. There is quite a lot of description of places, people and events but none of it is superfluous to the story. I thought it was a wonderful book, almost worth gushing over except I don't gush. Highly recommended if you can cope with being so scared!

The Little Kiosk By The Sea: A Perfect Summer Beach Read
The Little Kiosk By The Sea: A Perfect Summer Beach Read

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly good, 28 Oct. 2015
I 'bought' this knowing I could delete it as soon as I got bored only it didn't bore me once. It was one of those you stay awake reading not because of the suspense but just because it was such a wonderful tightly-written story (with hardly any grammatical/spelling errors which gives any book a lot of points). I liked most of the main characters, enjoyed gradually watching the relationship between them unfold and found the ending - which came far too soon - to be realistically happy. It should be noted as well by a lot of other authors that this held my interest throughout despite (perhaps because of) a marked lack of page-filling gore and/or sex. Highly recommended.

Girl's Guide to Witchcraft: A Humorous Paranormal Romance (Jane Madison Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!, 1 Oct. 2015
The word 'Witchcraft' nearly put me off but the word 'Humorous' made me to decide to give it a try. After all, freebies can be deleted after the first page. Am SO glad I went for the 'Humorous' word as this is one of the wittiest and most enjoyable books I've read recently. Even if the storyline was mildly far-fetched, the characters were so believable and so likeable it didn't matter at all. Proof-reading was also very good - and bad proof-reading increases my dislike of a book as I used to be a proof-reader so can spot an error a paragraph away. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13