Profile for CycleRacing > Reviews

Content by CycleRacing
Top Reviewer Ranking: 34

CycleRacing (England)
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
icefox® 3.0" FHD Dash Cam, 170° Wide Angle 12MP Car Dashboard Camera with Night Vision, G-sensor, Digital Video Recorder, WDR, 6-Glass Lens and Motion Detection
Offered by vivocom

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 16 July 2016
This is a very smart and good functioning car cam.

Out of the box, the first thing that surprise me was the miniature size of the cam. It is really quite small but at the same time not at all flimsy - it has some weight to it.

Although small, the screen on the back is big enough to be able to see properly.

It is very easy to set up and it is quite intuitive and easy to understand he proves and to get going with.

The recordings and photos it produces are very clear. Crystal clear. The night vision is als exceptionally good meaning that you are able to get decent recordings in darker conditions. It records in HD and it really does do an excellent job.

I like the fact that you can leave this cam on standby and it will be activated if there is movement around the car. It seems a really good security device to me and means I leave my car with extra confidence.

I'm really pleased with this can and I think it represents excellent quality.

Recommended.

I received this item a no cost to myself specifically to provide and honest and unbiased review.

Mardingtop 30L Hiking Daypack/Camping Backpack/Travel Daypack/Casual Backpack for Outdoor Climbing School
Offered by Mardingtop Outdoor

5.0 out of 5 stars Backpack, 16 July 2016
This is a really good bag, and I particularly like the colours!

Its size means that it is a perfect bag for a full days hiking, easily fitting coat, jumper, food, drink and any other bits and pieces in.

It is comfortable and padded to carry even when the bag has a significant amount of items in it giving it some weight.

It has three main compartments. The biggest one is a really good size and also has an elastic insert pocket in it - the section can be used for a laptop or tablet easily enough.

The next pocket is slightly smaller but still a good size. This section also has a zipped pocket inside with a mesh outer.

The smallest pocket / section of the bag is the smallest but it is ideal for wallets, keys, mobile phone etc and has more than adequate space for all of these.

On the outside of the bag there are two elastic mesh pockets (one on each side) in which you can put a drinks bottle. There are tw hooks - I have hung a solar power bank off one of these.

Overall, this is a really nice and extremely functional bag. I really like it.

Recommended.

I received this item at no cost to myself specifically to provide an honest and unbiased review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

ION Audio Block Rocker (IPA76C) | 50 W Portable Bluetooth Sound System with Microphone and Power Bank
Offered by TKGIFTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 16 July 2016
This speaker is just fantastic - I'm totally bowled over by it.

There is no denying that it is big. But this is part of the reason why it's so good! ...

Out of the box I immediately charged it. It came with a fair amount of charge already in it. This done I got to using it.

The on /off button is on the back and following this, turning on Bluetooth and pairing with you device is a very quick and straightforward process. I have found it links with iPad and iPhone with no problems.

I suggest before you start playing music on this you turn the volume right down!! It can play very loudly and in my case I jumped out of my skin when it started playing....

The sound it produces inside is very very clear and there is no noticeable distortion even t higher level volumes. I play all kinds of different music and it performs well for many different styles.

It's real draw is outside though. Here, the volume can be unleashed somewhat. Especially if like me you live in the countryside (just a few people to irritate rather than lots!). We have had it outside for a garden Bbq / party. The volume can easily be cranked up easily for everyone to be able to hear the music. We didn't even get to maximum volume.

The speaker also comes supplied with a mic. So - karaoke is also very feasible with this!!!

Overall I think this is an excellent product - I very highly recommend it.

I was glen this item at no cost to provide an honest and impartial review.

VonHaus 3m x 2m Walk-In Polytunnel Greenhouse with Steel Frame
VonHaus 3m x 2m Walk-In Polytunnel Greenhouse with Steel Frame
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and durable, 7 July 2016
This polytunnel is absolutely brilliant! I've had it up in the garden for about a week now - it is still standing strong and doing a really good job.

Upon arrival it comes in one box. A REALLY heavy box.

To assemble it takes a couple of people. I enrolled my mother in law and husband for this task. There isn't anything particularly complicated about putting it together and although a couple of mistakes were made along the way they were easily rectified.

The polytunnel is a good size- make sure you have left adequate space before putting it up.

Once up it is good. You have the option of opening the zip for the door to let air in, or closing it to build up some heat. The 'windows' have mesh which is good for not allowing bugs in.

The whole thing is very solid and strong. There is nothing flimsy about it and I believe that it is good quality.

I think our veg are going to flourish in here!

Recommended.

*I received this item at no cost, specifically to give an honest review*

ION Audio Plunge | Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker with Built-in Rechargeable Battery, Microphone and Virtual Assistant Control

5.0 out of 5 stars The ION audio plunge speaker is a really good, rugged and well built speaker which gives an ..., 29 Jun. 2016
The ION audio plunge speaker is a really good, rugged and well built speaker which gives an an excellent sound.

Upon arrival, it comes well packaged and immediately gives the impression of a quality and expensive speaker.

In the box itself you will find:

* speaker
* usb cable
* warranty leaflet
* Aux cable (3.5mm)
* user instructions

The speaker gives a 20 watt stereo sound, is Bluetooth enabled and is also waterproof.

In use, it is a simple matter to connect up to your Bluetooth enabled device. I've been using it with my iPad and iPhone, and it literally takes seconds to pair them up.

The speaker is definitely what I would call rugged on appearance. It has rubberised edges and I get the feeling that the children and myself using it inside and out leading to carrying, Knocks and bumps will not harm it at all.

The sound is excellent. It is balanced across the ranges. You can notch the volume up very high with very little distortion... Nothing there to bother most normal listeners. I'm not used to such small speakers giving such good clarity - that has really impressed me. I've used it to play classical music and louder pop music with a decent beat and it performs well for both.

The speaker is waterproof. You can even float it in the bath! The points for charging etc are safe behind a screw lid.

This speaker has obviously had some thought put into its design, and as a result it looks and performs well.

Would recommend!

Please note, I received this item at no cost to myself for review purposes.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bamboo Shoe Rack, Hapilife 2 Tier Wooden Shoe Rack Bench Storage Organiser 70 x 27 x 45cm Made of 100% Natural Bamboo Max Load Capacity up to 100KG
Offered by HST MALL

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, practical, looks nice, 16 Jun. 2016
I received this item specifically to review at no cost to myself.

This is a nice shoe rack, which has immediately solved a messy shoe problem in our house!...

Upon arrival it comes flat packed. I was surprised by how light the box was. However, all parts were present and correct plus one extra screw. The only thing missing appeared to be instructions - there was nothing telling me how to put the thing together. Admittedly this turned out to be a fairly straight forward process - but instructions would be good.

It took me about half an hour to put together and once done I was pleased with the result. It is solid and sturdy. The information says it can take up to 100kg of weight. I've no idea about that but it easily took my two children sitting on it.

There is plenty of space for shoes. With my younger child's shoes they are small enough to have two pairs - one on top of each other - leaving even more space.

My husband wears size 11 shoes and they fit in although they do stick out the side slightly.

I can see that this rack could be used for other purposes also. For example in the bathroom, storing towels on the shelves perhaps.

Overall it seems to be really good quality. It fitted together well. The wood seems strong. It looks nice and is also really practical and functional.

Esther the Wonder Pig: Changing the World One Heart at a Time
Esther the Wonder Pig: Changing the World One Heart at a Time
by Steve Jenkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Jun. 2016
I was so excited about the release of this book.

I have been following Esther online (Facebook) for some time now and she never fails to make me smile.

Her story is heartwarming. You really feel you get to know her - Before Esther I didn't realise what huge personalities pigs have!...

Absolutely great and would hugely recommend.

Wireless Bluetooth Headphones aptX, Mixcder Ghost Over Ear Headsets with 20-Hour Music Palytime and CVC 6.0 Noise Cancellation, Surround Sound Deep Bass Stereo, Wireless and Wired Earphones with Hands-Free Mic for iPhone, Android & More (Black)
Offered by Simon's Gadgets

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, 5 Feb. 2016
I received these headphones, at no cost to myself, in return for an honest and unbiased review.

Upon arrival, the headphones come smartly packaged and neatly packed.

The first thing I noticed is how unusual they look in terms of their pattern. They are pretty unique! I like them very much visually although my partner claims they are 'girly'!

They are very easy to charge through the supplied USB cable. They didn't take too long to charge completely. I left them for about a couple of hours.

It was a simple matter to pair the headphones up with my iPad. The headphones gave a passcode, but I didn't need to use it.

In use, for listening to music, I have tried them with a variety including light rock, pop and classical. They have an extremely crisp and clear sound. The sound is pretty even throughout although I would like a slightly heavier bass. Overall though they are good. You can control the volume etc either through little buttons on the headphones or through the device you are using to play music.

In terms of using them to make a hands free call I had a few problems. I made the call through my iPhone very easily. I could hear the person I was speaking to very well. However they said the clarity from my end was quite poor and that I was unclear. I have tried this several times with the same results.

Overall, these are good headphones for general listening and are unique looking!

Braun Thermoscan 7 IRT6520 Thermometer - Age Precision - Pack of 1
Braun Thermoscan 7 IRT6520 Thermometer - Age Precision - Pack of 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, 4 Feb. 2016
This thermometer has been very useful for us. We had an earlier model of it which was simpler. This thermometer has a coloured screen. You turn it on and then pick the age of the person you are taking the temperature of. You have three choices:
* 0-3 months
* 3-36 months
* 36 months +

The idea is that when you take the temperature, the screen will not only tell you the result, but it will also 'warn' you if the temperature is too high. For example, my three year old had a temperature of just over 40 a few weeks ago when she got an infection, and the screen lit up red - indicating we needed to get her some medical attention (which we had already done...). If you are knowledgeable about temperatures etc I suppose it is a bit of a gimmick in this sense - but for a new parent or someone who is not so knowledgeable it would be a useful feature.

Importantly, this thermometer seems to give exactly the same reading as the ones used at the doctors surgery - therefore I would assume it is likely to be pretty accurate.

We are pleased with it.

Grey's Anatomy - Season 1-11 [DVD]
Grey's Anatomy - Season 1-11 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ellen Pompeo

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 4 Feb. 2016
I discovered Grey's Anatomy on Amazon Prime - and was watching for free - got up to season 3 and it was removed from Prime! So we bought this set.

It is really very good. The character development through the episodes and the seasons is good and you really feel that you get to know the characters well as time goes on. There are some quite dramatic scenes and I suppose to non medics some quite gory scenes. But the medical information behind a lot of it is good and well informed. Besides all medical, you follow the characters lives... Their loves, their losses, their friendships etc. There are not many episodes that you watch and feel disappointed at the end.

With regard to the boxing of this item - I can see that some reviewers have had issues. I haven't however. It comes in a largish box with each season in individual packets. In each packet are multiple DVD's. These slide in and out of pockets. No they are not always easy to get back in, but provided you are careful and patient it works just fine.

Recommended!