Profile for Robert Hennah > Reviews

Content by Robert Hennah

Robert Hennah (Wales, UK)

The Cycle of Arawn: The Complete Trilogy
The Cycle of Arawn: The Complete Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 15 Nov. 2016
A gripping trilogy and a steal at the sale price of just a couple £. I purchased the trilogy due to the price tag, having read it I know that it's worth the full price of each individual book combined and will gladly pay for the next series continuing the adventures of Dante and Blays.

Harry Potter and The Cursed Child - Parts One and Two: The Official Script Book of the Original West End Production (Special Rehearsal Edition)
by J.K. Rowling

3.0 out of 5 stars No masterpiece but still, a Potter fix, 24 Sept. 2016
Nice to have a continuation of the Harry Potter story but I can't help but feel let down by this outing. Our heroes are portrayed as lucky opportunists who have previously been successful through chance as much as through their various abilities.
**slight spoiler**
The theory that Harry is a poor father figure because he didn't have a father figure to emulate is rubbish when Harry had more father figures than anyone else between Sirius, Lupin, Dumbledore and Mr Wesley.
It's always nice to re-imerse in the world of Harry Potter but this just seems more like fan fiction than J K Rowlings sole efforts.
On the bright side, as a play production it makes for a simple and quick read for a quick Potter fix.

Fancy Buttons 14 different Sizes & Patterns Silicone Mould Mold for Cake Decorating Cake Cupcake Toppers Icing Sugarcraft Tool by Fairie Blessings
Offered by Fairie Blessings

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 24 Sept. 2016
Beautiful selection of buttons, I used this for a lalaloopsy cake for my niece and the buttons came out beautifully. It arrived within a couple of days and made a huge difference to the appearance of the cake compared to a standard button cutter.

Evecase iKiz Multi Function Child / Shock Proof Kids Cover Case with Stand / Handle for Apple iPad 2nd / 3rd / 4th Generation Tablet (iPad 2/3/4, Blue)
Offered by Fashion 360

5.0 out of 5 stars reliable and hardwearing, 6 Sept. 2016
Fantastic case to protect your Ipad. My autistic son has a tendency to throw things. I first bought one of these covers over two years ago and only now replacing it as the other was starting to suffer from wear and tear. Despite many throws the Ipad is in perfect condition, not even a scratch. For protection purposes this case is second to none.
I was sent an incorrect case by mistake on this occasion but there were no quibbles with the seller who sent the correct case out to me as soon as I reported the error.

Bluetooth Headset EX-01 GIOTECK (PS3)
Bluetooth Headset EX-01 GIOTECK (PS3)
Offered by TIFC_Store

5.0 out of 5 stars For a high price it's good, for this price it's amazing!, 15 Jun. 2009
I bought this headset from Game a few months ago, there was an offer on it making it only £15 when bought with a game and as I had £54 credit and was buying a new game anyway I figured, why not.
I got it home and charged it up over three hours, it's a long time but that is due to the trickle charge through a usb cable. This is convenient in the long run as you can keep the cable with your PS3 and plug the headset in for a quick charge after a gaming session (as recommended in the instructions), doing this also means that the piece may not become completely devoid of charge and so shouldn't take 3 hrs to charge up in future.

The headset was a breeze to setup with my PS3. My PS3 is connected to the internet using wi-fi but there were no interference problems affecting my internet or my playstation network login.

There can be some sound interference, however, if the preferences are set correctly in the PS3 audio menu this can be drastically reduced, I have my audio levels at medium level 3, there is slight interference but I find this comforting as it is not enough to annoy but enough to let me know that the ear piece is functioning properly even when no-one is saying anything.

The design of the ear piece makes it comfortable to wear, I'm no stranger to head sets, I use a barracuda headset on my pc as well as having used others throughout the years including bluetooth headsets for my mobile phones and this is one of the more comfortable pieces I have experienced wearing, it can be worn for long periods without causing pain or discomfort.

My only gripe with this piece is that there is no way to check the charge level. The indicator will flash green if the charge is low or be at blue if it is not low but that is it. A visual charge bar like that used for the six axis controllers would be useful but there isn't one.

I've read alot of reviews and they seem very mixed, the negatives I have read state that this hardware can be difficult to pair, have alot of sound interference, affect internet and controller connections, breaks easy and is uncomfortable.

My personal opinion refutes most of these claims. I am an avid gamer and have been for over 15 years, I consider myself knowledgable in hardware and experienced in gaming issues etc.

This ear piece is easy to pair even if you have never done this before, the instructions are clear, short and precise....ina a word, easy. The sound interference is minimal and certainly acceptable but make sure you set the audio settings to meet your needs and preferences! One could eliminate the interference completely by using a low level setting. The ear piece has not affected any of my network or internet connections, my controller has functioned perfectly so no negative affects there either. The ear piece seems durable, and I have used it regularly for the last 5, 6, months or more, so it is not easily breakable or fragile. The layer of foam between the ear piece and the wearer's ear makes it comfortable to wear for short or long periods of time. The mouth piece can be angled to pick up sounds better, whether you prefer to have to shout so as not to activate the mic too frequently by accident or perhaps if you prefer it to pick up a whisper before it leaves your lips.

I highly recommend this piece of hardware to anyone, casual or veteran gamers alike. At such a low price to not buy such a brilliant piece of equipment that adds so much entertainment value to your gameplay experience would be criminal.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2015 10:28 PM BST