Profile for blue24 > Reviews

blue24

Groomers Oatmeal and Honey Shampoo 2.5 litre
Groomers Oatmeal and Honey Shampoo 2.5 litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shampoo and great value, 27 Oct. 2015
My tub of Groomers Evening Primrose Oil shampoo had nearly run out, and when I went to buy a new one I saw that the Oatmeal and Honey one was recommended for sensitive skin, so thought it was worth trying as the dog had had a small patch of eczema like skin irritation for a couple of weeks. Used it a couple of times now, and his skin has cleared up completely, so really pleased. I also prefer the scent of this shampoo compared the the evening primrose oil one, it's a more natural and neutral scent. It leaves his fur lovely and soft and silky, and is excellent value compared to the price of the small bottles you get in pet stores.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit big for the Nikon Coolpix S7000, 27 Oct. 2015
Nice case, but felt that it was a bit too big for the Nikon Coolpix S7000. The camera itself is small enough to go in a pocket, but because the case is a bit over large for the camera, once the camera is in the case it really has to go in a bag.

FreshaTank anti-microbial disc, everlasting water cleaner
FreshaTank anti-microbial disc, everlasting water cleaner
Offered by Techspa

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work at all, 27 Oct. 2015
I bought this to put in the horses water tubs in the field, as theoretically if it worked I wouldn't have to scrub them out as often. They have two water tubs side by side, so I scrubbed both of them out and filled them, then put the disc in one of them. Didn't work at all, the tub with the disc in went green etc. at the exact same rate as the one beside it without the disc in, waste of money that went straight in the bin.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Work well and taste great, 27 Oct. 2015
I bought these during the summer to see if they helped with the headaches I was getting while exercising. It's something that I've always been prone to if I get dehydrated, but when it was hot I seemed to be getting headaches no matter how much water I drank. I didn't need extra energy/calories, so electrolyte tablets seemed like a great idea. They were really effective, no more headaches, easy to carry round in their tube, and great value for money given the number of drinks you can make up with one tube of tablets. I usually drink water, so I was a bit worried that I'd find the taste too sweet or artificial, but I got the pink grapefruit and it has a very nice refreshing taste.

Groomers Aquasorb Towel - Medium
Groomers Aquasorb Towel - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - just bought another one!, 27 Oct. 2015
Bought on the strength of the reviews after seeing a link to it when buying a new tub of dog shampoo, and even though the idea of using a towel that you kept damp seemed a bit strange I thought that it was worth a try at the price. Couldn't be more pleased. It's amazingly absorbent, so instead of using several old towels (which then need washed) to dry the dog after I've bathed him, this is all I need. It also seems to manage to get him a lot dryer than regular towels did, so he's drying off a lot faster, which he certainly appreciates now the weather is colder! It was so good I tried it on the horse too, obviously a lot bigger, but worked just as well, I just wrung it out as I went. Size wise, it's a good size but not too big, any bigger and it would be difficult to rinse and wring out. It also seems to come up nice and clean without having to wash it, it was was pretty dirty after using it on the horse, but a rinse under the hot tap with a little washing up liquid and it came up like new. The towel also fits very neatly into the plastic container for storage, and the container seems robust enough that it's not going to fall apart any time soon.

Robin: Lady of Legend (The Classic Adventures of the Girl Who Became Robin Hood)

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun twist on a classic, 11 Feb. 2012
This is a must read, an enjoyable twist on the classic Robin Hood story that you won't want to put down. It does require some suspension of belief, for example the heroine learns to talk like a man within a day, but you're soon swept away with the story. The author doesn't simply retell Robin Hood with Robin as a women, instead the tale is re-imagined and reinvented with different plot points and different relationships between the characters. Unfortunately the ending feels a little rushed and a little contrived (the author is clearly providing a lead in to a sequel), but only a little, and I sincerely hope the author writes that sequel!

Containment
Containment

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read for Sci-Fi fans, 2 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Containment (Kindle Edition)
When I downloaded this book the authors entire catalogue was free so I must admit that I wasn't really expecting a great deal, but thought that I may as well give it a try. I'm happy to say that it exceeded my expectations, it's a well written book with a solid plot, good characterisation and a nice twist at the end. The only problem I had with it was the tendency of the author to use info dumps to convey scientific/technical details. I've read a lot of hard sci-fi and have no problem with the inclusion of such detail, but it needs to be done a lot more smoothly as it interrupts the pace of the story at times. In fact the story read much more smoothly when I started skimming some of these passages. However, I still read this story in one sitting, and would recommend it to any sci-fi fan.

Child of the Ghosts
Child of the Ghosts

4.0 out of 5 stars Seconded - if you like Maria V. Snyder you'll enjoy this, 17 Jan. 2012
I agree completely with the reviewer who said that Child of the Ghosts is very similar in tone to Maria V. Snyder's study series (though unlike her work there is no great romance).

Moeller world builds very well, and his characters are well drawn. The plot isn't particularly original or surprising, the heroine comes from a difficult family background and after her beloved father is killed and she is tortured by the evil wizard she trains to become an assassin and goes on to save the day.

I like the way that Moeller spent a great deal of the book focusing on Caina's training, allowing the reader to follow the development of her character and her character's skills, she doesn't just instantly become a deadly assassin. Along side this Moeller weaves details of what the evil wizard is up to, and it culminates in an exciting confrontation.

Overall, a well written book that I would recommend.

Expressions of Freedom
Expressions of Freedom

5.0 out of 5 stars Great short story, 17 Jan. 2012
I downloaded this for free based on the reviews already posted, and have to say that I agree completely. It's a very well drawn short story set in an all too believable future that races along, a thought provoking page turner.