Profile for D. Hunter > Reviews

Content by D. Hunter

D. Hunter (Maldon, Essex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Water Is Wide
The Water Is Wide

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent version of this song, 11 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Water Is Wide (MP3 Download)
A good friend of mine is trying to start a band, and this was one of the songs being suggested that we play, so I downloaded the mp3. I love it.

Who Knows Where The Time Goes?
Who Knows Where The Time Goes?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song, brilliant version, 11 Mar. 2013
A good friend of mine is trying to start a band, and this was one of the songs being suggested that we play, so I downloaded the mp3. I love it, and dare I say it, better than the original.

The Water Is Wide (Live)
The Water Is Wide (Live)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not the best version, 11 Mar. 2013

Cold Cold Ground
Cold Cold Ground

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, great song, 11 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Cold Cold Ground (MP3 Download)

JOYO JF-09 Tremolo Guitar Effect Pedal
JOYO JF-09 Tremolo Guitar Effect Pedal
Offered by JOYO Audio UK - Guitar Effects

5.0 out of 5 stars Trem-endous, 31 Jan. 2013
Bought this recently and it's really brilliant. Obviously a tremolo pedal has a narrow use and you have to pick the right moments, but this couldn't be better at what it does, especially at the cost!! :-)

Etched In Blue
Etched In Blue
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars A much missed musical icon, 9 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Etched In Blue (Audio CD)
The word genius is overused, but it can truly be applied to Rory Gallagher. I had the pleasure to see him live twice, and the breadth of his talent was astounding. This album is an excellent introduction to Rory's work, and while they are a few better tracks that could have been chosen, or they should have made it a double CD. Buy it and you won't be disappointed :-)

First Take
First Take

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential listening, 9 Feb. 2012
This review is from: First Take (Audio CD)
I originally had this on cassette (have I just given my age away!!!). It's a shame there are only 5 stars to award as this is beyond doubt one of the best albums I have ever heard. Not one duff track, and although in some way a snapshot of the times it was recorded in, the album still stands up as a valid musical statement today. Just buy it!!!

Event Horizon
Event Horizon

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting mix of SF and Religion, 9 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Event Horizon (Kindle Edition)
Not a bad book, started brilliantly but ended far too abruptly! Also the mix of Sci Fi to Religion went too far towards the religious side as the book went. My advise to the author would be to re-write it with a proper ending, slightly toning down the overtly religious aspect, and then he would have a 5 star classic on his hands.

Whirld Tour 2010
Whirld Tour 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost a masterpiece, 17 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Whirld Tour 2010 (Audio CD)
I saw Transatlantic at High Voltage 2010, and this was filmed a few months before. Fabulous music, highly entertaining. Just buy it and lose yourself

Let It Roll
Let It Roll
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars What a comeback!!!, 17 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Let It Roll (Audio CD)
I originally bought this on vinyl, and just had to have it on CD. Not a duff track, and a fitting comeback for one of the world's best bands after the death of Lowell George.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7