Profile for Stevo > Reviews

HQ Hydra Mk2 420 Surf Trainer Power Kite
HQ Hydra Mk2 420 Surf Trainer Power Kite
Offered by FUNSPORT

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and fun., 14 Feb. 2017
I have been using the hydra for a few months now and have to say its great fun. Its certainly fit for purpose as a training kite and really does give you excellent grounding for full size on kites in the water. Self launching and landing is simple. Launching from the water however is a lot more tricky. When it lands in the water unless its howling you have to be quick with the relaunch , otherwise it takes on too much water and then its game over. This is more inconvenient than a major issue though as all you do is wade back to the kite, open the flush channels each side and relaunch on land. Body dragging is surprisingly good and as I said - gives you a good idea of the feel using larger kites without it trying to kill you! I am the wrong side of 100kg so a hefty fella and this kite is capable of dragging and lifting me in a 15/20+ knot wind. I have also had a play knee boarding on a Fatyak Hono which so far is the best crack yet. The Hydra took me to planing speed on the Hono with ease in a 20 knot wind. I have also had a go using it on my paddleboard which is fun but I lack the skills to make the most of it at the moment. So if you are looking for a kite a bit more versatile than a bulk standard trainer without spending too much more, then this is the one to go for.

DOOGEE X5S 5.0" HD 4G LTE Android 5.1 Lollipop Smartphone -- MT6735 64bit Quad Core 1.0GHz Dual SIM Free Mobile Phone 1GB/8GB DG Xender Smart Wake Air Gestures GPS WIFI Cellphone (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars The doogees bits., 8 Sept. 2016
Had this about 3 months now and taking a bit of getting used to after several years of Nokia Lumia windows phone. Have to say I like this phone , it does everything and more than most smart phones. The price is a no brainer for that reason alone! More likely user error having "accidently" phoned people at 0400 in the morning during a night shift as still trying to find an easy way to lock the unit ( there are several options inc hand gestures?) Also struggled initially with answering calls but again that is user and not the phone. Eventually sussed it, it is possible to answer the call by just waving the phone- awsome. The quality is well beyond the price paid and feels top of the range. It is very responsive and all the features work as they are supposed to. Like it that much bought my wife one last month after her iphone smashed after a minor drop onto a carpeted floor ( Ive dropped the Doogee several times with no damage , just shows what a flimsy unit an iphone is?). Got both phones running on BT mobile and the set up process was simple. Added a nice case and screen protector for less than £10 too. If you are not a phone label snob and want a quality phone to do everything you need then the Doogee is the answer. Treat yourself with the £250+++ savings at the same time.

Fire HD 7, 7" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers
Fire HD 7, 7" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 21 Aug. 2015
Writing this post with my Fire . Kindle has come a long way! What a great bit of kit. I love gadgets and have a iPad and a galaxy tab but I keep using the fire as its so user friendly and fantastic value so it's my tablet of choice for taking to work. Love the quality of the screen and overall performance. Predictive text normally winds me up big time but this is almost reading your mind it's that accurate. Watching films is a joy especially with a decent set of phones. Fair to say I have no problem recommending this little gem.

A34 Bat made of fine English Pewter on a split ring key-ring Handmade with prideindetails gift packed handmade in sheffield
Offered by prideindetails

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice😆, 21 Aug. 2015
I am batfan tell all your friends! Nice little item adorning my work bag. Good price and well made.

Immortalized (Deluxe Version) [Explicit]
Immortalized (Deluxe Version) [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Disturbed are back!!, 21 Aug. 2015
Doesn't seem to be well received by the so called experts on the metal world. Well as far as I can tell the first listen to this offering is typically Disturbed and why would they change as suggested by the experts? Dave has a unique voice and that's the appeal to me, there are some subtle differences in the production but not detrimental. I am not a die hard fan (never seen them live) but have pretty much every album produced by Disturbed and Device because I like the music they provide and Immortalized is no different_ its a bloody good album!

Masta Webbing Leg Straps Pair - Black
Masta Webbing Leg Straps Pair - Black
Offered by Goldstar Leisure Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Used it to great effect this week, 23 Dec. 2014
Got this in combination with A large cribeener clip to make a self launch kitesurf device for a fraction of the price of "manufactured" unit. Used it to great effect this week.

Camping D Shape Gold Tone Aluminum Carabiner Hook
Camping D Shape Gold Tone Aluminum Carabiner Hook
Offered by Ascot City

4.0 out of 5 stars Used it to great effect this week, 23 Dec. 2014
Got this in combination with horse leg straps to make a self launch kitesurf device for a fraction of the price of "manufactured" unit. Used it to great effect this week.

Frostfire Changing Robe
Frostfire Changing Robe
Offered by Innovationstore

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 23 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Frostfire Changing Robe (Misc.)
Using this after kitsurf sesh. Great bit of kit makes things a lot easier and warmer in the current climate! Although not as thick as other bashas I think its pretty good. Seems to be well made and absorbent. I used it the other day in 8 degrees c and it was nice and warm. Dignity is back in town.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and fantastic quality and looks pretty cool too, 23 Oct. 2014
Been looking for an all round helmet I can use for kite surfing, windsurfing and kayaking and this is it. Excellent value and fantastic quality and looks pretty cool too! Had it on for well over 3 hours on first use with no headache or discomfort. After a short while did,nt notice it was there. Very chuffed or in surfer talk stoked with my purchase.

Skiiddii Foldable 20300 Bike and Bicycle Trailer - Black, 60 kg
Skiiddii Foldable 20300 Bike and Bicycle Trailer - Black, 60 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value quality item, 9 Oct. 2014
I use this for windsurfing. Had to get the towing arm extended which was done by a local trailer firm for £25 . It tows really well and with over 30kg I hardly notice it .In the time I have had it it has paid for itself as I no longer have car parking charges when I go windsurfing! It is well made and easy to attach to the bike. All my gear fits well inside with the board strapped on top , with room to spare.So far had no issues using on the road from local sheriffs I use some back roads to get to the water about 1.5miles. I intend to use it for kite surf gear soon which is much lighter kit but about six miles along the beach prominade to the venue, so should put the trolley through its paces. If you are tight for space it comes apart and stores virtually flat very easily. No hesitation at all recommending this item its great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3