Profile for mama panda > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Prestige Main Ingredients Egg Separator
Prestige Main Ingredients Egg Separator

5.0 out of 5 stars Egg separator, 23 April 2013
Never saw the need for one of these but since I use more recipes that require egg whites I decided to buy this one. It is very easy, no need for moving it round to get all the egg white out. Well made, dishwasher proof which is a must;-) really recommend this product.

Andrew James Professional Stainless Steel 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set - 0.5L, 1L, 2L, 5L & 10L
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 3 April 2013
I bought these mixing bowls as I have to cook and bake things from scratch due to my cildrens' food allergies and was looking for some durable bowls. In the past I had bought an Andrew James milk jug for frothing milk for our espresso maker and was very pleased with it, sturdy and durable and therefore choose Andrew James again for mixing bowls. Big mistake. The bowls are nice and shiny but very thin. Not good enough for frequent (daily) use. I returned the items at great expense if you take into consideration the postage for sending and returning, so left with nearly £6 after spending £32 (£19 for the item plus £9 sending postage and £3.99 for return postage). My worst buy. It was also delivered by Yodel, a shockingly bad courier service and I will have to drive 5 miles to go to the nearest collect plus to return this worthless item. Cannot recommend it at all. If you are not sure go to a shop and look at the bowls first also avoiding the postage... Looks professional but not so.

Mama Has Hyperemesis Gravidarum (But Only For A While)
Mama Has Hyperemesis Gravidarum (But Only For A While)
by Ashli McCall

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for pregnant mothers with HG who have children, 14 Dec. 2012
I got this book when I was expecting my third baby, mostly for my 3 year old but it turns out even my 18 month old at that time understood it. It is a thin paperback book with lovely illustrations and a wonderful story that does not hide the horribleness but at the same time reminds the child that mummy is only sick for a little while and includes the excitement of the pending arrival of the baby. As the book was written by an American the wording is slightly non British with words such as trash can. But this is not annoying at all as the story is so well written. When my husband first read it to my girls they both had tears in their eyes and the eldest said "mummy has that too daddy". My third is now nearly 4 months and they still like me to read it to them especially the youngest, she can now express what she remembers and we talk about it. Am keeping the book just in case my daughter suffer with HG in the future. Cannot recommend highly enough!

Chicco Mia Rocker Greeny for 0-6 Months - Blue
Chicco Mia Rocker Greeny for 0-6 Months - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Chicco baby bouncer, 4 Nov. 2012
For my first two I had the older version of this chair and we loved it so much we bought this one for our third after a friend's heavy 3.5 year old toddler climbed in and broke the chair. I love the fact that it is suitable from birth, you can pretty much lie baby flat. There are two handles on the side of the chair you turn up to adjust the back-rest. The chair also bennefits from removable 'pillows' with a bottom part and head part that can be adjusted and as baby gets older completely removed. The pillows keep baby very comfy. The arm with the toys can be removed easily. The chair can rocked by foot or as baby gets older by baby's own movements. The chair can also be put on non rocking by turning a plastic feet down at the back and bottom of the chair as shown in the picture. This is fab for when baby starts weaning and cannot sit unsupported yet. (mine do not tend to sit unaided until they are about 10 months!) The fabric and pillows are fully removable and washable. The instructions I believe recommend hand or surface wash only but I wash them at 30 in the washing machine and the fabric stays fine and fits the frame every time. It is easy to take on trips and holiday as it folds flat if you take the metal bits appart. I absolutely love this chair and would recommend it. The only reason i have given this chair only 3 stars is the fact that the harnas is covered with fabric 'flaps'. They are very stiff and we find it very annoying when you strap baby in, it makes it a real struggle. We thought about cutting them off but then baby's toddler sisters would be able to open the harnas as the harnas itself is very easy to open. The normal old fashioned harnas was much better and much safer.

Chicco Boppy Cotton Slipcover - Rise and Shine
Chicco Boppy Cotton Slipcover - Rise and Shine

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cover looks much nicer than on picture, 2 Aug. 2012
I bought this cover to be able to use one and wash one. It was prized very reasonably compared to the other covers (£6.49 half price) The print is a lot prettier than on the picture. It washes well and keeps it shape. The cover goes on very easily and closes with a zip. Very pleased with it.

Chicco Boppy Pillow with Cotton Slipcover - Crazy Cars
Chicco Boppy Pillow with Cotton Slipcover - Crazy Cars

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect pillow, 2 Aug. 2012
I have tried many pillows including cheap ones and the breast friend pillow and wasted lots of money with my first two babies. This pillow is nice and firm and I find it very supportive for both baby and me. Not at the stage yet to try it out on baby when it can sit a bit but it looks like it will do the trick. The cover has a zip and is easily removed for washing and it keeps it shape and size. Very pleased but wish I had bought it with my first child...

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Pillow is huge, 7 Jun. 2012
I bought this product to try and make the seatbelt and long car journeys more comfortable for my 3 year old. When it arrived it was huge, way too big to wrap round the seatbelt. Pillow must be comfy as huge but not sure how practical it would be in the car. Probably better to get a round the neck pillow for naps on long car journeys. I sent the seatbelt pad / pillow back. Shame as my little girls loves pandas.

SEAT BELT COMFORT PADS- PLAIN BLACK
SEAT BELT COMFORT PADS- PLAIN BLACK
Offered by FastcarDirect - 24 Hour Dispatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Seatbelt pads, 7 Jun. 2012
My three year old kept moving her seatbelt in her new car seat. She claimed it hurt. I bought these and have not had any more complaints of discomfort and she keeps her seatbelt on correctly. The product is easy to put round the seatbelt and fastened with velcro. There were two pads in the package. Excellent buy very good price too.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect toddler glue!, 17 April 2012
I bought these blue glue sticks for my girls and for a toddler group. Most glue and glue sticks are white and children cannot easily tell if they have glued something or not. This glue is blue when you put it on but then becomes clear. This helps the toddler see where he or she has glued and if it needs more or not. It makes glueing a lot less messy, a real bonus for busy mums! They make great gifts too.

Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro Group 2/3 Car Seat Racing Black
Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro Group 2/3 Car Seat Racing Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Booster seat, 17 April 2012
I bought 2 of these car seats after checking car booster seats on the Which website as I wanted safety more than looks. It was recommended as a best buy. The instructions are very clear and the seat can be used both as isofix or normal. The chair can be pulled into a reclining position when your child has fallen asleep. The seat can be adjusted to your child's height and width, which is easily done. This is handy as I regularly take other people's children to play school etc. The car seat is not too heavy and even whilst pregnant I find it easy to move it if required. My daughter finds it very comfortable and her older niece who normally refuses to wear the seatbelt across is happy to sit in our seat when she visits. It is not cheap but I think safety is priceless, well worth it. The seats were delivered promptly and well packaged. Would really recommend this car seat!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2012 2:42 PM BST