Profile for Neil E. Wilson > Reviews

Content by Neil E. Wilson

Neil E. Wilson "Razgriz" (Kent, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Duco POLARIZED Sports Sunglasses Cycling Glasses With 5 Interchangeable Lenses 0025 (Red)
Offered by DUCO Network Technology Co., Ltd.

3.0 out of 5 stars These were fine whilst they lasted, 22 July 2017
These were fine whilst they lasted, had them for under a year, and they have just disintegrated. It started with the nose piece coming out of it's socket when attempting to pop the lens out, which I then had to glue back in. Then one of the arms' lugs snapped, meaning it would come out of the socket, so I had to glue that too, and finally, the nose piece again, but it cracked which meant one side was held on by a small bit of plastic. In the bin they go for the build quality just does not seem to last...

Acer R11 CB5-132T 11.6 inch Convertible Chromebook Laptop (Intel Celeron N3050, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB eMMC, Integrated Graphics, Chrome OS) - White

2.0 out of 5 stars Acer C720 is older, yet mor powerful than the R11. What are you doing Acer?, 2 July 2016
it's an okay machine, but the specs leave me desiring more. As one of the few chrome books to get initial android apps supported, I am seriously concerned on how the R11 is going to cope. Just with a couple of tabs open, the 2GB RAM is maxed out, even with swap enabled, performance is poor at ALL times. Acer have 4GB ram versions of these R11 devices, but you have to import them from America....

It made me laugh when I compared the C720 to the R11, and found out that the C720 has much better specs and performance overall.... don't waste your money, avoid this device.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2017 9:03 PM BST

PlayStation Vita Cradle
PlayStation Vita Cradle

4.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, just the right angle, 19 Aug. 2013
Can't really complain, it's a nice product, nice feel, good quality. Just needs a volume control to be perfect instead of bypassing the Vita's set.

Bamboo Manga Pen and Touch Tablet
Bamboo Manga Pen and Touch Tablet

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Tablet I have used yet!, 19 Aug. 2013
I have owned the Bamboo 1st gen through to this and I have to say that this was a good buy. I managed to get this when it was £58 and wow, with the bigger drawing area compared to my 1st and 2nd gen tabs, this really draws well. Drawing with Manga Studio Debut 4.0 is also very smooth, even on an old laptop despite RAM warnings.

TeckNet Power Bank 7000mAh Fast Portable Charger Battery Pack USB External Battery Power Bank With LED Torch Portable Mobile phone charger (Dual 5V 3.1A Output)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect companian on the move, 16 April 2013
I've used it to power my portable wireless and charge my phone and I soon hope to use it for my Raspberry Pi. It has a nice quality to it, a good solid build. The charging LED's bug out on me though, but that's probably my choice of 5V chargers.

Sony NWZA845B A series Walkman 16GB MP3 Player with 2.8 inch OLED Screen
Sony NWZA845B A series Walkman 16GB MP3 Player with 2.8 inch OLED Screen

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Walkman, best I've had, 8 April 2011
'Simply the best' comes to mind when I am thinking of Sony's brilliant A series Walkman. Purchased to replace my faulty S series I was blown away by the improvement in sound quality, the crisper display and build quality of the device itself. Coupled with the excellent sony noise cancelling earphones, this Walkman won't fail to give you the best of your music library. I feature I liked especially over the previous S models is the size of the Album art is increased, however 1 downside for me is that your personal backgrounds are limited to the main menu only.

The A series also has support for BBC's iPlayer content allowing to save and catch up with any programs you missed or simply to watch those incredible TV moments again at a later date. As for your own videos, the Walkman's clear and crisp highres display allows you to watch music videos, anime and vlogs without any of that blur or pixelation (but it does depend on the videos resolution and quality).

File transfer is made easy with the instant recognition in Windows XP, Vista and 7 so you can start transferring you music/ pictures and videos simply by 'drag and drop'. When paired with Media Go! your Walkman is easy managed, and the client will let you transfer your music at a click of a button. You can also set certain options within Media Go! so that the music transferred to your Walkman is re/encoded to reduce the size of the music files by reducing the bitrate or changing the format, ultimately allowing you to get more songs in that 16GB space than you would before.

Overall, this item is a sleek, stylish and recommendable mp3 player that's down to earth and simple to use.....well for me that is.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit, 8 April 2011
I ordered this item as I am facing the dilemma which most Walkman users face today, no mains power adapter! Received within the same week of ordering, this fantastic item has a nice feel to it and feels well made. The option to change the adapter is also a very good idea, however I don't intend to travel yet so it's the 3 pin for me, but the fact that you can split the unit into 2 is very handy, though I feel that if the 3 pin connector was also able to fold flat then that would be a winning design. This item gets 5 stars for its cheap price, yet good build quality and being the best, most space saving solution for those without mains chargers for their Walkmans or iPods for that matter.

iGadgitz Black Luxury Soft Napa Leather Case Cover for Sony Walkman NWZ-A840 Series + Screen Protector ( NWZ-A840, NWZ-A845, NWZ-A846, NWZ-A847, NWZ-A848, NWZ-A849 )

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and accessible, 8 April 2011
I bought this case to replace the old case. I wanted a case that would allow me to use my Walkman whilst it was still protected without having to keep taking it out of the case to change songs. iGagitz luxury case is perfect and well made. You can change the volume and apply hold whilst the cover is down with ease and to change tracks or use the Walkman you just unclip and flip over the front and you Walkman is ready to be used behind a protective clear screen. Charging and USB access is also available without having to take the Walkman out.

The build quality of the case feels good, I've only had it for a week, but can tell it's definitely worth it's value in my eyes. I didn't bother with the screen protector that came with it because A) it was too long and B) I would only apply it wrong and get air bubbles =w=

5 stars

Wipeout Pure Soundtrack
Wipeout Pure Soundtrack

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Best, 1 April 2011
SCE really made a hit with Pure racing through to it's original specs. The style, the Ships and the intesity was what defined the early Wipeouts, and this one for me paid tribute to those early incarnations. The soundtrack is a master piece for this game, and works well to give the game itself even more depth as your riding the jumps, chicanes and barrierless tracks high up in the sky (Sol 2). Definetely worthy of purchasing for the Wipeout fans, or just for those trance lovers

Bad Apple (From Touhou)
Bad Apple (From Touhou)

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOMENESS, 1 April 2011
I love the Touhou Project, and I love this. I make that 3 Touhou related tunes available in U.K now :3 Though this does sound kinda very close to Alstroemeria Record's Bad Apple! they did on their Lovelight album, it's still a good arrangement and definetely worth getting if your a fan.

Page: 1 | 2