Profile for Mrs. Razia Welland > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Razia Welland

Mrs. Razia Welland "Razia" (UK)

Aap Ki Kasam [DVD]
Aap Ki Kasam [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Songs and Delightful Locations, 18 July 2011
This review is from: Aap Ki Kasam [DVD] (DVD)
This film packs in a real formulaic Indian romance with two students that fall in love, and contrary to background and wealth they actually get the chance to be married. But, then, with all good stories things start to go wrong. One suspecting husband too many and the much sought after Mumtaz is back at home with her parents. I bought this film as I'd seen a documentary based on Rajesh Khanna's fall from superstardom in the 70s. Muntaz was also featured in the film and 'Aap Ki Kasam' was being made in the background.
I'd definitely recommend this film for its catchy songs and sad ending.

Clearblue Digital Ovulation Testing Kit - 7 Pack
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Testing Kit - 7 Pack
Offered by LifePharmacy Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Took too long to read, 23 May 2011
This product just took too long. It was temperamental and I wasted a lot of time in the mornings waiting for my results to appear. I think it is far better to use the normal sticks which save the wait and you can always leave your results to the side while you get ready for work etc. I want be buying this item again - what a waste of money.

An Artist of the Floating World
An Artist of the Floating World
by Kazuo Ishiguro

3.0 out of 5 stars A very slow read with no real purpose., 3 Sept. 2009
I was recommended this book by a fellow art student and thought I'd give it a read. On reading the first few chapters I was really into the book, but then started to wonder where the main characters where heading and soon discovered that there wasn't really much purpose to this book. Yes, there are interesting elements of Japan's political history after and during the second world war, but it didn't really grip me as being convincing. Certainly a book to take out of the library on a wet rainy day.

Diary Of An Ordinary Woman
Diary Of An Ordinary Woman
by Margaret Forster

5.0 out of 5 stars A good travel read., 15 May 2008
I read this book while travelling on the trains and was just captured by the attention to detail and by the narrater's talent for recording - yes, this book is a diary and what a witty acount you get. I found it hard not to think about the accounts in the book and how I sympathised with the main protagonist - you'll absolutely love it. A well deserved five stars.

Funny in Farsi: A Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America
Funny in Farsi: A Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America
by Firoozeh Dumas

5.0 out of 5 stars Had me in tears of laughter at each chapter, 24 May 2006
I'm still in the midst of reading this book by Dumas, and I must say I can't stop being in complete awe of her style and prose as she winds you through this magnificent memoir.

A must read for anyone interested in 'aving a good laugh and gaining a valuable life story.