Profile for sweetnativewoman > Reviews

Content by sweetnativewoman

sweetnativewoman (Buckinghamshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Avantree Cell Phone Clip Holder, Gooseneck Universal Lazy Bracket Flexible Long Arm for 3.5-6.3" Phones Mobile Stand for Bed, Office, Kitchen - CP901
Offered by AvantreeDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to use in bed or at a desk., 9 Feb. 2017
I bought this for my husband. We have used it in bed to watch an episode. It fit our IKEA headboard great and secured my phone without jiggle. My husband also used it at his tabletop desk. We are really happy with it and purchased one as a gift.

Emma's Holiday Collection (Emma Books)
Emma's Holiday Collection (Emma Books)

4.0 out of 5 stars Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas stories, 29 Dec. 2016
My girls enjoyed these books. The pictures are colourful and the text is catchy. I like how the turkey was featured differently and not seen as food.

Fitflop Women's Slingcomber Sandals, Mink, 7 UK
Fitflop Women's Slingcomber Sandals, Mink, 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy sandles with the right support for feet, including plantar fasciitis! Worth every pence!, 29 Jan. 2015
If you're a bit like me, when I first saw these, I thought they looked like something an older person would wear. However, I have to say that I decided to buy these based on reviews with the premise of returning if unsuitable.

They look much sexier on than in the picture. (I'm in my 30's.) The width was perfect for me. One foot is an E width and the other is between an E and D. Great colour, comfortable fit over the bridge and strong velcro strap at the heel. I wore them around the house and they seem like my new walk about sandles.

I have been diagnosis with plantar fasciitis. It was quite excruciatingly painful. I had a steroid injection, which helped. I have been doing the excerises, but without proper supporting footwear, it was hurting again. I wanted to avoid a second injection, the first one hurt like nothing I can describe, which made me look for better footwear. Thanks to fitflop, I hope to never have to feel plantar fasciitis pain again.

I have shoe inserts for my trainers that have helped, but I can't wear trainers during the summer as I suffer from very hot feet during that time. These months that be great for my walks to the shop that are 5k or more away. Or when I am doing cleaning in the house, hard floors with not downstairs carpeting.

Nina Takes A Lover
Nina Takes A Lover
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Nina takes her time to tell her story, 4 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Nina Takes A Lover (Amazon Video)
I thought I would give this film a chance as there are some actors in it that I like. After awhile or maybe 20 minutes, I couldn't stop watching to see what happens. At the end of it, I was disappointed and glad I was doing house tasks instead completely wasting my time.

I found it slow, drawn out, and a bit boring.

The Huge Bag of Worries
The Huge Bag of Worries

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for young children!, 19 Aug. 2014
I bought this book for my 5 year old who is a worrier. I wanted so much for this book to be able to help her. It will not be read to her as I think it will be more detrimental than helpful.

There are a few things I don't like about this book. Though I'll say only two glaringly ones.

The author uses the word "fat" as the girl looks in a mirror. I don't see how teaching our children a derogatory word is helpful to anyone.

Secondly, the girl is worried about war. For my child who is quite sensitive, this would just add to her cumbersome load she already carries.

If it wasn't for these two things, I may have let her give this book a chance.

Belkin Energy Saving 8-Outlet Surge Protector with Remote Switch
Belkin Energy Saving 8-Outlet Surge Protector with Remote Switch

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for awhile..., 11 Jun. 2013
I thought this would be great as I have some electronics that don't need to be on all the time. When this was working, I had to push the remote button in twice to make sure it was on/off or listen for the click.

I've just come home to switch it on and it won't turn my electrics back on. Everything else is working in the rest of the house. After 6 months it has died on me. I'm fairly disappointed.

Kids Preferred Healthy Baby: Asthma And Allergy Friendly Buttercup Doll By
Kids Preferred Healthy Baby: Asthma And Allergy Friendly Buttercup Doll By

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent comfort toy, 12 Feb. 2013
My daughter received this as a present from her grandparents. So loved playing with it as a baby and it remained in her bed for cuddles from 1+. She still sleeps with it most nights as it is one of her babies over 3 years later.

Dinosaur Sleepover
Dinosaur Sleepover
by Pamela Duncan Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for anxiety about sleeping over somewhere else, 13 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Dinosaur Sleepover (Hardcover)
My 3 1/2 year old absolutely loves this book. She's had us read it to her every night for the last two weeks, except last night when she read it to herself.

I love that the dinasour is the one that is nervous about going somewhere for the night and the little boy reassures him that everything will be alright. When I read the dinasour's words, I say it in a scared/worried/anxious voice so my daughter can see that we all feel this way sometimes. Then I read the boy's remarks as light and reassuring, at some bits with humour or laughter in my voice.

She has really taken to this book and the illustrations are beautiful. She does actions as I'm reading this book, like pointing to her sparkly white teeth, and she loves reading the note on the refrigerator. I think this empowers her to feel more secure that my husband and myself will always be there to pick her up from nanny's or a friend's house when she's old enough to stay overnight.

Waiting for Baby (New Baby)
Waiting for Baby (New Baby)
by Rachel Fuller
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars A helpful book for my toddler, 21 Aug. 2012
I bought this book as soon as I found out we were pregnant, which I was 4-5 weeks at the time. I immediately started looking for a book to explain what was going to happen to my toddler who would see changes or what new things were going to happen.

This book has been immensely helpful. My daughter is highly intelligent for her age and she even loved this book. She identified herself with the little kid and the parents as my husband and myself. We don't look like the pictures, but children don't care about that, it's only adults who teach them to distinguish the differences.

She had her 3rd birthday just before my first appointment. By this time, I already told her I was pregnant. During the appointment, she didn't cry or ask questons when I had to have blood pressure taken or blood. She remained calm and played with the toys. (She is highly emotional and sensitive child, like me.) She said you're having your blood pressure done and it doesn't hurt. She's been with us or me to almost every appointment and scan. She says there's baby on the monitor.

One thing that I read from another reviewer is that it focuses on shopping. There are 2 pages about shopping. To be honest, we all shop for baby clothes and toys be it at a store for new things or at a secondhand store or carboot sale. It is fun to involve our children in these things so they can help pick out what s/he thinks the baby will like.

I love how as a parent it gives me the opportunity to elaborate on the subject of each page with certain things being set.

The most helpful bit is about mommy napping on the couch, which I have to do everyday. She even tells my husband to be quiet daddy, mommy is sleeping.

So to me, this book deals with everything at the beginning except for the emotions a child is feeling about the new arrival. My sister-in-law have me, A New Baby Is Coming!: A Guide for a Big Brother or Sister by Emily Menendez-Aponte. This book deals with emotions and how the baby will act once s/he is here.

A New Baby Is Coming!: A Guide for a Big Brother or Sister (Elf-Help Books for Kids)
by Emily Menendez-Aponte

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit American in places, but very helpful to my child, 20 Aug. 2012
For those who frown on American words, the words mom and diaper are used. Those are easy to translate to mum and nappy.

I love this book. It goes from mom being pregnant to when the parents have to go to the hospital and when they come home with a baby. It talks about the siblings feelings and how the baby will behave so it isn't a surprise. As another reviewer stated that it does talk a little bit about adoption. Also, this book also uses both gender pronouns so you can tailor it to your child and baby.

I think the most important issue the book talks about is love, mom and dad still love their first child just as much after the baby comes. I promised my daughter at least 30 minutes everyday. I will spend time with her throughout the day, but the 30 mins will be our special time as newborns are unpredictable.

My daughter is still anguish about the new baby, but this book certainly helps and it deals with emotions that are often hard to deal with for anyone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3