Profile for Ian Braby > Reviews

Smart Weigh SWS100 Elite Digital Pocket Scale 100 x 0.01g - Black
Smart Weigh SWS100 Elite Digital Pocket Scale 100 x 0.01g - Black
Offered by Five Star

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 July 2016
Excellent pocket scales with a 100g capacity an two digit accuracy!

Cāble convertisseur LPT2 vers USB
Cāble convertisseur LPT2 vers USB

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says it will!, 9 Jun. 2016
An excellent product that does exactly what it says it will, even when attached to an Atari MegaSTE! It happily produced printouts to my Brother laser using the HP Laserjet printer driver and so I was able to capture many documents that could otherwise be lost. The only slight issue is the cost of the shipment from France, which seemed a little high, but it proved to be worth it!

K-3II DSLR Camera + DA 16-85mmWR Lens Kit
K-3II DSLR Camera + DA 16-85mmWR Lens Kit
Price: £1,249.99

4.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE: Spanish import but great deal!, 9 Jun. 2016
This is an excellent value combination BUT be aware that it is delivered from Spain and so is a Spanish version: Euro plug and, more importantly, Spanish instruction booklet. This is, to my mind, a very serious flaw in an otherwise great package - hence not 5 stars. Now, I'll use an existing power cord to charge the battery and seek out a very-much-less-than-convenient manual to download or, God forbid, purchase!

A Question of Inheritance (A Very English Mystery Book 2)
A Question of Inheritance (A Very English Mystery Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 11 Nov. 2015
A very good read and follow-up to A Very English Mystery) which is surprisingly accurate in its attention to the details of life in a rural (Cotswold) setting, from a writer not native to the country! And a good mystery, to boot, like the original but there are so many loose threads that I look forward to a third (and final?) volume!

Sugar Free Fruit Chews 100g Retro Sweets
Sugar Free Fruit Chews 100g Retro Sweets
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but, there are some concerns., 6 Aug. 2015
Excellent, chewy sugar-free sweets! At least, I hope they are since they were both delivered in clear cellophane bags which bore no listings of ingredients or, indeed, a country of origin. I'm sure that, from a sales of goods point of view, more is necessary than a caution (on one bag only) that excessive consumption could have a laxative effect. I know that, in a sweet shop, a paper bag is sufficient since you could always ask to see the original container for such information, but that's not an option for an online purchase.

Orbitsound M9 Wireless Soundbar with 6 integrated speakers powered by airSOUND Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended M9 Soundbar., 12 July 2015
I've been looking for a decent "sound bar" to compliment my TV but most of them are too big to sit under my TV due to its angled position. Then my brother-in-law demonstrated his M9 and I was sold! The main unit is small and compact and links to my TV via an optical link for highest clarity and the sub-woofer sits on top of my hi-fi sub behind the sofa to deliver a true bass response. Certainly recommended as it was the easiest thing to set up and required no configuration.

Quantum Leap - Season 1
Quantum Leap - Season 1
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Now I understand!, 3 May 2015
I don't think I ever saw the opening episodes of this great series - now I have them and I hope the later seasons will soon be available.

Seiko 5 Men's Automatic Watch with Blue Dial Analogue Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet SNXS77
Offered by GB Watch Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish mechanical timepiece., 17 Dec. 2014
This is the most amazingly-priced mechanical watch which keeps excellent time and is very stylish. My only slight concern is the fact that there is no way to "wind it up" - the crown controls only the time- and date-setting and is not connected to the winding mechanism. This means you just have to wear it every day!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent record-cleaner!, 17 Dec. 2014
This is an excellent product! I'd just purchased a new turntable (my 30+ year old one having finally thrown in the towel) and this product ensures that even the most scratchy-sounding LPs are restored to a clean and playable condition! It's prompted me to get on with digitising my collection and I'm very pleased with the results. I'm just hoping that the fluid is readily available, too!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2015 10:21 AM BST

SanDisk SDCFX-004G-X46 4GB Extreme 40MB/s UDMA 5 CompactFlash Memory Card
SanDisk SDCFX-004G-X46 4GB Extreme 40MB/s UDMA 5 CompactFlash Memory Card
Offered by zoombits

4.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with my old Pentax *istD, 17 Mar. 2014
Works perfectly with my old Pentax *istD and offers well over 950 high-res JPG capacity - even 275-plus RAW images.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3