Profile for domton > Reviews

Content by domton

domton

Blood, Sweat and Tea: Real Life Adventures in an Inner-city Ambulance
Blood, Sweat and Tea: Real Life Adventures in an Inner-city Ambulance

1.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness it was free - I can't believe you pay for the second book!, 2 Nov. 2010
It is one of only two books I have been unable to finish.
The writing style is non-existent, and the language crass. The writer portrays himself as arrogant and unfeeling, with scant respect for others.
I thought the book would be more diary like in style, but it comes across as a collection of post shift pub rants, one after the other after the other,wih no sense of unity, or linking of one story to the next, and no sense of chronology. I really struggled with this book, and deleted it after reading about 10%.
I too was looking forward to reading the book after the positive reviews, but reading them now I really do not understand, and wonder if the author has a lot of colleagues and friends that have downloaded the book. I can think of nothing else that would produce such good reviews on such a poor book. Absolute rubbish.