Profile for Cardnim > Reviews

Cardnim

Playdoh Storytime Castle
Playdoh Storytime Castle

2.0 out of 5 stars Potentially dangerous! Not for 3 year olds!, 31 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Playdoh Storytime Castle (Toy)
Despite what it says on the box, I would not recommend this for younger kids.
My daughter is 3 and was playing with this for a short time before the accident happened.

The problem is that the design means you REALLY need to apply some serious force to the top tower in order to squeeze out "Rapunzel's hair".
And i mean serious force - Im 35 and it took me to really push hard!
For my 3 year old daughter, she had to push down with both arms and all her body weight to get it to work.

Unfortunately, the designers have put the unit on a very small base, and the tower is very high, so naturally, the whole thing wants to skid out from under you when pushing down.
Its just such a rubbish, dangerous design I cant believe it got approved!

Just last night, the toy slipped from under my daughter causing her to smash her face into the ground, cutting her lip on her teeth and having a nasty knock.

Bad form Play-Doh and Hasbro - very disappointed in your lack of design on this one.

Thought it might help other parents know what to expect.

TradePriceInks 200 Single Black CD Jewel Cases
TradePriceInks 200 Single Black CD Jewel Cases

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish quality, long delivery and poor customer service., 30 Oct. 2012
I run a CD duplication business so Ive come across my fair share of cases; of varying degrees of quality.
These are among the worst Ive had.

The previous reviewer mentions how good the quality is of the cases they received, and how unlike the flimsy style ones they are...
Well, I can only guess that the previous reviewer was sent a different variety because the ones I received are awful.
Possibly this seller has now changed their supplier? I dont know, but they are certainly very flimsy and cheap plastic.
The lids are so flimsy that they dont even open up properly and flex too much so that the lid jams!
Not good.

I could have lived with this though, this particular job that I needed them for wasnt quality critical (thankfully!)
The added insult was that I needed them in a big hurry, and actually chose this seller because it showed "IN STOCK".
I ordered on 11th Oct, and the worst case delivery date that Amazon showed was the 20th.... however, I didnt get them until the 22nd! Big problem.

After the due date had gone and I still hadnt received them, I contacted the seller to ask where they were and why the delay?
They gave me a very standard, "Its not our fault, its Royal Mail" reply.
Unfortunately, they didnt once mention that they hadnt even posted them until 17th October - a full week after I ordered them?!
Dont know if Royal Mail can be blamed for an item that wasnt even in their system yet!!

Overall, a poor quality product and transaction, but one that could have been redeemed by some quick postage, or even good communication from the seller.
Sadly out of these 3 things, I feel I got none.

Duronic LS06 15.6" Premium Water Resistant Neoprene Laptop Pouch Sleeve for Notebooks upto 15.6 inch
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but stinks!!, 11 April 2012
Got this for my 15" Macbook Pro - which fits perfectly with just enough room in the front zipped puch for the power lead and adaptor.
The Neoprene sleeve seems well made and of ok quality.

Word of warning to anyone though - when you first take this out of the packaging IT STINKS!
A very acrid, over-powering smell of chemicals and something like rubber.
It was literally so bad that within just a few hours of it sitting on my living room coffee table, the whole room stank so much that we couldnt sit in it.
The sleeve was then taken outside to sit for 2 days in the open air (under cover from weather) to let it air.
This seems to have done the trick, and now the smell isnt noticeable at all.

So, if you are buying this just before going to that big sales meeting - LEAVE IT AT HOME (and preferably outside!)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2014 2:53 PM BST