Profile for Phil B > Reviews

Content by Phil B

Phil B

Page: 1 | 2
iPhone SE Case, Rankie iPhone SE 5S 5 Case Shock-Absorption Bumper with Anti-Scratch Clear Back (Gold)
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great match with iPhone SE, 23 April 2016
Very pleased with the case. It provides the extra protection you need, whilst still retaining the look of the unprotected phone.

Belkin Neoprene Deluxe Armband for iPhone 4/4S - Black and Yellow
Belkin Neoprene Deluxe Armband for iPhone 4/4S - Black and Yellow
Offered by SEDIVA UK

3.0 out of 5 stars The band is a bit big for thin arms, 6 Feb. 2014
Overall, the product is reasonable, but the arm band won't adjust small enough for the trimmer female figure, which is how many regular runners are built.
Also, the clear plastic front does fog up with some stuff (not condensation) and it is quite hard to clean to make it transparent again.
My Wife bought a better one from Decathlon for a tenner!
For me, it does fit and I can put up with the occasional clean.
I will say that when I use it going running, everything else about it is good.

Apple AirPort Express
Apple AirPort Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it a lot!, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Apple AirPort Express (Accessory)
I am using my Airport Express as a WiFi Extender and Bridge using the LAN port at the back to link to my Sky Box.
It is connected wirelessly to an Airport Extreme Base Station and together they have been absolutely trouble free.
After loads of problems with previous routers and extenders from other manufacturers, this has reconfirmed my view that Apple really is the best, at least in my humble experience.

Huawei WS320 Wi-Fi Repeater Mini Wifi amplifier Range Extender - UK 3-pin Plug
Huawei WS320 Wi-Fi Repeater Mini Wifi amplifier Range Extender - UK 3-pin Plug
Offered by total digital stores

1.0 out of 5 stars About as good as the Huawei Router it was linked to.. Not at all!, 6 Feb. 2014
The first one I purchased didn't connect to the Hauwei router at all and I exchanged it.
Amazon got me a replacement within 24 hours :-)
The second one worked, when plugged in right next to the router, but lost connection only a few meters away, so I returned that also.
Perhaps the router was the main issue, I replaced that the following day.
But either way, I cannot recommend you go for anything with the Huawei badge on it in my experience.

Belkin Quilted Case with Stand for iPad Mini and iPad Mini 3 in Red
Belkin Quilted Case with Stand for iPad Mini and iPad Mini 3 in Red
Offered by BizTech

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, good quality, 6 Feb. 2014
I bought 2 of these, one for the Wife and one for my Daughter.
Even after 12 months of regular use, they still look great.
I also like the added protection they give if you should drop the iPad.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't tell the Wife how much it cost, but it is fantastic!, 6 Feb. 2014
I am a real sucker for stylish gadgets and stuff.
I love my Mac and I wanted a mouse mat that lives up to the same standard.
I can't say that you will agree that it's worth the money, after all, it does the same job as one from Poundland.
But now I can admire my desk with pride.
I spend a lot of time sat at it... a lot longer than I would one night out with the Wife, forking out the same amount of cash on a pub meal.
That justifies the cost for me, but like I said, best not to tell the Wife!

Grunwerg Vacuum Drink Pod Capsule Flask, Black, 0.2litre
Grunwerg Vacuum Drink Pod Capsule Flask, Black, 0.2litre
Offered by Harts Of Stur

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish flask if you want something small and neat, 6 Feb. 2014
I am a sucker for style, but hopefully not over substance, and this is the most stylish little flask I could find.
I purchased the flask to take a little milk to work each day for making tea, not having access to a fridge.
Honestly, it keeps the milk cool and fresh all day and is just big enough.
The only thing I have to do is to remove the seals regularly, which is quite easy, as milk stuck behind them doesn't rinse away readily and at the end of the first week of use, the flask began to smell a bit.
But after learning that trick, no smells since.
I haven't used it for hot drinks, so can't comment directly, but if it keeps stuff cold, then I assume it will keep it hot just as well.

Apple 802.11AC Airport Extreme (Launched June 2013)
Apple 802.11AC Airport Extreme (Launched June 2013)

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but really worth it!, 6 Feb. 2014
Only 6 months ago I purchased a WD N900 Router which has been nothing but a pain in the ass!
At the time, I considered an Airport Extreme, but it did seem a little expensive.
So I went with the N900, but I found it would constantly drop the WiFi signal and need powering down to reboot it.
It was only recently whilst trying to find a solution that I found out that this is a very common problem and there really isn't an answer.
So back to the Airport Extreme... what a joy to have a reliable connection 24/7. I have never yet had to reboot it and the signal strength is better than any router I have tried as yet.
I would say it is a typical Apple product, expensive, but well designed and reliable.
I know nothing is 100% bullet proof and there are people out there who have had problems with Apple gear, but my experience since going the Apple route full on in the last 12 months has been spot on.
I already had an iPhone, but now also have an iMac and an iPad, plus a bunch of peripherals like the Airport Extreme and an Airport Express as an extender/bridge.
Now I only have the Wife's Windows 8 ( or is it Windows hate?) laptop to drive me mad when she has problems with it.
So, if you can stretch to the extra dosh, consider my experience and go for it.
ps. Anybody want to buy a 6 month old WD N900?

USA Gear Messenger Tablet Bag Shoulder Case with Water-Resistant Bottom & Organiser Pocket for Work , School , Travel - Will fit Apple iPad , Samsung Galaxy , NVIDIA , ASUS , Linx , LG , Haehne , Lenovo , Microsoft , BTC Tablets & Accessories
Offered by Techccessorize UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality bag - great value, 22 Jan. 2014
Bought this bag to transport my iPad Air around safely. Adjustable dividers allow you to create a narrow pocket for the iPad leaving plenty of room for other gear. Great idea to have a plastic covered base area to keep it clean if you place it on the ground. Looks wise, it's basically styled like a laptop bag, but smaller, so it doesn't look like you are carrying around a hand bag that's been branded as a "man bag".

Satechi Premium 4 Port Aluminium USB Hub (9.5" cable) for iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook, and Mac Mini
Offered by SATECHI

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect compliment to genuine Apple gear, 18 Jan. 2014
This is a great little hub that perfectly matches the Mac, keyboard and trackpad.
Works exactly as it should and has a short lead which is ideal so as to avoid those messy trailing leads which clutter my workspace!

Page: 1 | 2