Profile for Peter Stephenson > Reviews

Content by Peter Stephenson

Peter Stephenson "PeterSt1954" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
PIXNOR EARSON ER151 Outdoor Sports Waterproof Shockproof Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker for iPhone iPad Cellphone (Black)
Offered by Idealships

5.0 out of 5 stars A good, solid mobile speaker with surprisingly good reproduction., 20 Jun. 2017
Had one of these for some time and have found it an extremely good speaker. Not used it for outdoors but I use it as a mobile speaker for my iPad indoors. Much better than the built-in speaker. Highly mobile, gives very good reproduction for it size and I am thoroughly pleased with it. It isn't a 360 degree speaker - only the side you can see actually has the speaker - but for a small speaker it is very good. It can be stood on end or on its side. Quite heavy because it is of good, solid construction (and proper loudspeakers are quite heavy anyway). I think it would stand a few knocks. The only reason I haven't upgraded to a higher definition speaker for static use is that this one is perfectly good for casual use and it takes up very little space on my desk.

Patterned Brass Crutch Walking Stick Healthcare
Patterned Brass Crutch Walking Stick Healthcare
Offered by Complete Care Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Stick with a Heavy Brass Handle., 2 Jun. 2017
Excellent stick for the money. A straight-grained, fairly dense wood shaft and a good, heavy handle. A serious piece of brass. I was really pleased with mine. I've seen this sort of thing in a lot of shops but this is a quality version.

KEDSUM Portable White Noise Machine,Sleep Tones Sound Machine Sound Conditioner for Relax and Well- Sleeping,Sleep Therapy System with 10 Natural Sounds,Timer Option (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks All The Boxes, 2 Jun. 2017
Its too early to comment on how durable this is but on first inspection and first use (over several days now) it ticks all the boxes. I like the selection of sounds although there is one missing - a previous boss screaming in agony as he burns in Hell - but perhaps they will remedy that. It does help with tinnitus - by making the whistle in my head (which isn't too bad) just one the ambient sounds. Its a bit like a ticking clock - after a while you don't notice it but subliminally it dampens the tinnitus. I use mine in my study when I'm not specifically listening to something. I don't need it all the time but it is my default background sound when I have nothing else on. I will buy one for my bedroom as well if my tinnitus gets worse but currently I have no difficulty getting to sleep. I suspect it would also work very well in an office that is too quiet or to help someone read or study where there are distracting sounds.

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions [DVD]
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jun Fukuyama

3.0 out of 5 stars Patchy but generally enjoyable., 24 May 2017
I enjoyed it more than the three star rating would suggest but it was in fact a bit patchy. It starts well with an enjoyable premise that is well explored - but what should have been just the first two or three episodes went on for too long. I almost stopped watching. There is however a point where it starts getting a bit more serious and plot development re-asserts itself. After then its a good anime. I found the ending - no serious spoilers - a bit disappointing. The plot could have gone either way and for me, although either way would have been a reasonable development of the plot, it took the wrong course - but that is just personal preference. Other people may well love it.

Goodia multi color 4.8M 20 LED Icicle Lights Solar Powered Raindrop Garden String Fairy Lights/ LED Waterproof Decorative Lights for Outdoor, Garden, Patio, Christmas, Xmas Tree, Holiday Party
Offered by Dailyart

3.0 out of 5 stars REVISED REVIEW - Its date with the dustbin is now postponed, 16 May 2017
REVISED REVIEW - Finally fed up with the non-functioning lights I threw them in the bin - AND THEY CAME ON! I realised there is something about these lights I wasn't aware of - they don't come on if the solar cell detects light. This is logical since, if you put them in the garden you don't want them on in the daylight. Still not wildly impressed so far far but their failure to operate when I tested them was a feature and not a fault. If you put you hand over the solar cell (imitating darkness) they work.

I wonder how many people assumed they didn't work because they were testing them in the light without covering the solar cell. Have provisionally revised my rating to OK pending further tests.

Girls Und Panzer Collection [DVD]
Girls Und Panzer Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tsutomu Mizushima

5.0 out of 5 stars A bizarre yet strangely normal world you will quickly want to live in., 19 Mar. 2017
If young ladies engaging in the traditional female art of tank warfare (as an alternative to flower arranging) from academies based on aircraft carriers sees ridiculous, it won't bother you for very long. In fact you'll probably soon be wondering why it doesn't happen in real life. Its not profound but it is well written and amusing and someone appears to know his (or her) tanks and tank warfare. You may end up learning more about WW2 tanks than you realised.

Health Plus Turmeric Plus Joint and Digestive Plant Supplement - 30 Capsules
Health Plus Turmeric Plus Joint and Digestive Plant Supplement - 30 Capsules

1.0 out of 5 stars Never Again, 17 Mar. 2017
Ended up purchasing two bottles and had fewer pills in them than described.

Pyrex 250 ml Prepware Kitchen Lab Measure and Shake
Pyrex 250 ml Prepware Kitchen Lab Measure and Shake

3.0 out of 5 stars The Top is Fundamentally Badly Designed for Storing Oil at Least, 13 Mar. 2017
Many people have problems keeping the top on when using it for oils etc. There is a small vent in the top that you can open by pressing the top in IN THE RIGHT PLACE while making sure the vent is open. Its like a little letter box (in a border) just above the maker's name. Only found this months after buying it. However the silicon top still comes out. I believe the problem is that the neck is slightly conical and widens towards the top. When the surfaces are oiled there is insufficient friction to resist the the top squeezing itself out. I've not been able to to stop it doing this even by venting the air as I push the top in.

The Great Courses Plus
The Great Courses Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT COURSES - IF YOU LIVE IN AMERICA, 24 Feb. 2017
This review is from: The Great Courses Plus (App)
Nothing at all wrong with these courses and well worth the subscription - but once you are through the trial period you can't continue with your subscription. Nothing at all. Absolutely zilch. I tried everything.

The presentation incidentally is very American. They aren't just lectures that happen to be filmed but purpose-made lectures to camera. It seems odd at first but when you get used to it "real" lectures that just happen to be filmed do seem a bit dull. Basically they are properly presented video lectures with lecturers who can speak to camera.

Until availability changes the trial period is all that is on offer. Nothing else. Zilch.

Accu-Chek Mobile Blood Glucose System (Eligible for VAT relief in the UK)
Accu-Chek Mobile Blood Glucose System (Eligible for VAT relief in the UK)
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE POTENTIALLY CONFUSING EXPIRY DATE, 21 Feb. 2017
I leave a summary my original review here for the record but I have amended my rating because of the excellent customer service I received when I contacted Accu-Chek about this. They sent me a different meter with a supply of test strips that don't expire quickly. So honour is satisfied and everything make right. But to avoid confusion please read the following

I like this meter and can confirm the many good things said about it. It is good quality and easy to use. But there is a hidden problem. The expiry date is the longest the cassettes will last for - but not the shortest. Once you open the sealed package the cassettes expire in 90 days. No problem if you are frequent user (like the people with diabetes using insulin specified - in a small notice - on the box) but an occasional user could easily find the cassettes expire before they use them. So basically a great meter but with a hidden problem for infrequent users. Although referred to this is not clearly pointed out anywhere.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14