Profile for C. Jones > Reviews

Content by C. Jones

C. Jones "Cazza" (UK)

French Club Book 1: Bk. 1 (Book & Audio CD)
French Club Book 1: Bk. 1 (Book & Audio CD)
by Rosi McNab

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for pre-Secondary school kids, 7 Aug. 2009
I bought Book 1 and Book 2 for my 3 children aged 7,9 and 11. Book 1 has great music on the CD which has helped my 3 learn so much French. The layouts and illustrations of the book are excellent and my children have loved them. I have worked through the books with the children to help them get the most out of the books but I have enjoyed the process and the music. Book 2 is a definite step up and is very good for covering quite a lot of french that will be learnt at the start of secondary school, again very good illustrations and topics. The CD has less music and more listening activities for the kids to do along with the book.

Rose McNab the author also writes the school french textbooks called Metro which are used in a lot of secondary schools and looking at the French Club books and Metro there are a lot of similarities so I feel the books are preparing my 11 year old well for French at secondary school.