Profile for Backchatgirl > Reviews

Content by Backchatgirl

Backchatgirl

Lost Christmas - BBC1 - Starring BAFTA, Olivier and two-time Emmy award-winner Eddie Izzard & Jason Flemyng [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eddie Izzard

5.0 out of 5 stars A Modern Christmas Classic, 12 Dec. 2012
I don't usually write reviews but for this film I really need to make an exception. Firstly, I am just ecstatic that this has been released on DVD. Shown last Christmas on BBC1, this film tells the story of Goose who believes he is responsible for his parent's car accident one year before the story's start. Now a streetwise kid, delving into crime, he is devastated when his dog, Mutt, goes missing. But a chance meeting with a mysterious stranger may not only be just the hope he needs in finding Mutt, but a chance to set things right. Hopefully I haven't given too much away there, but this is truly a wonderful film. Both Eddie Izzard and Jason Flemyng shine in this story, and Larry Mills gives a great performance as Goose. I pray that this becomes a Christmas classic because it honestly deserves the attention of every household this winter. I can't wait to buy a copy of the DVD now and watch it again and again!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful dress!, 19 Jun. 2012
(I didn't purchase from amazon, but from <...>)

This dress is beautifully made and fits my size 10 like a dream. I was a little worried as I thought the material looked shiny from the photo, but it's well made and looks great. The only problem I will have with this dress is tying the halterneck but I'm sure I'll work that out! I also picked this mini dress over the longer version so it would be a bit easier to wear day to day and it's not too short, so it's not slutty or anything.

Planet Zoo: 100 Animals We Can't Afford to Lose
Planet Zoo: 100 Animals We Can't Afford to Lose
by Simon Barnes

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read, 23 May 2011
This book is brilliant - it reads very well, like a journal of sorts, and really gets you involved in the story of the these wonderful animals and what we can do to save them. On the other hand, it does get slightly repetitive after a while as there are a lot of similar stories in this book. However the amazing illustrations surely makes up for that as they can be found on every other page :) I really recommend this book.

Lucy, the Beginnings of Humankind
Lucy, the Beginnings of Humankind
by Donald C. Johanson

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and easy to read, 23 May 2011
This is the first book I've bought on Anthropology, so I can get prepared for the course next year. This book was really easy to read and I found after a while I was actually reading for fun! It takes a while to get going into the actual story of Lucy - you are given an account of how Lucy was discovered, in brief, in the preface and then there are a lot of chapters about older anthropologists and lots of background information. Actually I found this the most interesting part to the story as it talks about the many people involved in finding hominid skulls and making progress towards what we know about hominid evolution today. However there are a lot of names and I have already forgotten a few even though I read it just recently, so you may want to read it again (and you'll end up engrossed all over again!